• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Made Spaghetti Dinner.

Fresh Spaghetti.

Fried fresh garlic in olive oil, added Bacon, then Mushrooms and Zuchinni, then Sundried Tomatoes, added Tomato Paste and Red Wine, Black Pepper and a mix of Italian Herbs, then when the spaghettis was just cooked stirred it all together.

Served with Parmesan Flakes.

Based on the past 24-hour dinner menus, if I ever live in the Netherlands I want to be @Glitterwolf's next-door neighbor.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

Today is the community garage sale that is for people who live in here only, the big one for the public is in August. We were going to try to offload some stuff that we don't need/want but it's supposed to rain so that killed that idea since a fair amount of it is either electronics or books, neither of which are friends to water. So I got upstairs and finished putting curtains up in our guest room. It was a pain. The brackets didn't want to screw in right and the drill kept stripping the screws because of the angle I had to be at and the screwdriver was taking forever. BUT they are up. Thankfully both sets are light (it's a double curtain rod) so I don't have to worry about it falling down unless the cats do something horrific but I think they are in well enough even if the cats tried to pull them down.

• Like 9

It’s dreary and intermittantly drizzling here, so I decided to give this a try:

E7C50FDE-14B0-4F11-9D6A-83FEA2E0343B.jpeg.5e207af0c9d68b704d73ef2f78315640.jpeg

Since I’m effectively just doodling, I thought I’d keep it small:

2C7413E0-1C65-494D-A0C2-378FBCA1A291.jpeg.c15f9a967ae01ba7889388ce69a43003.jpeg

I’m not sure that I entirely like the effect of the prismacolor pencils on cold press paper, but it’s fast, at least:

F12D3D6E-4C16-4183-8DAC-4DD3F97FF918.jpeg.04b0e7ec1615578998a60025eae27cc4.jpeg

• Like 19

44 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Based on the past 24-hour dinner menus, if I ever live in the Netherlands I want to be @Glitterwolf's next-door neighbor.

Tomorrow we will visit my girl's parents for Mother's Day. I will make pizzas in the oven then. Fresh dough and the toppings everyone wants. 

• Like 11

16 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

I've looked at clowns from both sides now, from up and down, but still, somehow, it's clowns' illusions I recall.  I really don't know clowns at all.

I had some dreams, they were clowns in my coffee, clown in my coffee....

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

Summer tires are ON!

Timing was just right. Nice and sunny. Not too hot, not too cool, and no high winds. And I just had my scheduled tune up. But by doing my tires myself (already wheel mounted, and I have a tire inflator), I save about $50.

Those 17in suckers are still heavy. The wheel nuts were slightly seized up from winter rust and jacking the car up and down four times is hard on the shoulders. But it's finally done.

See you in six months winter tires!

• Like 13

Bittersweet feeling, listening to the Portland Winterhawks hockey game on my phone & they are winning 4-2, but knowing there are only 2 more games after this one with no playoffs for the WHL this year. Well at least, the 21-22 season won't be far off.

• Like 8

So I'm watching The Mummy tonight (the 1999 classic starring Brendan Fraser, of course), and, while I'm not surprised to see my ever-faithful and alert Australian Shepherd animal companion take issue with the horses and camels and cats that have appeared onscreen, I am a bit impressed to learn just how much she hates the undead! She is not having any of these mummies' bullbroccoli.

• Like 10
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

So I'm watching The Mummy tonight (the 1999 classic starring Brendan Fraser, of course), and, while I'm not surprised to see my ever-faithful and alert Australian Shepherd animal companion take issue with the horses and camels and cats that have appeared onscreen, I am a bit impressed to learn just how much she hates the undead! She is not having any of these mummies' bullbroccoli.

you didn't need to explain. That is the ONLY version of The Mummy 

• Like 11

Our Sunday stroll through history for May 9th:

• 1386 – England and Portugal formally ratified their alliance with the signing of the Treaty of Windsor, making it the oldest diplomatic alliance in the world which is still in force.

• 1671 – Thomas Blood, disguised as a clergyman, attempted to steal England's Crown Jewels from the Tower of London.

• 1941 – World War II: The German submarine U-110 was captured by the Royal Navy. On board was the latest Enigma machine which Allied cryptographers later used to break coded German messages.

And Happy Mother's Day!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4