Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

10 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I'm sort of looking forward to tomorrow, even though the bit where we're gonna be on the road for half of forever, and I'm not actually going to get to drive it (yet), because HECK CITY DRIVING ... *sigh* Seattle... Seattle is a *redacted* hillside disaster. I really don't like city driving; and I've done more of it than I like to think about. ^^;

I live in the city so I don't have much choice, but I've gotten used to it.  I barely think about the stick shift any more.  Seattle is one of the crazier cities I've driven in, and I say that after having lived in Boston. 

I cannot more strongly recommend taking a couple of weeks to do some deep research into the car (or truck) you want, and the options you're interested in.

That, and I've had really good experiences with Carmax the last couple times we wanted a new car.  Last time I looked up what they had on the lot and was able to walk in and say "I want to test drive these cars" and within minutes they had keys ready for me.  And they did all the registration paperwork, too. 

• Like 11
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

image.thumb.png.176c8554b3c33ed70cf6ec77070f7b9d.png

Randomness XVIII: Not With A Bang, But A Whimper

The Auld Grump

When he sent me that comic at the start, I didn't realize it was PROPHECY!

Not in everyday life, but the dreams after my first shot were JUST LIKE THAT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I just had my 2nd shot.

Mum and Grump are fully immunized.

Tomorrow we ARE having Mum over for lamb and Heroquest. I've MISSED having Mum over for dinner.

Randomness XVIII: Please Stand By.

We startes watching Wandavision. Grump caught on faster than I did about SPOILERS!

His brain is different. I FEEL for Wanda, I do. ::P:

It's the age of the sitcoms. I remember Dick Van Dyke and Donna Reed - you don't.

Wanda is in her twenties....

There is something rotten in the state of Suburbia.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Randomness XVIII: Not With A Bang, But A Whimper

You need the Frog's hashtag 

[ edit: and so does @Pezler the Polychromatic in the following post ]

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, TGP said:

You need the Frog's hashtag… 

3 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Randomness XVIII: The Flumph Revolution Has Begun

Is that what happens when a flump points all its "exhaust ports" clockwise?

• Haha 7

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

We're getting free lunch at work today. I think it's probably a combo deal; we're celebrating today and the fact that we had an audit last week that went very well.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Arm will probably be sore tomorrow, but that's a natural response considering that a piece of metal pierced through the meat of the muscle.

It is a tiny piece of metal. 

Someone —and I thought it was @OneBoot— looked up and explained the actual reason it hurts. 

It is the fluid the needle left behind. There is a blob of fluid that doesn’t belong there; the muscle fibers do. not. like. being spread out. This is felt as soreness. 

I just rubbed-squashed-massaged my arm with the other hand until the soreness went away. 

Not saying that would work for anyone else’s arm. 

• Like 7

What Happened Wednesday for May 5th:

• 1260 – Kublai Khan became ruler of the Mongol Empire.

• 1809 – Mary Kies became the first woman awarded a U.S. patent, for a technique of weaving straw with silk and thread.

• 1973 – Secretariat won the 1973 Kentucky Derby in 1:59 2⁄5, an as-yet unbeaten record.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
On 5/4/2021 at 5:18 AM, Cranky Dog said:

I've done those sort of schedule for years. They're not that bad with their own pros and cons.

Depending on your commute time, you'll find your evenings very short. But on the flip side, it's easier to schedule any sort of appointment on your day off without missing work.

My commute time is like, 2 minutes. Which is great, I love it.

The shifts are tiring, but I think I’m getting used to them.

image.thumb.jpg.7349348f816683ce111e7f3b63834790.jpg

This giant pile of presents is for Hubby (birthday today) and Sephy (birthday Saturday). She’s already claimed the Moana doll.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
46 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

She’s already claimed the Moana doll.

Good on your husband for letting your daughter take a gift that was clearly meant for him. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That's the Flumph Evacuation. Totally different thing. Though possibly also misleading.

I think you just explained both the recent theft of beans and the strange smell emanating from one of the local caverns....

• Like 2
  • Haha 8