Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

That looks very tasty. 

What in the blue hell is a 'rumpledethump' in this context?

... and how do you make it? (.. we all know this is the important question).  >.>

It's a Scottish dish made from potato, neeps(turnip) and cheese. As to how to make it.....you guys can all speak Scots, yeah? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=53P5dcadiwk

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Well the Quorne looks tasty...  I'm afraid I'm a disappointment to my Irish ancestry but I despise cabbage and all of its mutant brothers and sisters.  Come of living downwind of a cabbage farm in my youth and a mother who believed that the cabbage was cooked when the water was greener than the leaves!

I believe that it's an age thing, young whipper snappers often find the taste of brassicas too bitter for their youthful palette ....

• Haha 10
  • Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

It's a Scottish dish made from potato, neeps(turnip) and cheese. As to how to make it.....you guys can all speak Scots, yeah? 

I believe that it's an age thing, young whipper snappers often find the taste of brassicas too bitter for their youthful palette ....

Mah wee bren dinna ken his spaaken the furst time thru but I did ken enouh on tha secon go ta ken the cukin.

GEM

• Haha 8
7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

An attempt to sign a peace treaty between M.E.O.W and B.I.R.D. failed..

afbeelding.png.569b6409814b9ebbed32cc38303f30ea.png

Players please roll Perception checks:

Bird player: 1!!!

• Haha 12
1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Ooh! A spurtle in action!  Is that English cheese?

Unlike poor @Kangaroorex  my family was not prone to overcooking cabbages or potatoes, and I enjoy them quite a lot. Maybe too much. 

Apple Crisp just came out of the oven because it is a cold wet day.  This recipe is close to mine. 

https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/19243/old-fashioned-apple-crisp/

1. I would cut the amount of sugar down to half a cup

2. a tsp of vanilla extract is a nice addition

3. it might need to bake longer, depending on your apples

• Like 11

I am very tired and achy. I kind of feel bad for not painting today and hope I will get some done tomorrow. I have an RCL duo and a trio that I think are both waiting on me. I've base coated one and have yet to start the other. I've been playing a lot of Steam games lately which aren't helping the productivity either.

In other news, I did get an email back from the county and if Husband and I are interpreting it correctly I just need the basic state business license stuff. I do need to figure out how sales tax works though so I can properly price things. But all that is not happening today. Today, I am going to rest as much as I can soy hopefully, I can get more things done tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

Been a pretty broccoli 24 hours. Had to take Molly to the animal hospital twice. She started vomiting after her dinner yesterday, and the final bit around midnight had what I am certain was blood. Didn't get home until 6am with her, x-rays and her bloodwork were ok. Got an anti-vomit injection and a subcutaneous fluid injection to hydrate her, then headed home.

Got 2 hours of sleep, then had to feed Dixie (no food for Molly until the afternoon per orders), and then go get my 2nd vaccine shot. Got home, was fixing Molly bland food, then she had to go potty and had blood coming from another source. Immediately back to the hospital, and she's still there, admitted for at least a night (possibly more). She gave me the look of betrayal when I let them take her back for examination. Only the second night she's ever been away from me, but I can't help her here at home and I can't keep driving an hour to the animal hospital on only a couple hours sleep.

I hope she understands I did what was best for her, so we can get back to our normal routine.

And if that wasn't bad enough, got back home and now Dixie has intestinal issues too... please send good vibes towards my babies.

• Sad 17
3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

So I have to lose all my teeth and suffer dementia before I appreciate cabbage...that makes a certain amount of sense...

• Haha 9
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

And if that wasn't bad enough, got back home and now Dixie has intestinal issues too... please send good vibes towards my babies.

My sympathies and best wishes. 

I've been to the vet 3 times in 2 weeks. DH and are dropper feeding one of the cats water laced with laxatives, twice a day..... trying to get her to... you know....   

The emoji I need is not in the list. :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

Almost had surprise paramedics today.  I didn't think anything of it when I heard a fire truck and ambulance coming down the street - we're on a main drag after all.  Then they stopped nearby.  Okay, still not really all that strange since there's a bunch of old buildings around here, and somewhat regular false alarms due to such (it's almost like the buildings plot together, or something). 

When I heard the footsteps hurriedly coming down the hallway I started paying more attention, doubly so once I heard a paramedic and fire-medic talking closer and closer as they came down the hall, then outside my door...  Then all of a sudden I hear the paramedic shout out "wrong suite!" and they dash back down the hall. 

In their defense, it's really easy to miss the two suites at the other end, because you come through a fire door and depending on the angle you come in at you literally only see hallway. 

Hope the neighbour I don't know is okay, I've never heard a paramedic's voice crack when calling out for someone. 

I had just gotten back from taking out the garbage, and was literally headed to lock the chain on my door when they were coming down the hall. 

Not quite the Saturday highlight I was expecting, but I will say the paramedic was cute. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Been a pretty broccoli 24 hours. Had to take Molly to the animal hospital twice. She started vomiting after her dinner yesterday, and the final bit around midnight had what I am certain was blood. Didn't get home until 6am with her, x-rays and her bloodwork were ok. Got an anti-vomit injection and a subcutaneous fluid injection to hydrate her, then headed home.

Got 2 hours of sleep, then had to feed Dixie (no food for Molly until the afternoon per orders), and then go get my 2nd vaccine shot. Got home, was fixing Molly bland food, then she had to go potty and had blood coming from another source. Immediately back to the hospital, and she's still there, admitted for at least a night (possibly more). She gave me the look of betrayal when I let them take her back for examination. Only the second night she's ever been away from me, but I can't help her here at home and I can't keep driving an hour to the animal hospital on only a couple hours sleep.

I hope she understands I did what was best for her, so we can get back to our normal routine.

Hope they will both be alright.

Question, since they now both have intestine problems as it seems.

Did they eat anything strange?

Like plants from the garden or something?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sunday's stroll through history for April 18th:

• 1506 – The cornerstone of the current St. Peter's Basilica was laid.

• 1909 – Joan of Arc was beatified in Rome.

• 2018 – King Mswati III of Swaziland announced that his country's name will change to Eswatini.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hope they will both be alright.

Question, since they now both have intestine problems as it seems.

Did they eat anything strange?

Like plants from the garden or something?

Dixie has recurring issues, namely because she'll eat anything she finds in the yard, so she is always watched like a hawk when I have her outside. Since I was gone most of yesterday, I can't say. But she's also getting more meals because of medicine for her shoulder, and may have been overfed or given something while I was gone that upset her stomach. I'm constantly saying to people "don't give her that, she'll end up with diarrhea"... and they give it to her anyways.

Molly is not the type to eat anything. She'll sniff something if she finds it, but otherwise she behaves. That's why I'm so worried for her.

• Like 11
5 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Dixie has recurring issues, namely because she'll eat anything she finds in the yard, so she is always watched like a hawk when I have her outside. Since I was gone most of yesterday, I can't say. But she's also getting more meals because of medicine for her shoulder, and may have been overfed or given something while I was gone that upset her stomach. I'm constantly saying to people "don't give her that, she'll end up with diarrhea"... and they give it to her anyways.

Molly is not the type to eat anything. She'll sniff something if she finds it, but otherwise she behaves. That's why I'm so worried for her.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll be alright.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1