Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

The new Faucet seems to be dripping after use, we'll keep an eye on it and if this continues I will call the company about it.

Always something when you buy stuff it seems...

As long as it is dripping into the sink and not under it, you're ok. 

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Setting up the new house, along with moving expenses is going to soak up too much of our ready cash to make a 10 day or longer vacation trip realistic.  I has a sad.  Nick Anything is absolutely inconsolable.

Hope you're able to work something out. Maybe a shorter trip? 

• Like 9
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I've actually got a pest control guy coming by in a little while to address the problem. It's a no-kill company, so they'll put out some traps, catch the little guy(s), and relocate them to a park/wooded area somewhere. I don't begrudge the squirrels being alive, I just would rather they moved out. After all, the little freeloaders aren't even helping to pay rent!

Make sure that park is far far away, most animals will gladly return if they're relocated in a 5km radius.

• Like 10
Just now, Glitterwolf said:

Make sure that park is far far away, most animals will gladly return if they're relocated in a 5km radius.

Yup, I know that's the recommended distance for mice, so it might be a little bit more for bigger rodents. 

See? I'm being nice and not even calling them tree rats 

• Like 2
  • Haha 14
7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Still something I don't accept when buying a complete new kitchen with new appliances.

So they will need to fix it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:
1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Still something I don't accept when buying a complete new kitchen with new appliances.

So they will need to fix it.

Plus it's a waste of water, and a leaky faucet drip is down-right annoying.

Took Molly for a car ride today. The minute I asked if she wanted to go for a ride she dancing and whining, I could barely get her tags on her collar. She got to smell the lovely aroma of every barn within 10 miles being cleaned out.

Chicken pot pie for dinner tonight! Hopefully have time to get some painting in today.

• Like 13

Sadie was absent from Reaper Live Thursday, and is missing her own stream today.  Could it be Bones 5 paints?

From Reaper Discord Painting Platinum:

Sadie — Today at 10:33 AM

Cancelling the stream today, I’ve got a big mixing project to finish up. Lots of paint coming out. Sorry guys, hope to see you Thursday on Reaper live

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

*bounces around like an excited puppy* new paint for birthday, new paint for birthday, whooooooooooooooo new paint! 

... And paint brushes, and another puck of Master's brush cleaner, and some thinner, and dropper bottles. 

Dropper bottles won't make it today, but that's life, they'll be here tomorrow! 

Of course now I need to dash to the post office, swing by the local art store, sneakily pick up an iced capp for hubby, and then get home before 1pm so I don't miss the Michael's delivery, but still. 

Yup, excited fox be excited, even if he can't decant his inbound oils to dropper bottles until tomorrow... 

• Like 13

I'm thinking of attempting a total redo of my desk. I want to take everything, excepting my computer monitor and the riser it is on, off the desk and rearrange things. Hopefully, it will give me some more working space and I can put all my WIPs sitting around in one place.

• Like 11

Cannot seem to get the quote above the text, so stuff it. Plant pics for @Kuroneko . Okay, trees. But trees are plants. Near Tampa at a nature reserve. 

8126D905-D3F9-40F5-95D9-920E5A8777F1.thumb.jpeg.ff73d6b928f222897a26ceb3ccd288f6.jpeg327121BB-5750-46AD-A926-D3CC7D3921A4.thumb.jpeg.385185f4521dd6cc2477c15eee58bd7b.jpeg07AF03FC-9816-4C35-839C-A26ED44133B5.thumb.jpeg.c6fced8d44ea851c8a0b313686cece1a.jpeg

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

@Thoramel, those pictures are fantastic! I do so love seeing flora/fauna from far afield. Even the common species are new and exotic to me, so it's all interesting to me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Sounds like a good haul, have fun with the new toys!

I'm looking forward to it.  I'm also looking forward to mixing up the pre-thinned paints because I have a whrrbrrrrrr aka a vortex mixer, which makes doing such sooooo much easier!  Apparently it's an annoying chore if you don't have a machine to do the mixing for you ^_^;;;

Iced capp was delicious, but Tim Hortons has switched to paper straws that, well...  They aren't so great.  Iced Capp was good though!  I'll post pics in the acquisitions thread once the delivery guy gets here.

• Like 10
6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Hope you're able to work something out. Maybe a shorter trip? 

The problem isn't the length of Reapercon but the time required to get there and back.

If it was just me I could do the trip on the cheap, similar to being on the road as a long haul trucker.  But mama needs certain amenities that I learned to do without every day, such as a bed in a hotel/motel etc.  It adds up, quickly.

Flying isn't an option because of my TBI [traumatic brain injury] and the residual problems I was "gifted" by the drunk driver that ended my working days.

So, I'll save up for the Reapercon box after the Con and hopefully log some painting time in my new office/hobby area.

GEM

• Sad 17

Having a concussion is annoying. I can’t do anything, I shouldn’t even be doing this. I’m so bored and frustrated right now. I have a huge list of stuff to do and I can’t do any of it, the least of which is participating in the game today.

• Sad 19
10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I've actually got a pest control guy coming by in a little while to address the problem. It's a no-kill company, so they'll put out some traps, catch the little guy(s), and relocate them to a park/wooded area somewhere. I don't begrudge the squirrels being alive, I just would rather they moved out. After all, the little freeloaders aren't even helping to pay rent!

50 pounds of a nuts in unmarked bags scattered throughout your yard & they'll come out..........:poke:

• Haha 10
1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Having a concussion is annoying. I can’t do anything, I shouldn’t even be doing this. I’m so bored and frustrated right now. I have a huge list of stuff to do and I can’t do any of it, the least of which is participating in the game today.

BTDT.

You want to take it as easy as possible for a few days. Trying to push too hard or too fast can have long term consequences.

So stay as chill as possible.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3