Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

I'm feeling worlds better today. I realized probably way too late in the day that it was mostly a migraine causing things. Not 100% but better. I'm still very tired though.

I painted yesterday. Want to go paint more but want to feel a little more up to things before I do. I did get to make some hobby orders the last couple of days though. Ordered some art supplies from the art supply place I like. Ordered some Rosemary&Co. brushes, I'll get those some day(last order took over a month to get to me). Got my small amount of DC'd paints I was able to find on Miniature Market. Made a Reaper order that's on it's way here. Annnd probably other stuff I have forgotten at this point.

• Like 12

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Oof. Last night, when we got home from our rifts game, Sephy was asleep on the couch (not unusual). She was snoring pretty loud and when I went to move her to bed it became apparent that she was actually wheezing really badly. She sounded awful. 

So we had a nice, panic fueled jaunt to the ER at midnight. The nice thing about the ER here is that it’s not usually very busy in the middle of the night, so Sephy was treated pretty quickly. They gave her a steroid to bring down the inflammation and an inhaled empinephrine treatment to bring down the swelling in her throat. It worked very quickly, to our great relief.

Croup is scary.

Does it have hookups for a washer/dryer unit? Not having had an in home washer/dryer this last year, I’d advise you to keep looking. The laundry only gets worse as they get bigger. :zombie:

im glad she was okay, Croup is  one ailment I'm glad to have missed out on.  colic was bad enough, and one  of the main reasons my spawn have a 5 year age gap 

--

Spent the weekend "Fixing" the toliet.  I hate plumbing,  I did construction for Habitat For Humanity,  for several years and learned site-prep to punch-list in construction but we left plumbing and electrical to professionals.  What do I do as a homeowner? 

plumbing and electrical repairs. 

• Like 11

14 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

This guy is living the dream when it comes to raised bed gardening.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5DDs1AQsDk

Oh yeah, that guy's awesome! We've watched a lot of his videos and learned a lot before we even started our project. We'd strongly considered going with the pre-fab beds he uses, but MrBoot determined that even with lumber being so crazy expensive right now, our self-built option is still cheaper overall. 

I'm just looking forward to when we can finally put plants in the ground. Most have already arrived, before we were quite ready for them, which means we have miniature plant forests populating the garage, the downstairs bedroom, and the living room windowsills. Luckily most of them are just baby sproutlings, but it's still not a good permanent solution lol. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Oh yeah, that guy's awesome! We've watched a lot of his videos and learned a lot before we even started our project. We'd strongly considered going with the pre-fab beds he uses, but MrBoot determined that even with lumber being so crazy expensive right now, our self-built option is still cheaper overall. 

I'm just looking forward to when we can finally put plants in the ground. Most have already arrived, before we were quite ready for them, which means we have miniature plant forests populating the garage, the downstairs bedroom, and the living room windowsills. Luckily most of them are just baby sproutlings, but it's still not a good permanent solution lol. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

You might want to do something to you the humidity in your house while you have all those baby plants inside. Outside plants usually die inside because it’s so dang dry indoors.

Does anyone know the official name for the space filler that you put in your window above the ac unit? My apartment complex requires us to have a clear one, just says I can get them at the hardware store, but the folks at the hardware store look at me like I’m crazy when I describe what I want. And the internet is no help at all.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

You might want to do something to you the humidity in your house while you have all those baby plants inside. Outside plants usually die inside because it’s so dang dry indoors.

Does anyone know the official name for the space filler that you put in your window above the ac unit? My apartment complex requires us to have a clear one, just says I can get them at the hardware store, but the folks at the hardware store look at me like I’m crazy when I describe what I want. And the internet is no help at all.

Being the slightly crusty old curmudgeon that I am I would impress upon the manager the inability of the hardware store people to supply such an item because all of the materials available for this purpose are accordion fold opaque materials.

Therefore, if they are going to insist on a clear one, they are either going to have to supply you with the manufacturer and part number information for an item meeting their specifications, or, the actual filler piece in a clear material.

This is a "show me" situation where I wouldn't expend any further effort until the apartment manager shows you installations in the building meeting this "requirement".  I have never in my entire life seen such an installation where the filler panel was made out of a transparent material.  It is usually an opaque plastic engineered as either sliding panels or accordion fold to fill the gap and the fill piece usually butts up against framing pieces to make for a more secure installation.

Should the apartment manager be unwilling to accommodate you by supplying the information or materials to meet their specification, which they obviously know since they are insisting on an item meeting this specification, then your lawyer should  request the information in a Louder Voice by way of a letter on official letterhead.

If the manager can't supply either the filler panel in a material meeting their specification or where to obtain such a panel then their "demand" is unreasonable on its face.  It is additionally unreasonable in that a clear panel [unreasonably] removes all privacy from the room where the unit is installed, because you can't have drapes or other window coverings blocking the AC Unit.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The laundry only gets worse as they get bigger. :zombie:

So true even when they are 18 & 23!! :poke:

At least they can help out with it thou.:lol:

Just read the Evergiven is free!! At least it will be today.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, haldir said:

WOOF denies any involvement with W.O.L.F. we never heard of these rebels!

WOOF also denies that our leaders like pink plushies.

***WHO leaked that picture of General Brutus?***

20210212_111741 - kopie.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

44 minutes ago, haldir said:

So true even when they are 18 & 23!! :poke:

At least they can help out with it thou.:lol:

Just read the Evergiven is free!! At least it will be today.

There is a spring tide running today.  It is projected to put an additional 18" of water under the keel, which will hopefully be enough to float the ship enough for the available tugs to completely free it from its current position.

I sincerely hope that it works.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Wound up not submitting anything for first quarter of Reaper Challenge League, and I'm perfectly alright with this.  Haven't been able to sit for long at my painting desk the past few days, but progress on a mini is still progress, even if I didn't get to put it in before the Q1 closure for the raffles. 

Eh, you win some, you lose some, others come out in a draw...  So long as nobody was injured or died, I'm calling it good either way. 

Now it's just the scary to me bits left, oof (aka skin and especially face) 

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, TGP said:

There’s a video showing up on Twitter that shows the bows clear of the East bank with tugs dragging the ship sideways toward the center of the channel. 

TV news is saying it is still blocked. 
Somebody —not sure who— has been putting out the phrase “partially refloated” which is IMO, meaningless. 

It was partly afloat at the moment it rammed the bank 6 days ago. It has been partially floating the whole time. 

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Wow, Microsoft... You guys are ridiculous.

Seriously.

I just spent the better part of two days trying to get back into my email after they said they blocked it for suspicious activity. I tried multiple times to recover the account.

Then, this morning, when the login told me either the account name or password were in correct, I just hit the Forgot Password? thing and changed my password. Despite the account supposedly being blocked.

Now that I changed my password, I can get in again.

Does this seem stupid to anybody else?

At this point, I'm more annoyed that they won't let me change my password back to what I wanted it to be... because that would be unsafe.

Not at all...

• Haha 5