Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Plans for my weekend:

Watch some anime

Do some cleaning

Start actually applying for a new job

I gave them until the end of the month to resolve the problem with my coworker. He has a meeting tomorrow. People are blaming me for his actions. Time to say goodbye. I've been there since July 2007. <_<

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad March is over. It's been such a roller coaster.

I'm slowly getting it in my brain that I literally didn't have arms for like a year and a half, so I need to take my time with physical therapy haha. Like last year, I don't think I'll be making many minis this year.

But my love has been incredibly helpful with helping me find projects I can do! He helps me cut out fabric so I can sew. I'm also able to help in the shop, so I guess that's making more minis than I could have made by myself! :lol:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

I'm slowly getting it in my brain that I literally didn't have arms for like a year and a half, so I need to take my time with physical therapy haha. Like last year, I don't think I'll be making many minis this year.

But my love has been incredibly helpful with helping me find projects I can do! He helps me cut out fabric so I can sew. I'm also able to help in the shop, so I guess that's making more minis than I could have made by myself! 

Yes, physical therapy takes time, and is always best when it isn't rushed. I have plenty of experience. Let the body heal at its pace. You can always use the time to think up ideas for all the minis you want to create when you are 100%! Maybe think of a few mighties (mighty = very large mini, just coined the term) you could do for yourself with clay before you are fully 100% (provided PT and doctors allow it)?

Been a busy day, between phone calls with banks and physical trips to deal with problems. The greed of banks with their service charges knows no boundary. And now Dixie is ill, boaked in the sunroom and having some other intestinal issues. Poor baby. Molly had a vomit issue a couple days ago, but that was all. Been racking my brain to think if there is something that they both could have gotten into in the house or yard, or if one got something and passed it to the other. Hopefully no visit to the vet tomorrow, but we'll see what the rest of the day brings.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like 11

New technique for dealing with spam callers who want to be all friendly:

"Hello, sir, how are you today?"

"You tell me what you want and then I'll tell you how I am."

-

Consistently derails them as their script book doesn't have a page for dealing with that response.

GEM

And yes I am in an ill tempered mood for various reasons, mostly involving incompetent medical front office staff and broccoli phone systems.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Tentacles, so many Tentacles
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Am I having a good day? Hm. Unmotivated by work, bored with the entire “job” thing, but cannot imagine trying to get a new one. It’s my “job fairy” problem. Job fairy appears and grants me any job I want, as long as it is an actual job. Nothing comes to mind

But, that said, it’s a beautiful day out, mildly warm and sunny. I am able to enjoy the weather, being here with my loved ones, am well fed, and healthy. 

Yes. Today is a good day. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

But my love has been incredibly helpful with helping me find projects I can do! He helps me cut out fabric so I can sew. I'm also able to help in the shop, so I guess that's making more minis than I could have made by myself! :lol:

As mentioned, try working on larger-scale figures - get some modeling clay, perhaps, and start doing foot-tall statues.

Also, check your local Goodwill and Thrift stores - there's usually quite a few plastic statues and knick-knacks available to repaint there...

When I first made the switch from my old Testors hobby enamels to acrylic paints, a lot of my first paints were stuff left over from my mom's ceramics painting hobby. Two-foot-tall ceramic figures are a lot more forgiving of limited mobility and dexterity than two-inch-tall minis, lol.

• Like 11

I’d like to place an order with the Body Shoppe for a body without a compromised immune system. This constantly being sick crap has got to stop. 

On the other hand, I spent all day with my family. 

On the other other hand, I’m a cranky witch today, so it wasn’t great.

• Sad 18

6 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Plans for my weekend:

Watch some anime

Do some cleaning

Start actually applying for a new job

Good luck!!

hre7tyh79ythvfqgh.jpg.e349c7760ce731bbde27c92c35f0f44a.jpg

Hypothetically speaking, I might be guilty of doing this.

Equally hypothetically, it might have been kids instead of pets.

• Haha 16

23 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

And I just snorted the fizzy juice right out of my nose... again...

Oh that was a good laugh. Thank you, I needed that, especially after logging in to get tax forms from places only to find out that the banks that handle accounts you rarely check (because you haven't needed to since the previous year) have been charging monthly fees without informing you.

So thank you Kuroneko, and Kurogane!

I was going to say that I hoped that you were feeling better today, then I read about your poor doggies. Hope the vet can figure out what's wrong with them.

For anyone who needs a bit of fuzz therapy, here's an article on a whole bunch of M.E.O.W and W.O.O.F agents that found their forever homes last month :wub:

https://www.boredpanda.com/adopted-rescued-pets-march/?cexp_id=38283&cexp_var=35&_f=featured&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2