Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

I have only been awake for about an hour....... this day has to get better...... and yet..... it will not...

The wife and I got a new bed. Brought the frame home last Saturday, new king size bed, we had a queen. New mattress arrives yesterday, we used the old queen on the new frame till then. we made the bed last night after I got home from work. The wife bought the mattress because it says it is good for bad backs. we slipped in to bed with the new sheets.......... mattress is like a cloud and the sheets........ well it was so comfy I did not want to get out of bed this morning. Yes my back still hurt from last night, but it is managable, same with the knee pain. anyways. because I was lazy, getting the youngest out of bed and on her way to school, was late, so she was late to school. I went out to start the truck started backing out of the garage and there was a new bucket in the line of buckets between the doors.... this bucket is full of sticks and what not....  it is also NOT in line with the others.... I backed into it... no big deal I will pull forward and back out again. .... Keep in mind I have had no coffee and am in a little bit of discomfort, also the dachshund, who has to have his morning rides, He is the mostly blind and deaf one, was sitting next to me, when I broke the passenger's side mirror....... Now it does still work, but it has helped set the tone for the day... although as I have written this, I have looked up the Firefly theme song extended version on youtube..... it has both calmed me and made me even more upset..... unless you are a Browncoat, you will not understand...... 

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BLACK.........

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The tentacles may have given it away, yes.

Speaking of - why does Megan have a winged mind flayer on her side of the desk?

And where did she get it?

The Auld Grump

Bite the Bullet.

• Like 6

I've been up since 7.30 and have had a productive day so far. Went out for an early walk(brrrr, -2C), went shopping, did a wee bit of painting and then dug out some base rolling pins and made a bunch of sculpey bases whilst the Avengers played in the background. My hands are now as itchy as anything, but I'm extremely happy with what I accomplished :)

IMG_20210406_161239998.thumb.jpg.21e14f268066ee7b18804af15e83dd5e.jpg

Mmm, fresh out the oven ^_^ 

• Like 20

It's about as lovely a spring day as you can imagine (about 80F), except for the police and fire truck sirens going off in the near distance.  Someone is having a bad day, but it's not me.  I'm about to go out and clean out my car of the accumulated debris of winter, maybe even vacuum a little, then fuel it up for the day ahead.  Have to drive downtown for dose #2, but first sustenance for our furry masters must be acquired in great quantity.  Sick kitty is looking much better today after her visit with the vet yesterday.  Nothing seriously wrong, but signs of inflammation or infection so she was given some medications.   If I am not feeling like death warmed over tonight and tomorrow I would like to paint. 

@Colonel Kane hope the new mattress makes you feel better soon. 

• Like 15

Have I mentioned I am stupidly excited for my business cards and return address labels?

If not, I am stupidly excited for them. I bought a customized stamp with a rough approximation of my signature to stamp the back of the cards. I thought about just signing them all buuut this seemed more fun. And apparently was only like 20$ for the stamp and ink pad so I couldn't pass it up.

• Like 13

Huh. Page 900. At what point do we break the forums? :upside:

Still trying to figure out how to make an appointment to get my vaccine. The system... Annoys me. And work is trying to drive me bonkers. Which isn't exactly new.

I suppose you want a picture?

1234744349973.png.b640dfe6a0ee6640a1a28a89d05af7de.png

• Haha 10
14 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Huh. Page 900. At what point do we break the forums? :upside:

At 1000 pages is usually where the line is drawn and a new Randomness appears. 

• Like 9
9 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I am no longer besieged by chocolate bunnies. 

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

BUUUURRP!

...you're welcome.

*looks around at the melted smears of chocolate shavings everywhere* IT'S A MASSACRE!

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Dogs don't hold a grudge that long . . . cats maybe, but not dogs.

Cats hold grudges before they even meet you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Woke up at about 3:30 this morning. It's now 6:30.

I've been doing research into business stuff for about an hour and have gotten no further than where I started. I have to call the city sometime soon (hopefully sooner than soonTM) to figure out if I need some permits/special city licenses. I am in an unincorporated area of town so I'm not sure I actually do. It's pretty important that I figure out because it's about another $200 if I do need them.

I should also probably paint today. Or at least get upstairs and organize broccoli. I need to make myself a packing area, print some business cards and address labels, and general cleaning.

TLDR: Lots to do today, not enough sleep.

If you're in an unincorporated area the city has no jurisdiction.  You need to be talking to the county level offices.  You probably also need to applying to the state for a business license that will allow you to buy wholesale without paying sales tax on items you will be using for resale or as part of something used for resale.  This also gives you an "account" where your sales in state [and via internet if that is the statute for your jurisdiction] get proper accounting for any sales tax you are required to remit.

Something you may find useful is a trip to the stationary store to check out the Dome bookkeeping publications.  When I was actively in business these pre-formatted accounting books were a big help in keeping track of everything that had to be accounted for come tax time.  They will have things set up so that you can easily track items you didn't even know were going to be important when starting out.

Good Luck.  PM me if you have any questions.

GEM

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

All caught up from my Internet-less Easter (My old computer decided it would no longer charge up and I had to panic buy a new one before it's few remaining minutes of run time ran out).

I didn't realise a new Chromebook automatically fills itself with everything you had on the old one, it's convenient but rather creepy.

• Like 12

I think everyone should post pictures of their cats. So that there will at least be something redeeming about today. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Loim said:

I think everyone should post pictures of their cats. So that there will at least be something redeeming about today. 

Not a cat but how about a bunny?

20210311_080958.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2