Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

After all the vials and the baggie I'm down 600mL of blood :blink:

My humours have been balanced :lol: I made it home safe and sound and blew my keto diet on a juice box. Going to continue to blow it on a burrito tonight :winkthumbs:

I do understand how the juice box blows the Keto diet… ( ::(: wishes I had some apple juice boxes ::(: ) …but not understanding how the burrito will.  Meat, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, cheese… I thought it is possible to craft one that is all meat and veg ingredients. 

Commendations for supporting your local vampires. I think the place I donate pulls 456mL for the main bag and maybe another 50-60 for testing and they test for about 11 different maladies.

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

After all the vials and the baggie I'm down 600mL of blood :blink:

My humours have been balanced :lol: I made it home safe and sound and blew my keto diet on a juice box. Going to continue to blow it on a burrito tonight :winkthumbs:

key-toe.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 15

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

I do understand how the juice box blows the Keto diet… ( ::(: wishes I had some apple juice boxes ::(: ) …but not understanding how the burrito will.  Meat, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, cheese… I thought it is possible to craft one that is all meat and veg ingredients. 

Commendations for supporting your local vampires. I think the place I donate pulls 456mL for the main bag and maybe another 50-60 for testing and they test for about 11 different maladies.

Tortilla.

Normally to stay keto I'd get a burrito bowl but I want something with a tortilla from an actual Mexican place. I also got a chile relleno because I want fried chile pepper stuffed with cheese.

The Red Cross is also pulling a few extra tubes for antibody research right now. Normally when I give blood it's just the 500mL bag and two extra vials. The ten 10mL vials today was a bit much.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Thank you both. I implemented what I could. (Did not have bananas, applesauce or juice, ginger ale…)  No longer throwing up at least.

I got an interesting formula for homemade gatorade from a sibling:

2 parts water (distilled, filtered, or purified if available)

1 part fruit juice (pulp free is best)

pinch of salt

I have yet to try it. The only fruit juice I have on hand is grape. Where does Grape sit on the Apple-juice=Yes / Orange-juice=No scale?

I thinks it's on the Apple juice side, but you might want to dilute it a little bit with water 

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well today is LadyC and my anniversary. 36 years and counting on her life sentence! We both took the day off, went shopping for stuff for the new house. Got new flatware, dishes and in the last week a new Kuerig coffeemaker, Crockpot Instant pot and a monster KitchenAid mixer/beater/giant machine thing. So all the older stuff is going into a garage sale in 3 weeks along with a ton of stuff that we are purging for the move in January. If any of you want any Star Wars novels, PM me as they are not making the cut.

Congratulations! Here's to many more years of happiness for you both! :bday:

• Like 8

Once again, the rain that moved thru the area yesterday almost completely avoided where I am. The foodie cult has grown in strength, not even the belt onion was able to do more than get a short half hour drizzle into the yard...

Bright light, allergens, and humidity have again forced me into going nocturnal this week, I am besieged now by the forces of Summer and highly irritable because of it, hopefully, maybe I can scrounge up the motivation and energy to paint something later. The Fat Little Birds are also surly and discontented, the whole 15 strong flock was going at it with a morning dove earlier today when it decided to try and sit in the feeder after running off the ground squirrel. 

• Like 9

On 6/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, SparrowMarie said:

Stayed up until after 1 last night. Woke up right at 6. <_< It is time for some caffeine and video games.

Have not been feeling well the last 3 days.  between Cramps which kept me awake on sunday night and being so tired i was nauseous, keeping me awake monday night, and having a major project at work that required a lot of my time and attention, i feel completely horrid.  I really feel your pain, especially after an hour or two of being up!

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I accidentally found out that the 'Moon' setting on my camera is pretty good for taking photos of inky looking critters...

DSCN0452.thumb.JPG.3e983cb82259961e6531578a2fe3ad9c.JPG

The picture looks great, your model does not look too thrilled by this discovery though.  Nice picture

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

MrBoot and I did our very first "you pick" at a local orchard for cherries on Saturday. 

We, um, got a leetle bit carried away (it's so much fun!). 

This is what 20 lbs of cherries looks like, lol:

20200620_225444.thumb.jpg.5bf0fb3d09d2dd7d2826f129a55477f0.jpg

Last time i had that many cherries we made a cherry mead that was absolutely delicious!  I love the concept of a pick your own cherry orchard, but i got to ask:  20 lb of cherries made it home, how many pounds were smuggled inside you?  (as kids we went picking raspberries and strawberries and apples.  not sure if more were consumed or brought home, but it was a great time.

