Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

28 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huh. Well, the Red Cross just emailed me my blood type, and I was a bit surprised at the result, since it's one of the high-demand ones.

I then realized that this means that they are probably going to call me every two months for the rest of forever asking me to donate. :lol: :wacko:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Red Cross from now on:

image.png.544f2f113ed973af7dfe311920ffb7bb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

54 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huh. Well, the Red Cross just emailed me my blood type, and I was a bit surprised at the result, since it's one of the high-demand ones.

I then realized that this means that they are probably going to call me every two months for the rest of forever asking me to donate. :lol: :wacko:

Huzzah! 

Yes.  Yes they will.  They still call for my son, he's O+.  But he's also working nights stocking shelves so I think he won't be donating for a while.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

I'm probably in that high demand bracket too, but Canadian Blood Services still clings on to rules and regulations from the 1980's, and even though it's recently been changed to just three months...  Me saying any more on that front is probably buzzy territory though, so yeah.  Sucks though, I've wanted to donate my entire life.

• Like 9

We're trying out Everyplate at the suggestion of my MIL. She hasn't tried it but wants us to do it first. It would probably be about equivalent to groceries. And they deliver out here! I assume they use UPS or FedEx or something like that.

Painting is going slow. Have to double back and redo some stuff I ended up not liking.

• Like 8

Huzzah! 

Absolutely.  I eventually switched numbers  :poke:

(I switched to my work provided phone, but they were still calling regularly until then).

And while mine is "rare" (AB-) I don't think it is in that high a demand.....

• Like 6

Huzzah! 

They call me and I'm just A+ (second most common).  They call everyone.  We got rid of the home phone though, so they just send us mail now as they didn't have our cell phones.

• Like 8

Morning All.

Today being Memorial Day please take a moment to remember the sacrifice of all the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and those who tended to the wounded in all wars everywhere.

And please don't forget to give a thank you to those o the front-lines of the efforts to deal with this nasty virus that has turned the world on its head.

GEM

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Every two months? Ha! Try once a week - the people who man the phones don't necessarily have any information on when you last donated...

I get hit with email every two days, and somebody calls me at least once every two weeks. :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Every two months? Ha! Try once a week - the people who man the phones don't necessarily have any information on when you last donated...

I get hit with email every two days, and somebody calls me at least once every two weeks. :rolleyes:

All I get is my annual 'please dont even try' notification...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 5

Normally I give blood often enough at work that I can avoid the phone calls.

Except work is not in session and I keep getting the phone calls. The local blood bank only has morning appointments and I'm not dragging my second shifted arse out of bed at any AM hour just to give blood. Mornings give me migraines.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

It's been awhile since I've had any blood drawn but I think I'm O-. Yah, I don't need unwanted phone calls/emails more then the normal ones.

Off to wrangle the lawn, I may not return the same.............

• Like 9

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Yes.  Yes they will.  They still call for my son, he's O+.  But he's also working nights stocking shelves so I think he won't be donating for a while.  

Nods sagely. 

I have made one giant contact out of the dozens of phone numbers they call from.

Thus, I know it is them.

• Like 7