Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Happy Saint Patrick's Day to one and all!

Crock Pot has been filled with a 4 pound [lean] Corned Beef and fixin's, except for the cabbage.

Going to have to remove the round of beef in order to cook the cabbage.

-

On green beer: this is an abomination dreamed up by some demented marketing "genius" who should be tied down and forced to drink fermented mares milk till he pukes.

-

Ireland Forever!

Here's a little something that every true son and daughter of Erin will appreciate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqMD6QPvJEk

GEM

Hoist a pint to the memory of Jimmy Ferguson.

• Like 5

I think we're having burgers tonight, because... I'm not Irish. >.>

Neither is Andi, despite more than one person listening to him talk, then, after several long minutes, saying, 'wow, are you Irish?' 

... Yes, this has happened. 

I may, or may not have a stash of Irish whiskey around here somewhere, though.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

It's wet as a fish out and we're having a dinner of fried potatoes, steamed cabbage, brown bread, hot tea, and a chicken stolen from my english neighbors. Or maybe it was one I bought at the grocery.  :)   Last night we did a corned beef burger thing and it was awesome, https://www.kansasbeef.org/in-the-home/homegrown-recipes/reuben-burger     Going on the summer menu rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It's wet as a fish out and we're having a dinner of fried potatoes, steamed cabbage, brown bread, hot tea, and a chicken stolen from my english neighbors. Or maybe it was one I bought at the grocery.  :)   Last night we did a corned beef burger thing and it was awesome, https://www.kansasbeef.org/in-the-home/homegrown-recipes/reuben-burger     Going on the summer menu rotation. 

The story would be even better if the chicken was "appropriated" from your English Landlord.

And it goes to another level if the I.R.A. is involved in the heist.

Éire go Brách.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I think we're having burgers tonight, because... I'm not Irish. >.>

Neither is Andi, despite more than one person listening to him talk, then, after several long minutes, saying, 'wow, are you Irish?' 

... Yes, this has happened. 

I may, or may not have a stash of Irish whiskey around here somewhere, though.

that's ok, the corned beef isn't irish either :P It is just substituting for bacon

• Like 8

Current activity: doing the work equivalent of twiddling my thumbs.

I'm still waiting for a BIG, months-long record digitizing project to actually START (it was theoretically supposed to start back in January), and it's theoretically going to start VERY SOON (tm). 

I've been doing my level best to find things to do, but after scanning and filing every older Covid record that could possibly need it, writing a couple more desk references (for processes I've only been slightly trained on; this is becoming a pattern lol), and general tidying-up of every loose end imaginable, I've rather run myself out of useful things to do. 

Right now I'm making a detailed powerpoint presentation summarizing my most in-depth desk reference (on a program I sort of became the subject matter expert for), which may not even be necessary. It won't actually be needed for another month at the very soonest, but, well.... *shrug*

The fact that I'm bored is actually a very good thing. It means processing the paperwork for our county's Covid positive residents has gone from a 2-person full time job to hardly enough for 1 person part-time. Both my co-worker and I are in no danger of being laid off (because of the eminent BIG project, which we've already been trained on (3 times...?!)). We're just getting tired of trying to invent work out of thin air in the meantime. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 19

13 hours ago, TGP said:

I bet this does not happen in Ireland...

531e9cbe52be9.preview-699.jpg?crop=699,5

Considering how dark Guinness is, if you could find a way to make it green, the gods themselves couldn't get me to drink it. I'll stick with regular old dark Guinness, thanks.

Having chicken cacciatore for dinner, it didn't occur to us what day it was when we made our meal plans for the week.

I'll have a shot of Jameson later on, though.

I celebrated by getting my first vaccine shot.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

Poached chicken?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Princess Aurora makes a great StarFleet CMO. I am not as impressed with Capt. Charming. 

Or maybe he is just a Lt. Cmdr?  They left off the rank pips!

That’s not Charming, that’s Phillip. Charming is Cinderella’s prince. 

I had an extremely not-Irish dinner of curry leftovers. Like most soups, it was better as a leftover.

• Like 11