Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Your building doesn’t give out notices or have a webpage to check if they are doing shenanigans..?

NOPE.

Would have been nice.

They're installing something in the stairwells... it's loud. Very loud. Just put the Hamsterling down... we'll see if he'll sleep through it.

Lunch time.

• Like 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

indisputable.jpg.1f1e83437a3f2a5b32cc8fbb1b042e46.jpg

I can't believe that the Bren got that low of a ranking but can't dispute the winner. One of my dad's uncles was a Bren gunner at the end of WW2 in Holland and Germany. 

Spent the better part of the weekend watching Sword Art Online Alicization. Now I need to try and look like I'm doing something useful but have no energy.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

My money is on the Coyote.  He may have only succeeded once, but he's also survived countless mishaps, and typically come out of it wiser.  More or less. 

Before the crash though, that speeder bike dude is going to think he has the upper hand, but somehow, the Coyote will have at least three more tricks up his sleeve.  I would love to see the storm trooper continue on along the painted scenery road though, that would be an impressive sight... Until the storm trooper panicked... 

^^^This^^^

Finally have my taxes done, and ready to submit. Gonna wait until the last moment though. Just cause I can. 

My son's last week of school started today.  4-6 years ago we were worried about him graduating at all, instead he's graduating early. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

NOPE.

Would have been nice.

They're installing something in the stairwells... it's loud. Very loud. Just put the Hamsterling down... we'll see if he'll sleep through it.

Lunch time.

He will sleep through the jack-hammering and screaming machinery noise, then after it stops wake at the slightest sound of footsteps on carpet. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

indisputable.jpg.1f1e83437a3f2a5b32cc8fbb1b042e46.jpg

3 hours ago, Zink said:

I can't believe that the Bren got that low of a ranking but can't dispute the winner. One of my dad's uncles was a Bren gunner at the end of WW2 in Holland and Germany. 

Spent the better part of the weekend watching Sword Art Online Alicization. Now I need to try and look like I'm doing something useful but have no energy.

well, we also have to consider that the Bren isn't as well known as the M1 Garand or StG44 in certain segments of the population, and it was a squad weapon rather than an individual weapon, and the gun results aren't as surprising

As to the actual result, it is rather accurate

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:
4 hours ago, Crowley said:

NOPE.

Would have been nice.

Lunch time.

He will sleep through the jack-hammering and screaming machinery noise, then after it stops wake at the slightest sound of footsteps on carpet. 

You're right...

• Like 6

Pipe has been swapped out! Fully fixed status still pending, have to check it for leaks at the joints. Since the vent pipe doesn't technically have running water, I have to wait for the temperature to drop sufficiently in a few days to see if the water vapor condensed enough inside to leak out. Worried about one joint, wanted to get more of the pipe into the socket but the solvent weld set too quickly on me. I think I got enough in there to keep it from leaking, but we'll find out in a few days?

Otherwise, it's either redoing it, or taking my green stuff and epoxying all around the joints... ugh, using green stuff for what it was actually intended for? Perish the thought!

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Pipe has been swapped out! Fully fixed status still pending, have to check it for leaks at the joints. Since the vent pipe doesn't technically have running water, I have to wait for the temperature to drop sufficiently in a few days to see if the water vapor condensed enough inside to leak out. Worried about one joint, wanted to get more of the pipe into the socket but the solvent weld set too quickly on me. I think I got enough in there to keep it from leaking, but we'll find out in a few days?

Otherwise, it's either redoing it, or taking my green stuff and epoxying all around the joints... ugh, using green stuff for what it was actually intended for? Perish the thought!

There's always JB Weld.

GEM

• Like 6