Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

On 5/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, Corsair said:

Unfortunately, where we are now there is almost no competition against these guys. So I have no idea what would cause you to literally leave a cable half buried. Really strange.

Maybe someone told them it was a 4 hour job.  They worked 4 hours and left!

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

Hope you are, too.  Gorgeous day today. Going to enjoy it for a while, maybe get in an hour of painting before my Roll20 group gathers for an afternoon of mayhem and madness. 

It's a good day for painting here.  Heavy rain and thunder with clowns, excuse me, clouds as far as the eye can see.

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream last night where I created the unbreakable cell phone. Unfortunately, I can't tell you about it, because I woke up needing to use the bathroom. I did so, and noting that it was still rather early, I decided I was going to try to snooze a little longer. My cat, seeing that I was up and moving around, was having none of it, though. I had layed down and rolled onto my side, so she jumped up on my shoulder and started tapping my head with her paw. 

I love my pests pets.

• Haha 12

8 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

you didn't need to explain. That is the ONLY version of The Mummy 

Not the only one -there was also the one with Karloff. (Who you never see in the wrappings - the closest is when you catch a glimpse of wrapping as it is dragged through the door.)

Karloff's Mummy was an infiltrator. The 1999 Mummy was an elemental powerhouse.

Both were good.

The Auld Grump

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Not the only one -there was also the one with Karloff. (Who you never see in the wrappings - the closest is when you catch a glimpse of wrapping as it is dragged through the door.)

Both were good.

The Auld Grump

The Fraser one is better. ::P:

Humor, understated sexual tension, and kick-butt special effects.

• Like 10

That was disturbing.

I told BD that Grump is going to use the leftover lamb for vindaloo.

She went "Vinnndallooo" and sounded just like a small girly version of Homer Simpson saying "Doonnuutss!"

There is no doubt about whose tastebuds she inherited. <_< Where already mixing Grump's pots with my pots for her. We are a two pot family. ::): Mine is spicy. Grump's is Vulcanizing. We need a third pot whn Mum is over. 

Which is tonight, again. I have missed seeing her so MUCH!

Don't know if she'll have George with her. I think Grump and me kind of weird him out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Both were good.

The Auld Grump

Okay. Yes, that is a fair point, both movies are called "The Mummy" but one is not a remake of the other, and are completely separate in what makes them classics. I repent for my crime of overlooking the legendary Boris Karloff.  (please call of the death squad) 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

My backlog of stl files of minis for the printer has become so large, I’ve realized I have stopped even downloading free ones.

I'm not there yet, but I get it.

If things continue like they do now I might be at that point by the end of the year.

• Like 6

Woke up with a headache, was really bad by the time FIL came by to deal with the trees some more. Husband had to go to the store to pick up our groceries so he called me on his way out to let me know he was leaving. From what I caught through our awful service was that they were done done with the trees. I sure hope so, can't take much more of that. Anyway, took something for my head, laid down and the cat would not let me sleep. She kept demanding pets. I did rest some so at least the head is feeling slightly better. Was thinking about painting but Husband will be back before I really have time to do much.

• Sad 10

Finished my taxes.  Almost got burned for a lot of money because turbotax decided not to import my Local taxes with the rest of the w2.  if anyone else feels like their taxes are wrong, that might be the cause

Boy do i dislike Tax season.

• Like 6
  • Sad 9

Sigh...

I assemble minis as slowly as I paint them.

Thought I could get my Cursed City set finished over the weekend and actually play the game, or get a bit of painting done, but nope, still got 4 Bat Swarms and all the Objective Markers left.

Maybe I'll be done tomorrow...

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Sigh...

I assemble minis as slowly as I paint them.

Thought I could get my Cursed City set finished over the weekend and actually play the game, or get a bit of painting done, but nope, still got 4 Bat Swarms and all the Objective Markers left.

Maybe I'll be done tomorrow...

Just finished playing a session of it, we're at Level 1 now and it's a lot of fun. Brutogg best leader.

• Like 8

On 5/8/2021 at 8:05 AM, Froggy the Great said:

I need to finish at least one of these projects before the current (undiagnosed but I suspect) mania phase bottoms out.

On Thursday I bought a Wizkids' grizzly bear, a wolf, a stag and a grick for a project. I've gotten as far as cutting them up for the parts I need, and gluing two of the four of them together.

I'm hoping I can manage to get it all glued together and get at least some of the details sculpted on the parts that need to be greenstuffed before I go to bed tonight.

I really want to get the construction portion finished before I run out of momentum, and that point seems to be quickly approaching...

Otherwise, I dropped around $20 for nothing. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Call or visit your Mum. I wish I could.

Call my Mom, I mean, not yours. That would be... awkward. 

Well, you could call my mom if you wanted to, but unless your long distance plan includes the afterlife I'm not sure she'll pick up, lol...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 12