Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

9 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That's the Flumph Evacuation. Totally different thing. Though possibly also misleading.

He's just trying to spin things.

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My commute time is like, 2 minutes. Which is great, I love it.

The shifts are tiring, but I think I’m getting used to them.

image.thumb.jpg.7349348f816683ce111e7f3b63834790.jpg

This giant pile of presents is for Hubby (birthday today) and Sephy (birthday Saturday). She’s already claimed the Moana doll.

Grump and BD have three days apart too.

Randomness XVIII: Look Both Ways Before Crossing

Randomness XVIII: Mind the Gap

Randomness 18: We Ain't the Romans

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The shifts are tiring, but I think I’m getting used to them.

When I was younger, I used to love the 4 x10 hour days schedule.  These days a 10 hour shift will waste me for days....

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 8

Not a bad night at work, last night, just tired of getting these big, un-needed loads. With the inventory crew there, the bosses all came in early & jumped in & helped us get it thrown.

Actually came home & sprayed my minis for tonight. I decided the squirrel needed anther coat of chrome & I needed to prime that gnome (no way I'm playing a rpg with a bare metal mini!!). I'll probably just give him a quick wash & call it good.

Now I'm off to bed. I wanna wake up earlier then I normally do on Weds so I can actually throw that wash on that mini. I do need to paint the squirrels eye red or something. Also, gotta black my bases. Anther one of things I'd rather see on the table vs primered or bare.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

What Happened Wednesday for May 5th:

• 1260 – Kublai Khan became ruler of the Mongol Empire.

• 1809 – Mary Kies became the first woman awarded a U.S. patent, for a technique of weaving straw with silk and thread.

• 1973 – Secretariat won the 1973 Kentucky Derby in 1:59 2⁄5, an as-yet unbeaten record.

I like to add

• 1945 The Netherlands are liberated from the Nazi Occupation.

Today is Liberation Day.

Yesterday we remembered the Fallen

Also..on a personal note, my mother passed away on May 5th 2007...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 14
29 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

This one is clearly speaking to @WhiteWulfe:

image.thumb.png.f5a2b09069dc86c2dda84db6111dc9c9.png

Yup, sounds about right, although thankfully my collection is nowhere near as large as a lot involved in the hobby. I have a reasonably ratio of completed to waiting to be started kits. 

Probably helps that I find most of the Earth forces stuff to be not all that interesting - I love the curves, the spikes, the ~menace~ that the Zeon designs have, whereas the Earth ones tend to be...  Well, bland by comparison.  Probably has to do with my love of that monoeye, and their use of axes... 

It probably also rather helps that I quickly fell in love with the larger scale of the Master Grade kits because of their scale making their size a little easier to work with, the various intricate gimmicks, and how a kit generally takes a while to be built up. 

I swear resin conversion kits had no impact on how I decided on things, although... Yeah, they do have a decent influence.  I could probably get another ten kits with resin, but I do suspect I'm going to start getting more supplies to just bash up my own work, especially since sheets of styrene from Plastruct aren't that expensive at all. 

But yeah, if I had the cash, certain kits I wanted were actually in stock, and the shelves, I do suspect I'd have a full collection of the kits from Gundam:The Origin as well as a good amount of the Real Grade kits, and yeah, probably even 3-5 perfect grade kits in the works (three of them being Zaku II's, because I love the SH Studios conversion kits, and want a Gouf Flight Type, a regular Gouf, and the Shin Matsinaga kit). 

...If I had that kind of cash I'd have to bite the bullet of some words I've said recently though, which were to some friends playfully saying "get me another boom arm and the much sturdier 6' workbench I want and we'll seriously talk".  Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of streaming, but it also scares the crap out of me. 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like to add

• 1945 The Netherlands are liberated from the Nazi Occupation.

Today is Liberation Day.

Yesterday we remembered the Fallen

Also..on a personal note, my mother passed away on May 5th 2007...

I can relate.  Let us remember the good times.

I lost my father on May 5th, 1990.  Medical Misadventure subsequent to a heart attack.

GEM

• Sad 12
4 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Good on your husband for letting your daughter take a gift that was clearly meant for him. :lol:

You say that in jest, but Hubby has to defend his plushie collection from the little monster on a regular basis :lol:

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

The website made me confirm that I was over 18 because the image contained “erotic” imagery. :lol:

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

This one is clearly speaking to @WhiteWulfe:

image.thumb.png.f5a2b09069dc86c2dda84db6111dc9c9.png

Given the last panel, I think that’s relevant to ALL of us :lol:

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

Wow, took a bit to get caught up.  I need to stop not-reading the forums on the weekends......

So my back has been awesome for a long time.  And I've been having yet more issues with nerve pain in my left leg for....3+ months now?  
Got in to have an MRI on Friday (boy that tube is not overly big, is it?) and the doctor's office called yesterday to book an in-person appointment today. (Bad sign right off, since almost nothing is done in-person these days.)

As expected my back has deteriorated of the last decade or so.  Stenosis is to the point where I have a shiny referral to a back surgeon.

Not the best news but not unexpected (my dad had severe stenosis causing permanent nerve damage and now walks with a walker) so I'm happy that, if it has to get taken care of, we get it done as early as possible to avoid what dad went through.

I wonder if I can get a two for one special and get him to look at my neck too?

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
1 minute ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Wow, took a bit to get caught up.  I need to stop not-reading the forums on the weekends......

So my back has been awesome for a long time.  And I've been having yet more issues with nerve pain in my left leg for....3+ months now?  
Got in to have an MRI on Friday (boy that tube is not overly big, is it?) and the doctor's office called yesterday to book an in-person appointment today. (Bad sign right off, since almost nothing is done in-person these days.)

As expected my back has deteriorated of the last decade or so.  Stenosis is to the point where I have a shiny referral to a back surgeon.

Not the best news but not unexpected (my dad had severe stenosis causing permanent nerve damage and now walks with a walker) so I'm happy that, if it has to get taken care of, we get it done as early as possible to avoid what dad went through.

I wonder if I can get a two for one special and get him to look at my neck too?

Good Luck on your upcoming surgery/ies.

They can't get me in one of those things unless they knock me out.  Claustrophobia causes panic and my Hyperacusis puts me in a murderous rage from the noise.  Then the migraine hits.

GEM

• Sad 11
1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

They can't get me in one of those things unless they knock me out.  Claustrophobia causes panic and my Hyperacusis puts me in a murderous rage from the noise.  Then the migraine hits.

GEM

Yeah, I found it very confining (I'm not a small lad) but I'm not Claustrophobic so it was bearable (I'm not sure how back it would be if they were doing my neck though....my head would be way further in then......).  The noise was pretty loud, but I've been to a number of metal concerts.  Needed more bass though :)
But anyone with noise sensitivity would not enjoy that at all.  So have both is most unfortunate.

My biggest problem was the staying on one spot part.  With my back the nerve pain started after about 10 minutes of not being able to move my back/hips/legs. By the end it was getting really unpleasant.

• Sad 8
10 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

Though I'm not claustrophobic, they are not a cozy environment. The stretcher part is not particularly comfortable, and they're surprisingly loud, even with hearing protection.

Because of the smooth, curved uniform surface, my eyes just wouldn't focus properly and it was driving me nuts. A small marking anywhere on the surface would've been appreciated.

At least they got good images of my heart.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 11