Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Our dishwasher is booked. This is a fairly new dishwasher. We got it in the last 2 years but it is out of warranty. A couple days ago it did not drain all the water out. So I figure clogged filter. Pull out the filter to see if it will drain. No dice. Have done like a million things since then and now we're going the route of cleaning the sink drains. If this doesn't work I dunno what we're going to do. I'm very frustrated and headachy. 

We had that problem with our 5-year old dishwasher a few weeks ago, turned out that the impeller for the drain pump was blocked with something. In our case it was a matter of pulling out the cover (hidden under the filter) and turning the impeller manually to free it.

Other than that we've also had it happen due to a kinked drain hose...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Our dishwasher is booked. This is a fairly new dishwasher. We got it in the last 2 years but it is out of warranty. A couple days ago it did not drain all the water out. So I figure clogged filter. Pull out the filter to see if it will drain. No dice. Have done like a million things since then and now we're going the route of cleaning the sink drains. If this doesn't work I dunno what we're going to do. I'm very frustrated and headachy. 

My dishwasher NEVER has that problem.

Grumpy, could you do the dishes for me?  :devil:

In other news, we have appointments for getting our first vaccine doses! I've never looked forward to having a medical needle stuck in me. 

I get my first shot the day before Grump gets his second.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11

Last night's game at the FLGS was good, short but a good time. We only had 4 people (suppose to be 5, but some reason 5th didn't show up). Best moment for me was the battle with the final boss of the night. It was an awakened owlbear that could breathe a cone of cold breath. It sprayed us & as a reaction I casted absorb elements which meant I got to take 1/2 damage or none if I made my save + I got to store some of that energy as a D6.

My artificer gnome rushed up to the owlbear, casted inflict wounds (a special ability from a feat for him) did 28 out of 3d10 damage + the d6 cold damage of 2 for a total of 32 pts! Afterwards bonus action casted Sanctuary & got the hell away from the beast!

All in all a great round for me. I was doing quite well in that final battle or at least Dookie, my steel defender squirrel was. He'd make the saves vs the breath weapon, he'd help out others by imposing disadvantage on attacks & was hitting & doing great damage with high d8 rolls.

All in all, I'm having fun just being a player for the games ran at the store. I guess with my home game, I can live without being the DM.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Buzzer went off.  I was surprised by this, but figured sure, why not find out who it is. 

Through buzzer, first try: "It's your son" 

Thinking I had heard this wrong, I said say again.  The reply was a slower, louder (to be more picked up over the traffic) "Amazon". 

I was a very confused fox for a moment there, because the delivery driver sounded (and looked) my age! 

Parents sent a gift through Amazon, I now have a photo booth!  I suspect they also sent something through CanadaPost because I had two delivery slips in my mailbox today, and was only expecting one.  Wonder what surprises will be waiting for me at the post office... 

• Like 17

Overcast, with clouds and rain, a good day.

It appears that the local creatures still view my South window as a kind of drive thru as a young cardinal has been banging into it around 8-9am the last few days. He isn't flying into it, trying to take out his reflection, I saw today that he perches on the sill and deliberately pecks the glass once as hard as he can. Which of course gets me to peer through the blinds where I find him staring at me with a somewhat hopeful expression and I remember that I probably ought to put more food out...I think the bird is trying to get me to respond Pavlov style to any loud knock on the glass being stimulus for me to emerge with seeds. 

• Haha 14
8 hours ago, haldir said:

Last night's game at the FLGS was good, short but a good time.

I love hearing a good game story! I'm glad you had fun.

Coincidentally, we just finished our first session since Nov 2019 (our in-person game paused for holidays, and then covid).

We missed it too much, so we just had our session 0 online. My love usually DMs but we've never been able to play together, so we found one online that would run a party of 2. It was fun!

Mr. Rumbeard temporarily turned in his ship and beard for a stack of books and a cute familiar! He has a barn owl named OWLBUS and I'm already ready to die for him. I've been wanting to finally get a druid to high level, so I pulled out my strong, fierce girl from my early wow days, Ferendil.

The DM seemed great and he said that my love and I had a great energy working together! :wub: He also gave me an inspiration point because I recognized the background music he was playing. It was from Divinity: Original Sin 2, haha!

Edited by Morihalda
I worded a worded
  • Like 15
On 4/7/2021 at 5:36 PM, Pegazus said:

An ejection mechanism. Spit the card out into the bay! 

Funny you should mention that - because I got a good laugh when I did on our conference call. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Funny you should mention that - because I got a good laugh when I did on our conference call. :lol:

Did you mention my crazy contraption idea for such? :p

• Haha 7

Kitchen is being installed... I hope all goes well.

These guys look like they know what they're doing, but on the other hand that's what people say about me as well..

dog-meme-3.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Kitchen is being installed... I hope all goes well.

These guys look like they know what they're doing, but on the other hand that's what people say about me as well..

dog-meme-3.jpg

Oddly, I do believe that is "Sundodger" the live mascot for the University of Washington. The "hated" huskies. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Some trivia for Friday about what occurred on April 9th:

• 1860 – On his phonautograph machine, Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville made the oldest known recording of an audible human voice.

• 1959 – Project Mercury: NASA announced the selection of the United States' first seven astronauts, whom the news media quickly dub the "Mercury Seven".

• 1969 – The first British-built Concorde 002 made its maiden flight from Filton to RAF Fairford.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3