Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Amusing randomness exercise:  Take a song lyric that includes the word "cloud" and replace it with "clown".  The results can be entertaining, or sometimes just bizarre.

The sun is out, the sky is blue

There's not a clown to spoil the view...

Randomness #XVIII:  Hey, You, Get Off Of My Clown

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a good day here, g'niece Emma is over and always brightens the place up. She and Lady C went bike riding and then shopping while I got things together for Cowboy Action Shooting match tomorrow. Pizza tonight then smores in our new fire pit.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Okaaaaaay, a couple weeks ago our internet crashed and we finally got our provider to send someone out. When the guy showed up he replaced everything and laid a new cable. Told us they would be out to bury the cable. Took them 2 weeks to show up Wednesday and for some reason they only did about half of it. They left without any reason given or notice. Okay, why?

Do they advertise that they do their work in half the time of their competitors?

• Haha 9

23 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Do they advertise that they do their work in half the time of their competitors?

Unfortunately, where we are now there is almost no competition against these guys. So I have no idea what would cause you to literally leave a cable half buried. Really strange.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Got my first shot of the vaccine today. It was a mess outside as they just started doing walk-ins for the vaccine. So, you know, no planning or crowd control or anything outside. Once I was inside, it was a well oiled machine. Setting up my second shot might be a problem, as the system didn't see far enough and they "don't do appointments on Fridays." I wasn't aware I had warped time and space to make it possible so I didn't have to miss work or sleep to get my shot. :upside:

I think you can go up to 6 weeks between 1 & 2 or so. As long as you get in that time span, you'll be good to go.

Suppose to be cold tonight & into next morning (like 30s-40s temps :rock:). I'm just glad it's my night off. Bunny is inside tonight, she decided last night was a night to roam the backyard. She is currently laying by my feet right now. Funny, how much cat is in her, ha ha.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, alchemist said:

Amusing randomness exercise:  Take a song lyric that includes the word "cloud" and replace it with "clown".  The results can be entertaining, or sometimes just bizarre.

I've looked at clowns from both sides now, from up and down, but still, somehow, it's clowns' illusions I recall.  I really don't know clowns at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, haldir said:

I think you can go up to 6 weeks between 1 & 2 or so. As long as you get in that time span, you'll be good to go.

Seeing as I'm going to be the ONLY graveyard shift employee in two weeks, I want to have the appointment nailed down so I don't screw over the boss and office drone who work when I do, without warning.

• Like 10

Good morning! Here's a few things you might find interesting (or not) that happened on May 8th:

• 1429 – French troops led by Joan of Arc lifted the Siege of Orléans, turning the tide of the Hundred Years' War.

• 1919 – Edward George Honey proposed the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate the Armistice of 11 November 1918 which ended World War I.

• 1976 – The rollercoaster The New Revolution, the first steel coaster with a vertical loop, opened at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I got Chrome Hammer: Ascension, Stargrave, and Five Parsecs From Home 3rd ed all in the same two weeks.  I'd been painting for CH:A in 25mm, got distracted and painted four of the six 32mm Reaper Expo minis I'd need for 5P last night, realized they'd also work well for CH:A, got caught in the Sunk Cost fallacy in 15mm, and oww my head.

I need to finish at least one of these projects before the current (undiagnosed but I suspect) mania phase bottoms out.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I hope everyone is having the best they can.

Hope you are, too.  Gorgeous day today. Going to enjoy it for a while, maybe get in an hour of painting before my Roll20 group gathers for an afternoon of mayhem and madness. 

• Like 8

Made Spaghetti Dinner.

Fresh Spaghetti.

Fried fresh garlic in olive oil, added Bacon, then Mushrooms and Zuchinni, then Sundried Tomatoes, added Tomato Paste and Red Wine, Black Pepper and a mix of Italian Herbs, then when the spaghettis was just cooked stirred it all together.

Served with Parmesan Flakes.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 14