And I love the Mr Ranier cherries, they are so good.  Unfortunately they just dont show up for very long around here...

@Corsair  congratulations!  may you have many, many more together!  Enjoy your KitchenAid!  ours has been with us since we were married and I cannot live without it when it comes to baking and cooking.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I love the concept of a pick your own cherry orchard, but i got to ask:  20 lb of cherries made it home, how many pounds were smuggled inside you?   

Very little, actually; the orchard is fairly close to home, plus there was a very faintly bitter taste to the skin that made us decide it would be a good idea to rinse them before nomming. After we got home, though... :ik_oops:

Nah, we've both been pretty good and haven't eaten too much at once. I've heard too many stories already that start with "oh yeah, I love U-Picks, the last time we did one we ate like half of them in the car and we were sooooo sick the next day LOL." :rolleyes:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well today is LadyC and my anniversary. 36 years and counting on her life sentence! We both took the day off, went shopping for stuff for the new house. Got new flatware, dishes and in the last week a new Kuerig coffeemaker, Crockpot Instant pot and a monster KitchenAid mixer/beater/giant machine thing. So all the older stuff is going into a garage sale in 3 weeks along with a ton of stuff that we are purging for the move in January. If any of you want any Star Wars novels, PM me as they are not making the cut.

Fantastic!! Congrats! And the instant pot and kitchen aid mixer are excellent purchases. I miss my kitchen aid, but there is no room to store it here... Someday....

Watched more Avatar tonight, and stamped out some bases for the Spanish Inquisition minis I bought at my first ReaperCon.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I got an interesting formula for homemade gatorade from a sibling:

2 parts water (distilled, filtered, or purified if available)

1 part fruit juice (pulp free is best)

pinch of salt

I have yet to try it. The only fruit juice I have on hand is grape. Where does Grape sit on the Apple-juice=Yes / Orange-juice=No scale?

The object here is to replenish electrolytes. Grape juice is high in potassium, so it works in a 2:1 ratio with water.  Orange juice or lemon (preferably squeezed from fruit) are good choices, too. Any kind of citrus (potassium, calcium, magnesium), as long as it is mixed with water and not straight.  Coconut water is the best choice, and often available in little single serving cartons.  I hear watermelon is good for electrolytes too. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

The object here is to replenish electrolytes. Grape juice is high in potassium, so it works in a 2:1 ratio with water.  Orange juice or lemon (preferably squeezed from fruit) are good choices, too. Any kind of citrus (potassium, calcium, magnesium), as long as it is mixed with water and not straight.  Coconut water is the best choice, and often available in little single serving cartons.  I hear watermelon is good for electrolytes too. 

That makes Saskatchewanians the most electrolytic.

image.png.2e6a80ef0d782a54d2230bf2551768ba.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

Staying up late to get more work done for what feels like the 10th night in a row. And then procrastinating and not getting as much done as I should. Which might have something to do with binge-watching Gilmore Girls and Cardcaptor Sakura in turns. Also, sort of staying awake in order to watch the weather. I am slowly starting to realize, after months of denial, that I may be a little traumatized by our house flood last September. I work from home, so I was there when the water started coming inside. I think it was easier to deny before we moved back in. We're in a flood watch currently and I can't help but check the radar and listen for the rain to start. I know I'm being a bit silly, but I also am realizing that I have real anxiety about this. I had anxiety before, when we had almost-floods, but now that it's happened once (the only time the house has flooded in the 62 years it has existed), I'm even more nervous about the rain. If I'm not going to sleep, I hope I can at least get some work done.

Edit: The more I watch the radar, the more I think the rain will go mostly northeast of us. The rain band seems to have broken up right around where we are... at least right now.

Edited by Dicey
  • Like 4
  • Sad 15

37 minutes ago, Dicey said:

I had anxiety before, when we had almost-floods, but now that it's happened once (the only time the house has flooded in the 62 years it has existed), I'm even more nervous about the rain.

Is your house drainage adequate for the rains expected in your area?  If not, getting an upgrade would give you more peace of mind.  Our house has had numerous things done to minimize the basement getting wet over the years.  Some have worked better than others.  A sump pump made the biggest difference.  

• Like 11