Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Well...the kitchen stands, but these guys blew the main fuse...so we're now waiting for the electrician from the energy company to replace it. We're out of power for two third of the house now...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 15
  • Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

My little monster gave me a concussion last night. She was dancing around on the couch like the crazy person she is when she flung herself into me and hit my temple with her big bowling ball head. Spent most of the night nauseous and dizzy, but I never threw up and Hubby said my pupils were fine. 

Hopefully she stays this dangerous and keeps all the boys away from her.

• Like 6
  • Sad 14

On 4/7/2021 at 5:10 PM, Chaoswolf said:

I just got my second shot, so I'm fully vaccinated and ready for Reapercon!

Well, in 2 weeks you will be! It takes 2 weeks after your last shot for full immunity. 

I got my first dose yesterday! I felt...odd for the rest of the day. Mainly just heavy and lethargic, hard to stay focused, and a bit headachey. Today I feel like I took an extra strength muscle relaxer, and also like someone kicked me in the shoulder, but I've never been so happy to get a shot before in my life!! 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:08 PM, sumbloke said:

Not an entirely ridiculous suggestion. It only needs to move the card enough to not be read again...

@kristof65 Don't banks have card readers that suck the card into the machine if it's left there too long? Would that be an option, or too expensive?

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 11

For anyone into Marvel and DC and all the silliness, Marvel released the "Zemo" cut yesterday. ::D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nEzCv5u1O8

*don't think it needs a spoiler warning, the only spoiling taking place being that Zemo is there, in a club, and there is music*

Will DC respond, perhaps with a 14 hour Whedon cut of the Snyder Cut? :poke:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My little monster gave me a concussion last night. She was dancing around on the couch like the crazy person she is when she flung herself into me and hit my temple with her big bowling ball head. Spent most of the night nauseous and dizzy, but I never threw up and Hubby said my pupils were fine. 

It's never too early to put her into professional MMA training.

• Haha 13

Ugh. last night was rough. Call outs and burn out. I managed okay but I didn't get the brunt of it. I did say the following when someone was ribbing me about a patrol "This building smells like cigarettes and poverty."

Have a picture while I figure out what food I want to order:

1299378193891.png.c1d888779e1549b9a3a2b136bf27a0e6.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Make sure she learns the crane kick from The Karate Kid (the real movie with Pat Morita, not that one with Jackie Chan). But watch out that she doesn't knock you out first... and it might also get her to wash your car, paint your house and fence, and plenty of other chores.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
11 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Did you mention my crazy contraption idea for such? :p

I did not, since that meeting was before I read the comments here.

However, when I was talking with the engineer this morning and we were discussing the solutions he had implemented, it came to mind and I had to restrain myself from mentioning it just so as to not side track our serious conversation. ::):

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

@kristof65 Don't banks have card readers that suck the card into the machine if it's left there too long? Would that be an option, or too expensive?

I believe most ATMs do.  My guess is both way too expensive and too large for some of the equipment we have. And probably wouldn't survive well in the car wash environment. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Sort of a downer of a day today.  Went to the funeral of a friend who died of cancer last week (to be fair, when they diagnosed him they gave him 6 weeks to live and he made almost 5 years) this afternoon and while we were at the service, my wife's father called to say her mother had passed away. (we also knew that was coming she hadnt eaten or drunk anything for 5 days and was refusing intravenous treatment).  Nothing that was unexpected but still sort of a low sort of day.

I get my next CT scan next week so we will see how i am doing...

hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Sad 26
1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Sort of a downer of a day today.  Went to the funeral of a friend who died of cancer last week (to be fair, when they diagnosed him they gave him 6 weeks to live and he made almost 5 years) this afternoon and while we were at the service, my wife's father called to say her mother had passed away. (we also knew that was coming she hadnt eaten or drunk anything for 5 days and was refusing intravenous treatment).  Nothing that was unexpected but still sort of a low sort of day.

I get my next CT scan next week so we will see how i am doing...

hope everyone has a good weekend!

Wow, talk about getting kicked when you're already down.

I'm sorry to hear it, I hope you have as good a weekend as possible, considering the circumstances.

• Like 8

We got our first shots today! Aside from being tired, which may just be because I slept awful last night, I'm feeling okay.

That aside brain weasels are running rampant today.

Spoiler

I don't feel like I have the support of my family to open this shop. Husband is supportive but that's about it. I spent a good chunk of today and yesterday updating photos for my portfolio on the website and I just feel like...why? Like am I wasting time and money trying to do this or do people actually value what I'm doing?

I dunno, just having a bad brain day.

• Like 12