Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 minute ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Yeah, not fond of the changes.  Seems to waste a lot of screen.......

Really hoping it's still being tweaked and it won't be so space hog-y.

• Like 7
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Husband and myself started having phone issues around the same time. Apps crashing randomly, apps crashing upon opening, that sort of stuff. In trying to force restart his phone Husband accidentally factory reset his phone. It seemed to have worked so I backed up all my crap and did one myself when we got home from picking up groceries. We have no idea what was going on but it is fixed now.

I'm guessing you have Android phones?  This article just popped up in my feed.
https://www.engadget.com/android-gmail-stop-running-webview-234125352.html?fbclid=IwAR3mLgvk8qZ4HYls3pclwxj_IaboF04af6vXl7asOr58ZzfudIxeV3zhjX8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

UGH, that was probably what was going on. Still updating things after the initial download stuff. I'll keep an eye out for that in case this happens again. Thanks.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Anyone else's forum look drastically different this morning or is it just me? Can we not do spoilers anymore (on PC)?

Yesterday was a broccoli show.

Husband and myself started having phone issues around the same time. Apps crashing randomly, apps crashing upon opening, that sort of stuff. In trying to force restart his phone Husband accidentally factory reset his phone. It seemed to have worked so I backed up all my crap and did one myself when we got home from picking up groceries. We have no idea what was going on but it is fixed now.

Next, we ordered a cat bowl a couple weeks ago that's supposed to be at a good angle so it causes less stomach upset in the cat. Husband had not had time to check the mail before someone from the neighborhood brought it over and left it on our doorstep. I thank them greatly but am very upset with the company who sent it. They wrapped it in tape in one of those bubble envelopes to conform to the shape. Upon opening there were chips in the bowl and that would have been fine except they have very sharp edges. I emailed the company and reported it as damaged. Still waiting to hear back.

I was planning on putting up curtains yesterday but after everything I was just frustrated and in pain. So today, hopefully, at least one set will get put up. We have 2 windows that need curtains.

Hoping yesterday is not a precursor to how the rest of the week is going to go. But hey, at least I got my Monument Hobbies package and everything was intact.

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

THANK YOU!! It's been driving me nuts. Glad it wasn't just me. Started looking into gettng a new phone even! :lol:

Also hate this new look for the forum.

Did a bit of painting last night, and some basing this morning. The Hamsterling's first nap seems to be going well...

COFFEE!!

• Like 8
3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Anyone else's forum look drastically different this morning or is it just me? Can we not do spoilers anymore (on PC)?

Yes, format TOTALLY borked.

• Like 5

more thanks for the Android article ::D: Mine started playing up yesterday and I thought it was hardware related. Really glad it's not.

I wasn't too annoyed about gmail, but it took out the database program I use to track what colours I use when painting!

• Like 5

Like others have said, forums are very much so borked.  Formatting looks really really weird at 1440p, a ton of space is wasted, and even worse, whoever did changes made it stupidly bright!  If you're going to have eyeball zorching brightness can we PLEASE HAVE A DARK MODE!!!

I literally can't spend more than five minutes on the forums before I start getting a headache, and no, it isn't from the barely usable formatting.  @kit @Reaper_Jon can we please get the forum fixed so it's usable?  And also get a dark mode, or at least one that isn't so stupidly bright?

• Like 10

Will it let me reply?

Yes, apparently it will. Workaround on a mobile seems to be allow five or six lines of empty space before typing anything. 

I like that my Griffin avatar can be bigger and more impressive. That’s something. 

Has anybody figured out how to look at their notifications list? The button for it is missing. 

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

And also get a dark mode, or at least one that isn't so stupidly bright?

I have a dark mode on my phone. (?) Does your gadget lack that?  There’s two different ways I can make it dimmer (not that I typically want to) one is a slider bar the other is a button labeled Dark Mode On/Off. 

• Like 3

Interesting bit from yesterday. Lady C calls me out to the garage and is all upset. Seems that a small bird had gotten himself [herself?] trapped on a sticky pad we have for spiders, etc. Poor little guy was totally trapped so I took several minutes to get him loose as gently as I could but he still lost several feathers, so I am concerned about his ability to fly. I put him down and he was pretty rattled and hopped/tried to fly away from us. Well, today I am pretty sure I spotted him in our bushes, so I hope the little guy will make it.

• Like 13
23 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

indisputable.jpg.1f1e83437a3f2a5b32cc8fbb1b042e46.jpg

I think the PaPaSha should be higher but that's just me...

And I also got hit with the app issue on my phone. It sucks. I can't even open text messages, which almost screwed me at work. I got a text from my boss, just before I was going to clock in saying "I guess you didn't know you're suppose to be at (this location)?" I could see the preview but couldn't open it. Cue me calling him, looking up how to get there, and rushing out the door to hop a bus in less than five minutes. I uninstalled some because I kept getting pop ups of "this app has stopped working." Fingers crossed this gets worked out soon. Fun fact, all the cell phones at work are Android.

No, not a fan of the new look of the forums. No, sir, I don't like it.

In other news, I got five packages. The postal carrier put three of them in the parcel locker and just gave up and shoved two more in my mail box. I'm sure they could have fit the last two in with the rest but I don't blame them for giving up. At least I finally got my new shoes. And some more volumes of Komi Can't Communicate... :ph34r:

Today's Rule is:

006.jpg.a1a9529e7b40a283a2291514d2c6e3bd.jpg

• Like 9
2 hours ago, TGP said:

I have a dark mode on my phone. (?) Does your gadget lack that?  There’s two different ways I can make it dimmer (not that I typically want to) one is a slider bar the other is a button labeled Dark Mode On/Off. 

I don't like how my phone's dark mode works with the forums... and hated how my computer's worked even more. I want a dark mode that is designed for the forum.

Cell phone fix worked. Haven't had any problems since.

Got a slice of pizza for lunch. Was tasty. Nice long walk too. Currently Hamsterling is again asleep. He enjoyed the walk, but it clearly tired him out too.

I really hope they fix the forum soon.

COFFEE!!

• Like 9