Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

It was a warning. I should have gone back to bed.

My day included finding an unused colostomy bag in the men's restroom.

I am sure there is a story there, and I am equally certain that I do not want to know it.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Played two turns of Five Parsecs From Home last night.  One of my brand new painted characters was shot in the head before he got out of the deployment zone.  Sigh, etc.

The curse of the freshly painted strikes again!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 5/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, redambrosia said:

Spent 2 hours today trying to get the dang AC unit in the stupid window, but everything was too big or too small. So aggravating <_< 

Also found out that the lotion I’ve been using to relieve my sciatica pain is prohibitively expensive now. $60 for 8oz is really stupid. 

Have you tried Fisiocrem or similar? SWMBO has found that it helps. Might not be as effective as what you were using, though. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sumbloke said:

Have you tried Fisiocrem or similar? SWMBO has found that it helps. Might not be as effective as what you were using, though. 

That sounds a lot like tiger balm, which does nothing for my nerve pain. It would probably help with my other aches though. 

In any case, my nutty mom bought two bottles for me :facepalm: 

• Like 8

Just back from our new house in Stagecoach, which will soon be home.

Tales from the road:  At the California Agricultural Inspection Station {A.K.A "Bug Check"}  The guy on duty, who I haven't seen before, asked where we were coming from and I replied "Stagecoach, Nevada."  Next question: "Whatcha got in the trailer?"  I replied, without missing a beat:  "Dirty Laundry".  The guy did a perfect double take, looked at me then took a squint at the trailer, peering between the gap in the front corner.  Which contained two Wally World short wardrobe boxes each with empty packing boxes on the bottom and then bags of trash and dirty laundry on top.  Third question: "How did you end up with dirty laundry?"  [At this point I realized we weren't dealing with the sharpest pencil in the box]  My answer: "Easy, We've been working on our property."  He had run out of questions and I still had a whole hatful of answers so he bid us a good day and we eased out of the station and proceeded on down the road.  I'm looking forward to meeting the same individual on the backhaul of our next trip.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 1

Well, this sucks.

I went to work last night and one hour into my shift, I feel like I'm going to puke. I manage to work another answer but had to leave, because it wouldn't go away and came in waves. I had some instant Udon and went to bed. Woke up, ate half a sandwich, and started feeling sick again so I called out of work. I don't know what I'm going to do, I can't afford to take too much time off. I'm pretty sure it's from my shot. I hope it is.

I also had to buy a new phone because I cracked my screen a few months back and it was only suppose to be temporary.

• Sad 20

@CaptainPete  I symathize, I really do! As some one who has to change drug therapies playing guess how long this is going to last is a real pain.

It does sound like it will pass.  Be patient with yourself there are ooover the counter remedies for nausea but you have to see what works for you.  All else fails see your doctor. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 14

Some Timeline Trivia for Tuesday, May 11th:

• 868 – A copy of the Diamond Sutra was printed in China, making it the oldest known dated printed book.

• 1813 – William Lawson, Gregory Blaxland and William Wentworth discovered a route across the Blue Mountains, opening up inland Australia to settlement.

• 1910 – An act of the U.S. Congress established Glacier National Park in Montana, located on the US-Canadian border and encompassing over 1 million acres.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Marvin said:

Remember, sometimes being a loving parent means making your kid do the duckwalk of shame.

LOL. I sort of did - I left the package about 4 feet outside the bathroom door before I went back upstairs to my office. 

He was yelling something at me, but I was laughing too hard to hear what he was saying. 

• Haha 21

Hope you feel better soon @CaptainPete.  Fluids can make you feel better, if nothing else make it easier to puke if you need to.  Reclining with pillows, not horizontal helps too. 

I started my day with a sinus headache left over from last night. For some reason the heat was on this morning. :huh:

@Kangaroorex hope the new meds are working for you. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

@CaptainPete  I symathize, I really do! As some one who has to change drug therapies playing guess how long this is going to last is a real pain.

It does sound like it will pass.  Be patient with yourself there are ooover the counter remedies for nausea but you have to see what works for you.  All else fails see your doctor. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

*hugs to both of you*

I feel that. We ended up having to cancel those new meds very quickly last month because the side effects got me pretty good. I just got home from my rheumatologist appointment. We're trying two new ones this week.... I'm anxious.

• Sad 13