Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

I did TWO real pull-ups in a row! TWICE!

Now I go fetch more food, for my on-going quest of Eating Enough before Big Bike Ride. AHHH.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the arrival of Baby Hamster!

I said goodbye to Lucy this afternoon. It was time. She went peacefully.   She was a good girl.

The lovely piece I commissioned from @kristof65's wife arrived safely!            EDIT: This picture doesn't show it, but some of the glass pieces are iridescent.  

Posted Images

Humbug.  I've been at this chronic illness thing too long.  Had my second covid shot Tuesday and between three doctors appointments a debredement of my ulcers and everything else it did not occur to me that I might have  some side effects from the shot.  Its the funky taste on my tongue that clued me in that the stomach issues and increased soreness might not be just general issues!

I very much hope this gets better...soon!

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
18 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Humbug.  I've been at this chronic illness thing too long.  Had my second covid shot Tuesday and between three doctors appointments a debredement of my ulcers and everything else it did not occur to me that I might have  some side effects from the shot.  Its the funky taste on my tongue that clued me in that the stomach issues and increased soreness might not be just general issues!

I very much hope this gets better...soon!

Anecdotally heard some others I know complain of weird taste on tongue after vaccination too. May just be one of the temporary side effects too. I hope you feel better soon, whatever it is!

Over here... I did the Eat Sufficient Food Thing. Now I feel overstuffed, I'm gurgling, and don't wanna move or focus on things. Painting requires being upright. It isn't a stomache ache, just major bloaty feels from normal-person meals today. Gotta try to not be calorie deficient going into bike ride day. Gaaahh. I do not do well with this Full sensation. 

• Like 8

I've donated to Join Earth Today.

It seems one can donate €1,20 per M² that money will then be used to protect that piece of Nature.

My 10M² for now.

afbeelding.png.fb9ab2d3db5271b7b432be65b2813367.png

I seems I bought right into the Lost World!

Now my Ancient Lizardmen and Dinos will be safe..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

Friday's edition of random stuff that happened on April 23rd:

• 1516 – The Munich Reinheitsgebot (regarding the ingredients of beer) took effect in all of Bavaria.

• 1985 – Coca-Cola changed its formula and released New Coke. The response was overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula was back on the market in less than three months.

• 2005 – The first ever YouTube video, titled "Me at the zoo", was published by co-founder Jawed Karim.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

afbeelding.png.dfab4683541f554ef2307d4df43348bc.png

AARRRROOOOOOOOOOO!

11 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Friday's edition of random stuff that happened on April 23rd:

• 1516 – The Munich Reinheitsgebot (regarding the ingredients of beer) took effect in all of Bavaria.

• 1985 – Coca-Cola changed its formula and released New Coke. The response was overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula was back on the market in less than three months.

• 2005 – The first ever YouTube video, titled "Me at the zoo", was published by co-founder Jawed Karim.

I remember that. My stepbrother and I found a stash of original Coke that most people didn't know about. We bought a whole bunch and made a fortune selling it on the side of the road.::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

The model car I have(Citroën Berlingo) is somewhat popular as a microcamper and you can even get pre-made kits you just slide in to convert it from a 5seater to a camper in minutes...   

Anyway, one of the users on a forum I hang out on asked for a more compact toilet solution than a Porta Potti for his.

(Most doesn't have toilets, but instead rely on publicly available toilets...   

I just may have posted this picture

iPood.thumb.jpg.5e46b058d9d252b2b7629bd437d0dcea.jpg

and suggested he also add a bog roll and hand sanitixer to the kit...

• Haha 17

I think I may have my head above water at work for the first time in months. I’m gonna ignore that impending doom sound coming from the direction of that moving light in this dark tunnel. I am nearly done with one test plan and can move to the next one. 

Course, the guy that was doing that for me no longer has a valid email address. Which, due to questions a month ago from our manager and the fact that his departure was not announced nor a going away party discussed leads me to believe he was not ... hmm... separated amicably from the corporation. Pure speculation from me, but I suspect he did not get anything worked. 

So, optimistically jumping into a new task. And my mind drifts back to a world concept I had called soul punk. Extracted souls (voluntary or forcibly) powering machines. Bit dark and I’m hoping to not find a work place equivalent.

• Like 11