Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Less than two months to go on this year's after school program.

And I lose more than half my players - who are juniors and seniors this year.

I could easily keep this campaign alive, with new players, but it won't be the same.

Also, for a campaign that I planned on running off the cuff, I ended up doing a lot of planning.

Decisions, decisions....

The Auld Grump

• Like 10

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Those were mostly fixable; it was when the VCR got hungry that was the real catastrophe.

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

My nephew solved that once when he was a few years old. He shoved his grilled cheese sandwich into the vcr. The vcr ate it no problem but didn't work afterwards. Nobody saw it happen so it wasn't until I tore the vcr apart that we realised what had gone wrong.

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

🤔 I wonder if it will let me post this...

Edit: yes, it’s just letting us post the emojis from our phones. Sweet. 🤩

They look like empty boxes to the rest of us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Sounds like the guy is qualified to troubleshoot anything up to the point where the power circuits enter the car wash operating hardware and software.

A Double EE is in way over their head unless they have a lot of experience in the control side of power distribution, and I'm not talking about the modern equivalent of the big high power knife switches but the computers and servo's that control the entire distribution system.

GEM

It's true I'm controls engineering from a VhE background.  It's best for everyone if I stay outside of the 480 motor control centers, but at least I'm willing to admit this.  Too many EEs think if it has electricity in a wire they are qualified to work on it :poke::;,;:

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

I can see the special new emojies on my phone and I can copy them but they are not on my selectable list.  Bummer...

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I can see the special new emojies on my phone and I can copy them but they are not on my selectable list.  Bummer...

Same here.

Man, I really didn't want to get up this morning; I could hear the rain outside and all I could think was 'It's rainy and stuff out there, I ought to just roll over and go back to sleep'.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Man, I really didn't want to get up this morning; I could hear the rain outside and all I could think was 'It's rainy and stuff out there, I ought to just roll over and go back to sleep'.

This is your Spidey Sense telling you to drive extra careful. 

• Like 7

To use a term from the youths, here is some Flashback Friday for April 16th:

• 1943 – Albert Hofmann accidentally discovered the hallucinogenic effects of the research drug LSD (it absorbed through his fingertips as he synthesized it). He will intentionally take the drug three days later on April 19... all in the name of science.

• 2003 – The Treaty of Accession was signed in Athens admitting ten new member states to the European Union. (see the spoiler if you want to know the ten countries applying for membership).

• 2012 – The Pulitzer Prize winners were announced; it was the first time since 1977 and the 11th time overall that no book won the Fiction Prize.

Spoiler

The ten member states from the Treaty of Accession in 2003: the Czech Republic, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, and Slovakia.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Wyvernfire said:

...now I want a squirrel griffon mini...

I support this notion for obvious reasons. 

Some less obvious reasons exist as well:

—this is a much better idea than a lighthouse. 
—a cute  ‘ickle GriffSquirrel would be an excellent creature for the Small-world Heroes to encounter. 

• Like 6

Hope everyone is having a better friday than me.  I do not like being called before 8 and I really dont like it when I have to resort to call waiting before 8.  Multiple plants trying to do multiple stupid things.  

as a note:  Just because an electrical cabinet says its water tight does not mean that you can hose it down with a 10,000psi power washer and not expect any infiltration.  Also:  regardless of how water tight the cabinet is, the walls and the hallway of the 50 year old building the cabinet is in definitely are not!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 14

So, funny story, I'm working on the dragon turtle from bones 4 and got started on one of the hind fins to try out a rather tropical pattern I had in mind last night. The bottom of the fin is a sandy base color highlighted with some off whites and the top of the fin goes from light blue on the leading edge through a tropical blue in the middle to a sea green at the rear of the fin. Then the scales will be a dark grey blue highlighted with some of the browns I'm planning on using for the shell. I got the a rough job on first fin done after about an hour of work and really liked it. Enough so that I think the rest of the beast will have the same pattern. 

Then I realized I painted the fin upside down. 

• Haha 9
  • Sad 8

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

I can see those emojis, so I'm guessing Android emojis don't render on iphones and vice versa? 

ETA: I didn't see a couple other folks saying the same thing before I posted this, now I just look like I'm piling on lol. 

Edited by billeecats
I'm blind
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, haldir said:

Ok, I'm just now discovering these guys:

41127_SwampGobberRiverRaiders_WEB__14859

They are perfect for a RCon game (I ran it for my local players at the FLGS with great success!!). I just wish there were more of these guys or they were cheaper. Either way, I've got a captain mini out of these 3!!

I picked up some Freebooter's Fate pirate goblins when my FLGS was selling them off at half price to get out of that market...

• Like 5

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Less than two months to go on this year's after school program.

And I lose more than half my players - who are juniors and seniors this year.

I could easily keep this campaign alive, with new players, but it won't be the same.

Also, for a campaign that I planned on running off the cuff, I ended up doing a lot of planning.

Decisions, decisions....

The Auld Grump

When my kids game ended they really enjoyed writing their epilogs. 

at least two were killed by an awakened cat assasin.  

the third player decided she had bought the cat ... 

start the new game in the same world, with legends of the previous campaign. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2