Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Well, I’ve been productive today. Aside from work, I got the dishes done, framed up a bunch of pictures (I just got a load of frames), made dinner, and put up some shelves. I also need to replace the toilet seat before I go to bed.

I think the side effect of this unusual productivity is that I keep loosing things. I lost my barrette (since found), I lost my debit card, and this morning I lost my keys. I’ve never lost my keys like that before and I’ve never, ever lost a debit or credit card. It’s really weirding me out.

The keys stay on a hook by the door, so they never get lost. The wallet in a box, also by the door, but I don't always take my wallet out of my pocket so that one has a higher chance of getting lost.

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Only because I planned for leftovers.

I prepared a four pound roast for two people.

Add in the amount of potatoes, carrots, etc. for that size roast and our crock pot was full to the brim, to the point I had to remove the roast to cook the cabbage.

I really like Corned Beef, especially when it is lean like the roasts we get from Costco.

About the only way to improve it would be to make a Corned Beef Lasagna.

GEM

Who finds it much easier to cook for four people and serve a meal twice than to try to cook just for two.

Most things I cook are either done for just that one meal, or enough to feed  us for the week. There's rarely an in-between.

COFFEE!! (and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier as soon as the Hamsterling goes down for his first nap)

• Like 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A look back on what happened on March 19th:

• 1918 – The US Congress established time zones and approved daylight saving time.

• 1965 – The wreck of the SS Georgiana, valued at over $50,000,000 and said to have been the most powerful Confederate cruiser, was discovered by teenage diver and pioneer underwater archaeologist E. Lee Spence, exactly 102 years after its destruction.

• 2008 – Cosmic burst GRB 080319B, that is the farthest object visible to the naked eye, was briefly observed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Probably not Zoom. That doesn't work well for singalongs, since it only allows one participant to have audio transmitting at a time.

I use Zoom all the time, mostly ZoomGov, and I can say this is not true.  We have people speak on top of each other all the time. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

The keys stay on a hook by the door, so they never get lost. The wallet in a box, also by the door, but I don't always take my wallet out of my poc

It turned out that the keys were my husband's fault. I actually put them on the hook, but he grabbed them and used them to open the car, put them in his coat pocket and forgot about them. Unfortunately he didn’t think of that until after we went dumpster diving to make sure I hadn’t accidentally thrown them away :zombie:

• Like 13

Yesterday I had a near death experience!!!

My girl had ordered clothes, she all tried them out upstairs and asked oldest Vixen's advice.

Then!

She came downstairs and showed it to me and asked my advice!!!

I was lucky enough to give the same advice as oldest Vixen!

I survived!!!

• Haha 16

48 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

My girl had ordered clothes, she all tried them out upstairs and asked oldest Vixen's advice.

Then!

I survived!!!

That there sounded like not only stumbling into a minefield, but also the receiving site of an active artillery barrage! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

A look back on what happened on March 19th:

• 1918 – The US Congress established time zones and approved daylight saving time.

• 1965 – The wreck of the SS Georgiana, valued at over $50,000,000 and said to have been the most powerful Confederate cruiser, was discovered by teenage diver and pioneer underwater archaeologist E. Lee Spence, exactly 102 years after its destruction.

• 2008 – Cosmic burst GRB 080319B, that is the farthest object visible to the naked eye, was briefly observed.

And today is Lady C's Birthday! Gonna spoil her some more.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Then!

I survived!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pHPC1KzvIU

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Would you believe that neither after school group trusts the beholder newspaper editor?

They seem convinced that she has a cunning plan. (She does - but it has more to do with hoarding information than any nefarious goings on.)

She actually like the lesser beings - they make her lifestyle possible.

She commands over a hundred people, not with threats and punishment, but with paltry coins and a byline in the paper.

She can make the powerful dance to her tune, with sly innuendo, a wink and a nod, and the occasional flattering piece in the social section.

But she likes it best when others are playing the game for the sake of the game.

Unlike Casey or Queenpin, she enjoys a good game of chess. And the reward for a game well played is another game.

The Auld Grump

I don't trust her, and we haven't even met her yet!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Then!

I survived!!!

ackbar.jpg.89c48ad6d6b7644731e5bef4d35cc7d6.jpg

Even the good Admiral knows to keep his mouth shut in that situation...

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

49 minutes ago, Corsair said:

And today is Lady C's Birthday! Gonna spoil her some more.

CONGRATS!!!

26 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

We has the money for an Elegoo Saturn.

There are no Elegoo Saturns with US PLUGS to be had.

The UK and EU Saturns are there, mocking me. ::(:

Well, how about an adapter?

image.png.67963ac501ef6dc2f1390c283bec9b4f.png

• Like 6