Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s treasure under this here couch.

2673ABC7-52AA-4F30-9AF1-074E0DB0B3EA.thumb.jpeg.d2dbd67826b2b636081e47e5ad896d8c.jpeg

They’re full of chocolate!

597F5B11-FB0F-4C9D-923F-B984E6FB2F51.thumb.jpeg.72351e44335a2bf5b68eada8185b7af6.jpeg

Getting rid of the useless shell

675A97B5-05B5-4F94-895F-B234B5D4C124.thumb.jpeg.e723cd973315efa98c708e4167e9c797.jpeg

The aftermath

BAE30DED-3CB6-4A8A-89C0-79380F0ED376.thumb.jpeg.8c446310cdc61a45ea20bab290cc3a31.jpeg

The very first egg she dropped in her bucket cracked open and exploded with chocolates, so after that she had to open and empty every egg she picked up. She had a lot of fun and was so cute looking for and collecting her candy.

• Like 15
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I took another step towards getting my online shop set up. I ordered packaging and paper materials. In-laws are giving us their old printer which I'm hoping works with our stuff because it's super nice and will print much cleaner and faster than ours we have now.

I still need to finish figuring out business licensing stuff but I want to be ready to ship as soon as I get first sale. Also, should probably do some more organizing before I get said stuff so I have a place to put it...

That's awesome!! :wub: You're welcome to PM me (either place is fine, but I'll respond faster on Discord) if you are looking for any pointers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 8:59 AM, CaptainPete said:

I found a decent price on some Chessex hard plastic storage things and they're... Okay, I guess. I think they would work better with either older, slightly smaller minis or minis without bases. The smallest one is the best, in my opinion. It's actually perfect for a Frostgrave/Ghost Archipelago crew. Currently debating about buying another one for Stargrave.

Yeah, the Chessex containers definitely work better with the older figures... A lot of the figures waving swords around or with raised staves don't really fit well in either the horizontal or vertical positions. And larger monsters don't fit well at all - especially if they have wings.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Getting rid of the useless shell

One day hopefully you'll teach her that nothing is useless in the miniature hobby; that egg shell can be salvaged to make large cauldrons!

15 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:
On 4/3/2021 at 8:59 AM, CaptainPete said:

I found a decent price on some Chessex hard plastic storage things and they're... Okay, I guess. I think they would work better with either older, slightly smaller minis or minis without bases. The smallest one is the best, in my opinion. It's actually perfect for a Frostgrave/Ghost Archipelago crew. Currently debating about buying another one for Stargrave.

Yeah, the Chessex containers definitely work better with the older figures... A lot of the figures waving swords around or with raised staves don't really fit well in either the horizontal or vertical positions. And larger monsters don't fit well at all - especially if they have wings.

I only have one case by Chessex (the small one that you can cut the foam to fit for a small RPG party) and I always found that the lid never closed properly if you use anything larger than 25mm/1 inch bases. Which was a problem because I started using 30mm bases. Are the larger cases deeper, or are they all the same depth?

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

One day hopefully you'll teach her that nothing is useless in the miniature hobby; that egg shell can be salvaged to make large cauldrons!

Forget cauldrons. Those are spaceship nose cones for Stargrave!

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

afbeelding.png.a61d7495c6be7cec08e1ee1c72bc60d9.png

I don't get the joke. I don't see any Chinese anything in the image, the butterfly is a North American Monarch, the landscape could be anywhere, I have heard of the butterfly effect but not how that would connect to China . . .

Edited by TGP
Stupid post merging default is stupid.
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I only have one case by Chessex (the small one that you can cut the foam to fit for a small RPG party) and I always found that the lid never closed properly if you use anything larger than 25mm/1 inch bases. Which was a problem because I started using 30mm bases. Are the larger cases deeper, or are they all the same depth?

With the exception of the small RPG party one you have, they're all the same size. The layout of the foam inside is what's different. I believe the depth on all of them is the same, though. (I'm not certain about that, I don't have the small one. I have examples of all the other types, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Forget cauldrons. Those are spaceship nose cones for Stargrave!

I don't get the joke. I don't see any Chinese anything in the image, the butterfly is a North American Monarch, the landscape could be anywhere, I have heard of the butterfly effect but not how that would connect to China . . .

Pretty sure it's a reference to "when  a butterfly flaps it's wings, it causes a hurricane on the other side of the world".  Or something along those lines.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Wishing you all a Happy Easter!

GEM

I might have had eggs and milk for breakfast OK, second breakfast.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f8b94b5274bdbd5dcbf32af01167fecb.png

This pic would be is more fun to put in a spoiler tag, but I can't find a way to do a spoiler tag. TY Megan

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

oddly tangent reference to this I think https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The Easter Bunny gave BD her first kite

I never flew a kite before. It's a lot more relaxing than I expected.

3 hours ago, TGP said:

s pic would be more fun to put in a spoiler tag, but I can't find a way to do a spoiler tag.

It's the eyball icon.

WhicH does not show up on the mobile/tablet version of the site.

I do not like the changes to the site.

They make me want to go on a rant.

• Like 9

On 3/30/2021 at 2:53 PM, Pegazus said:

Realized I have more cans of coffee than bottles of beer in the fridge. I really am not that big on coffee, but what does those quantities say about my relationship with the other?

Not sure how I feel about that.

I just assumed you were getting ready for a visit from @Crowley

:lol:

On 4/3/2021 at 7:59 AM, CaptainPete said:

My containers arrived and some are now full. I may have ordered more minis...:ph34r:

the Chessex cases are just Flambeau V series boxes with custom foam and color.   I buy the cases direct from Flambeau and my own foam and cut my foam to fit my figures.  My cutting of the foam looks a little rough, but it works, and I can get the case/foam for about 2/5ths the cost of the Chessex case. 

The V501 case is a medium sized case that is right between the V401 (the Chessex small) and the V701 (the Chessex Large) which I find great for the standard force size of many games. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TGP said:

That's the whole idea of the Chaos Theory, a minor event, ( like this wolf meeting a butterfly) can cause a major effect somewhere else.

In this case China was mentioned, could be anything else..

• Like 3