Jump to content

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

Not sure why, but I seem to magically spend twice what I intend on when I go into the hobby store... Or airbrush store. 

 

This time though, I spent like $22 less than I thought I was going to...  Was moderately hard to be good though, so many wonderful colours on the shelf... 

 

Wicked paints has a gorgeous orange as well as Purple... 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Completely unconnected, I need an excuse for a sexy potion selling witch in the Eberron game. ::D:

 

One that started as a tavern wench, who knows how to get tips. ::P:

 

It's POSSIBLE I just printed a mini for that.

 

She's even got the pointy hat and the low cut bodice.

 

 Well, that's easy... She started out as the tavern wench, who knew a few of her old Granny's hangover cures, but then people found out that she's also got cures and preventatives for certain social diseases and other ailments, and maybe might even know a love potion or two, if you've got the gold. So now she's the local apothecary's business partner, and runs the counter at his shop.

Of course, in the course of curing all of society's ills, she's also become one of the best sources of information and rumors in the city, and also has a long list of people who owe her favors or don't want their secrets to get out. And maybe she needs the party to do her a favor, in exchange for not letting anyone else know whatever it was that the party just did that they don't want to get caught for.

Perhaps she called in a favor from someone who called in a favor from someone who had the juice to get the party to go do something on her behalf.

 

 Incidentally, I once had a party member come down with a very unpleasant-looking disease, and then find out that the person they had to go to to get a remedy was the one who had dosed them with the illness in the first place to blackmail them.

 

 

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pegazus said:


An ejection mechanism. Spit the card out into the bay! 

Make it of the same variety they put into single board computers, but strong enough to do the same effect.  Then have a hot wheels track below to catch the card, motion capturing devices, and a robotic aiming device...  And a short little theme song that plays too.  Bonus points if it's a super cheesy kind of mini song. 

 

Then, when it shoots the card out after the song, it goes down a track, goes up, does a loop de loop while the robotics aim the end of the track at their forehead...  Card goes thunk into their forehead relatively gently and a variety of sounds clips done in '80's cartoon villain voicing plays a reminded about not forgetting your card in the machine. 

  • Haha 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Make it of the same variety they put into single board computers, but strong enough to do the same effect.  Then have a hot wheels track below to catch the card, motion capturing devices, and a robotic aiming device...  And a short little theme song that plays too.  Bonus points if it's a super cheesy kind of mini song. 

 

Then, when it shoots the card out after the song, it goes down a track, goes up, does a loop de loop while the robotics aim the end of the track at their forehead...  Card goes thunk into their forehead relatively gently and a variety of sounds clips done in '80's cartoon villain voicing plays a reminded about not forgetting your card in the machine. 

You win today's Rube Goldberg Award for the interwebs and are now qualified for the next monthly competition.

GEM

  • Haha 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pegazus said:


An ejection mechanism. Spit the card out into the bay! 

Not an entirely ridiculous suggestion. It only needs to move the card enough to not be read again...

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dose of Timeline Trivia for April 8th:

  • 1271 – In Syria, sultan Baibars conquered the Krak des Chevaliers, a Crusader castle and one of the most important preserved medieval castles in the world.

  • 1820 – The Venus de Milo was discovered on the Aegean island of Milos.

  • 1911 – Dutch physicist Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovered superconductivity.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Not sure why, but I seem to magically spend twice what I intend on when I go into the hobby store... Or airbrush store. 

 

This time though, I spent like $22 less than I thought I was going to...  Was moderately hard to be good though, so many wonderful colours on the shelf... 

 

Wicked paints has a gorgeous orange as well as Purple... 

I'm a fan of their Candy colors too.  Super clear strong colors.  Not great for miniatures, but good for other stuff.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last nights Bounty Board game proved something to me: If you want the players to investigate something, have someone try to stop them.

 

The PCs had been told that the princess was captured by a hill giant, who killed all but one of her guards.

 

The guard tried to prevent them from seeing the bodies...

 

Turns out that while some of the guards had been squashed, most were electrocuted.

 

Then the PCs learned that the princess is a witch, and knows lightning bolt.

 

The giant wasn't kidnapping her, her own guards were trying to kidnap her.

 

Now he is carrying her around, to keep her safe, and she is bored out of her skull.

  • Like 12
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Last nights Bounty Board game proved something to me: If you want the players to investigate something, have someone try to stop them.

 

The PCs had been told that the princess was captured by a hill giant, who killed all but one of her guards.

 

The guard tried to prevent them from seeing the bodies...

 

Turns out that while some of the guards had been squashed, most were electrocuted.

 

Then the PCs learned that the princess is a witch, and knows lightning bolt.

 

The giant wasn't kidnapping her, her own guards were trying to kidnap her.

 

Now he is carrying her around, to keep her safe, and she is bored out of her skull.

I like the idea of this princess and may steal her for something of my own. But give her a Jersey accent. ::P:

 

1398607290866.thumb.jpg.993a9f903081cb5d747e94780c8787a0.jpg

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

I'm a fan of their Candy colors too.  Super clear strong colors.  Not great for miniatures, but good for other stuff.

They have some rather nice looking colours, especially their pearls.  I had originally more or less ignored their stuff...  Until Barbados Rex did a video on them, and I'm also now customizing gunpla, which means a lot of those various colours they have are suddenly very, very useful.. 

 

I'll be trying them out on terrain first though, because I wanted nice, colourful, vivid colours for this terrain.. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our dishwasher is booked. This is a fairly new dishwasher. We got it in the last 2 years but it is out of warranty. A couple days ago it did not drain all the water out. So I figure clogged filter. Pull out the filter to see if it will drain. No dice. Have done like a million things since then and now we're going the route of cleaning the sink drains. If this doesn't work I dunno what we're going to do. I'm very frustrated and headachy. 

 

In other news, we have appointments for getting our first vaccine doses! I've never looked forward to having a medical needle stuck in me. 

  • Sad 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...