Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Decent game today for my players. They did get split up, so it kinda left 1 player out for a bit. Had he not had summoned some panthers, he would have been out of a fight. He sent a couple of panthers with with the party that got separated The final fight of the day was vs a zombie beholder that rose from a algae covered pool outside. They did pretty good vs it with only the NPC getting hit with the Enervation Ray( she got hit for 40 pts but she saved, so 20 (out of 39 HPs) & one of the PCs got hit with the Paralyzing Ray late in the fight. They did get a flametongue out of the battle which the sorcerer gained. Barbarian player wanted it but he picked up a decent blade last adventure + the PCs needed to even out their magic item allotment.

With next week being the conclusion, that gives me a chance to print out a few things for that adventure I wasn't going to do.

• Like 10
  • Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Over here our kitchen is installed.

The new Faucet seems to be dripping after use, we'll keep an eye on it and if this continues I will call the company about it.

Always something when you buy stuff it seems...

It is possible that the washer in the faucet will take a day or two to settle (they sometimes need to absorb some water to work properly), but I agree, it isn't something that you should have to deal with for a completely new installation.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
55 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

BTDT.

You want to take it as easy as possible for a few days. Trying to push too hard or too fast can have long term consequences.

So stay as chill as possible.

GEM

I know, and I’m gonna. It’s just annoying. It’s just one thing after another. I start to feel better from covid, I get a kidney stone. I start to feel better from the kidney stone, I get a cold that lasts 3 weeks. I start to feel better from that, and my daughter gives me a concussion. 

I’ve got stuff to do :angry:

• Sad 14
1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow over the next few days. Thank goodness.

Sounds like just another April on the prairies.  I had to take the vent for my airbrush out of the window since snow was trying to come in alongside the gusting winds...   They're only saying an inch to inch and a half for here, but being close enough to the Rocky Mountains such could easily change at any moment. 

• Like 8

Sunday's stroll through history for April 11th:

• 1814 – The Treaty of Fontainebleau ended the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forced him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.

• 1868 – Former shōgun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrendered Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.

• 1951 – The Stone of Scone, the stone upon which Scottish monarchs were traditionally crowned, was found on the altar of Arbroath Abbey. It had been taken by Scottish nationalist students from its place in Westminster Abbey (where it had resided after being moved by Edward I in 1296 in the First War of Scottish Independence).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

So I was checking out another forum yesterday and came across a thread about painting armies for Middle Earth wargaming. The first line of the thread was 'In honor of the 20th anniversary of the release of Fellowship of the Rings...' And I was like 'No way, that wasn't 20 years ago!'

Yes, actually it was, according to Google. 

Good grief, how'd that happen?  It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I know, and I’m gonna. It’s just annoying. It’s just one thing after another. I start to feel better from covid, I get a kidney stone. I start to feel better from the kidney stone, I get a cold that lasts 3 weeks. I start to feel better from that, and my daughter gives me a concussion. 

I’ve got stuff to do :angry:

I'm sorry. I feel that so, so hard. I wanted so much more for 2020 and 2021, with my art and taking care of nature. So far it's just been rather harsh lessons one after another in patience and acceptance of my new, severely reduced limits. But there's stuff to do!!!

I know it's frustrating and you're venting. *Hugs*

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

And go: Turn an 80’s/90’s ad campaign geriatric.

The ghost of Billy Mays vs the Shamwow guy trying to sell us competing alternatives for EXTREME! denture paste....the informecials show such stunts as the "Take a hit from a heavyweight boxer challenge" (Your jaw might break, but your dentures stay put!) and the "Only the power of sulfuric acid can release your teeth" demonstration. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15
9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Sounds like just another April on the prairies.  I had to take the vent for my airbrush out of the window since snow was trying to come in alongside the gusting winds...   They're only saying an inch to inch and a half for here, but being close enough to the Rocky Mountains such could easily change at any moment. 

Pretty much. Actually glad to get the moisture, it's been super dry here and the ground will soak this right up as soon as it melts.

• Like 6

I did get more camping in though! We've been camping or fishing every other weekend since early March. They're kind of hard to see in the photo, but we cohabited a campsite with these two little guys!

image.thumb.png.0564bfcaa5f39b78074cd6008cb66023.png

Bun spent most of the evenings happily monching away at shrubbery while Mockingbird sang all of their pretty songs. Mockingbird must have had a nest in a nearby tree because I saw an absolutely tiny one with them on Saturday!

I decided that Morihalda would absolutely visit an inn named, "The Bun and Birb" after these two! I imagine it would be a tiny, cozy cottage built into a hill or mountainside and magically bigger inside. It would be full of comfy chairs, shelves of books, little tables for snacks, drinks, and games, rooms for quiet reading, rooms farther in for loud game time....

Yes, I want to make this diorama once my arms work. :lol:

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 14

Talked to Sam today.

I remember Grump being really proud when she figured out that the witch was grinding people up to make sausage, and thought she had picked up on Hamsel & Gretel.

She hadn't. She was HORRIFIED! That moment actually scared her, and was why she was pushing for that campaign to be shelved.

That people could end up as ropes of sausage hanging from the rafters. His mentioning Hansel & Gretel afterwards made it worse, because it made the story a whole lot scarier and a whole lot more real. Gingerbread is cute. Sausage isn't.

Sent a text about it to Grump.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Jack is irritabletated. Feh.

Many months before the whole Covid thing started, Jack bought a stick of RAM for his puter, and never got around to putting it in. Today Jack finally got to feeling ambitious and opened up his computer. To discover that Jack's puter has the short stubby RAM, not the long ones. Grr.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Sad 13