Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

:bday: We have closed Escrow! :bday:

Got an email an hour ago that our loan funded, and just received a confirmation call from our loan officer.

Next question:  "Where's our keys?"

Now for the hard part, actually moving.

GEM

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

All caught up from my Internet-less Easter (My old computer decided it would no longer charge up and I had to panic buy a new one before it's few remaining minutes of run time ran out).

I didn't realise a new Chromebook automatically fills itself with everything you had on the old one, it's convenient but rather creepy.

It's all part of Skynet's plan.

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

:bday: We have closed Escrow! :bday:

Got an email an hour ago that our loan funded, and just received a confirmation call from our loan officer.

Next question:  "Where's our keys?"

Now for the hard part, actually moving.

GEM

Congratulations!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
On 4/5/2021 at 12:17 PM, CaptainPete said:

I've been ripping out the things between the slots, turning two into one long one for minis with spears, staves, etc.

Same here - I've been using mine to store my Ral Partha official AD&D minis, so I often cut out the foam inbetween the spaces to fit particular figures. I have a number of the box sets that I don't currently have the actual boxes for, and the 14-figure case is usually about the right size to hold the ten or twelve figures that came in a box, with a few modifications.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, Colonel Kane said:

I like the games where there is a story, but I can do and do what I want when I want to. basically causing chaos, death and destruction all over the map. I have been playing gta v for a while, but I have explored all of the map and pretty much only thing left to do to is to keep going on the story, which I can see a possible path and it is not pretty....  anyways.... I am now just rambling away. 

The Elder Scrolls games (Oblivion, Skyrim) are good for that, if you like fantasy... You can spend months just wandering around the map doing side quests and killing things without having to advance the story much. Rampaging through the streets has consequences, but there are ways to get around that. And you can do fun stuff like knock over furniture, throw plates at people, and strip the corpses and drag them into silly poses. I once managed to drag a dead guy upright into a handstand.

I also once spent a few weeks reverse-pickpocketing green hoods onto literally every person in the Imperial City, lol.

The Plague of Hats...

Spoiler

In-progress shot..

1501275869_PlagueOfHats.JPG.f5970f9c53d7b8e85a59b5593359ed7c.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's all part of Skynet's plan.

Congratulations!!

Thanks.

Found out who the "Keeper of The Keys"is and she will be in custody of our house-keys until we do the initial walkthrough.

Unfortunately, with Cathy having a broken arm she isn't up to traveling until at least the middle of the month.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Sad 12
1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Thanks.

Found out who the "Keeper of The Keys"is and she will be in custody of our house-keys until we do the initial walkthrough.

Unfortunately, with Cathy having a broken arm she isn't up to traveling until at least the middle of the month.

GEM

At least your one step closer.

Just came in from gloss spraying some of my daughter's cosplay pieces. I'm surprised I'm typing as good as I am, as my right hand has a nitrile glove on it. I need to move onto the next step in a model so I'll be going back out there to spray that. Found a awesome primer from Krylon the other day! Krylon Automotive 2in1 primer (filler/sandable). It has the Danvern spray nozzle that is commonly found on Dupicolor cans. Nice is this primer sprays just as good as Dupi & is almost half the cost of Dupi.

I do like Dupi's color as this one is a darker shade of grey.

Annoying the model I'm working on (Dom's'71 Plymouth GTX) thou, cool they've add a sprue of parts to an existing model to make it his movie car from the FnF movies. Bad they didn't bother updating the tail panel. It's totally different then what is in the kit. Even more annoying, primed the wheels yesterday & 1 wheel has a totally different pattern on it!?!?! WTFLUFF?!?!? There are some other problems but overall it is a nice kit & hopefully the almost all black paintjob will cover up the miscues in it. I'll probably install that funky wheel on the passenger-rear side.

• Like 9
15 hours ago, TGP said:

If you wrote a desk reference that covered every. last. use. case. you would be dispensable. Your goal is to be indispensable.

Just put a date on it. And under the date label it Revision 1.

Make that info part of the page header so that it is tagged on every page.

Six months from now, do revision 2.

They will change and update the software periodically. You will be indispensable.

While I can certainly see the wisdom in that, I've been on the receiving end of FAR too many people doing exactly that, then leaving the company, taking all their institutional knowledge with them. 

I had to spend a solid 2.5 months learning how a fairly intricate program worked essentially on my own because none of the half-dozen people who had used it previously did more than scribble down a few cryptic notes. I've now not only become kind of the local expert of it, but I've also created a very detailed desk reference of how to do what I do, because I don't want anyone else to have to go through what I did. 

Maybe not the best option for everyone, but it works for me. *shrug*

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 12