Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Cannot seem to get the quote above the text, so stuff it. Plant pics for @Kuroneko . Okay, trees. But trees are plants. Near Tampa at a nature reserve. 

8126D905-D3F9-40F5-95D9-920E5A8777F1.thumb.jpeg.ff73d6b928f222897a26ceb3ccd288f6.jpeg327121BB-5750-46AD-A926-D3CC7D3921A4.thumb.jpeg.385185f4521dd6cc2477c15eee58bd7b.jpeg07AF03FC-9816-4C35-839C-A26ED44133B5.thumb.jpeg.c6fced8d44ea851c8a0b313686cece1a.jpeg

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

@Thoramel, those pictures are fantastic! I do so love seeing flora/fauna from far afield. Even the common species are new and exotic to me, so it's all interesting to me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Sounds like a good haul, have fun with the new toys!

I'm looking forward to it.  I'm also looking forward to mixing up the pre-thinned paints because I have a whrrbrrrrrr aka a vortex mixer, which makes doing such sooooo much easier!  Apparently it's an annoying chore if you don't have a machine to do the mixing for you ^_^;;;

Iced capp was delicious, but Tim Hortons has switched to paper straws that, well...  They aren't so great.  Iced Capp was good though!  I'll post pics in the acquisitions thread once the delivery guy gets here.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

As long as it is dripping into the sink and not under it, you're ok. 

Hope you're able to work something out. Maybe a shorter trip? 

The problem isn't the length of Reapercon but the time required to get there and back.

If it was just me I could do the trip on the cheap, similar to being on the road as a long haul trucker.  But mama needs certain amenities that I learned to do without every day, such as a bed in a hotel/motel etc.  It adds up, quickly.

Flying isn't an option because of my TBI [traumatic brain injury] and the residual problems I was "gifted" by the drunk driver that ended my working days.

So, I'll save up for the Reapercon box after the Con and hopefully log some painting time in my new office/hobby area.

GEM

• Sad 17

Having a concussion is annoying. I can’t do anything, I shouldn’t even be doing this. I’m so bored and frustrated right now. I have a huge list of stuff to do and I can’t do any of it, the least of which is participating in the game today.

• Sad 19

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I've actually got a pest control guy coming by in a little while to address the problem. It's a no-kill company, so they'll put out some traps, catch the little guy(s), and relocate them to a park/wooded area somewhere. I don't begrudge the squirrels being alive, I just would rather they moved out. After all, the little freeloaders aren't even helping to pay rent!

50 pounds of a nuts in unmarked bags scattered throughout your yard & they'll come out..........:poke:

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Having a concussion is annoying. I can’t do anything, I shouldn’t even be doing this. I’m so bored and frustrated right now. I have a huge list of stuff to do and I can’t do any of it, the least of which is participating in the game today.

BTDT.

You want to take it as easy as possible for a few days. Trying to push too hard or too fast can have long term consequences.

So stay as chill as possible.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Decent game today for my players. They did get split up, so it kinda left 1 player out for a bit. Had he not had summoned some panthers, he would have been out of a fight. He sent a couple of panthers with with the party that got separated The final fight of the day was vs a zombie beholder that rose from a algae covered pool outside. They did pretty good vs it with only the NPC getting hit with the Enervation Ray( she got hit for 40 pts but she saved, so 20 (out of 39 HPs) & one of the PCs got hit with the Paralyzing Ray late in the fight. They did get a flametongue out of the battle which the sorcerer gained. Barbarian player wanted it but he picked up a decent blade last adventure + the PCs needed to even out their magic item allotment.

With next week being the conclusion, that gives me a chance to print out a few things for that adventure I wasn't going to do.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Over here our kitchen is installed.

The new Faucet seems to be dripping after use, we'll keep an eye on it and if this continues I will call the company about it.

Always something when you buy stuff it seems...

It is possible that the washer in the faucet will take a day or two to settle (they sometimes need to absorb some water to work properly), but I agree, it isn't something that you should have to deal with for a completely new installation.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

BTDT.

You want to take it as easy as possible for a few days. Trying to push too hard or too fast can have long term consequences.

So stay as chill as possible.

GEM

I know, and I’m gonna. It’s just annoying. It’s just one thing after another. I start to feel better from covid, I get a kidney stone. I start to feel better from the kidney stone, I get a cold that lasts 3 weeks. I start to feel better from that, and my daughter gives me a concussion. 

I’ve got stuff to do :angry:

• Sad 14

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow over the next few days. Thank goodness.

Sounds like just another April on the prairies.  I had to take the vent for my airbrush out of the window since snow was trying to come in alongside the gusting winds...   They're only saying an inch to inch and a half for here, but being close enough to the Rocky Mountains such could easily change at any moment. 

• Like 8

Sunday's stroll through history for April 11th:

• 1814 – The Treaty of Fontainebleau ended the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forced him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.

• 1868 – Former shōgun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrendered Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.

• 1951 – The Stone of Scone, the stone upon which Scottish monarchs were traditionally crowned, was found on the altar of Arbroath Abbey. It had been taken by Scottish nationalist students from its place in Westminster Abbey (where it had resided after being moved by Edward I in 1296 in the First War of Scottish Independence).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

So I was checking out another forum yesterday and came across a thread about painting armies for Middle Earth wargaming. The first line of the thread was 'In honor of the 20th anniversary of the release of Fellowship of the Rings...' And I was like 'No way, that wasn't 20 years ago!'

Yes, actually it was, according to Google. 

Good grief, how'd that happen?  It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1