Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Heh, the second group has realized that they have a powder keg situation, in regards to the death of the Underfather's death.

Gang war, revenge, and a really pissed off dwarf adopted half-orc.

So they are trying to track down the killer, before the lit torch is tossed into the keg.

Next week, return of the revenge of those god damned kobolds.

The Auld Grump

• Like 11

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, haldir said:

There is a option for miniatures for the points. I may look at it more closely, as I seen they had in stock a bunch of figs I'd like to get for the RCon games & such. With the pandemic going on, ordering thou is hit & miss with them, so I tend to not order anything until things even out. You can also use your points for snacks as well, thou I tend to get something & bring it before the game anyways, so I'm not really that hungry during the game.

If you need any Starfinder minis, I can bring all of mine for the games. Also, I may print out a starship , should I?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Normally, there is a small amount of loss through evaporation in a barrel of aging whiskey, called "the angel's share".

It seems you have some very "thirsty" angels in your neighborhood.

GEM

Hmm. I may know exactly which angel did it then. I shall have to have a word with grandfather tonight if he's brave enough to both steal my whiskey AND stick around for dream time.

He was the sort of character that would do that sort of thing if he could. He'd hide the last piece of the puzzle the family was working on so he could be the one to "finish" it. He also had a bride-to-be in tears during her wedding after telling her of the family tradition of "passing 'round" the new bride to all the men in the family. Poor girl had to be convinced by him that it truly was a joke when she locked herself in the bathroom stall.

Work week is officially done! Total hours was 64.7. Got to bank a bit over 21 hours over the last two weeks. Bit bragging about that, and try to use it to explain the shoddiness of my work this week. Then again, I did try to put the tea mug onto the kettle's stand and wear fuzzy slippers to go to the grocery store. So there may be something to that whole exhaustion thing. But, I've basically earned two full days of vacation time that I can use now. When we're not busy. Sometime next fall.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

How do you help a friend who thinks they’re garbage, but they’re actually a really great person??? 

I appreciate you being an amazing friend to that person. It's so impossibly hard to feel like you're worth that kind of friendship when you're struggling like that.

10 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Oh man, that's tough. 

It's going to vary so much by the person, too - not everyone has the same needs.

My experience with self esteem is that you can't fix someone else's self esteem....

You were right all the way though, friend. 15 years and I'm still working on childhood struggles. Some days are harder than others. Some days, you know what, I made a little progress and that's okay. Other days can be tough and send me into a quick spiral before I even see it coming.

Today was a quickly spiraling day and it took a lot of work to turn it around. But without my love nearby, sometimes those days are just too hard. It's so tough, trying so hard and feeling like there wasn't any improvement when you mess up again. Even though that exact line of thinking is the problem -- messing up is okay.

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The 

Oh no, dang mobile cropped all of it. Anyways, we're here for you, and we know you'll make the best choice for you! <3

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Instead, the alcohol content of the air I have been breathing has been higher than normal.

I wanted to laugh, cry, and thank you for that expensive story!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

By the same person?

35 minutes ago, Arkady said:

I do hope you have a toddler, and it was just another Thursday.

By two different children. The first was a baby I care for at work. The second was my baby, which is arguably worse, because I can’t call the parents and send her home. I AM the parent! THIS is home! I gotta clean up puke!!!

Its fine, really, once I got the puke out of my boobs. 

And thank you guys for your supportive and kind words about helping my friend.

• Like 15

Oh darn it, the quoted text got lost again!

@Glitterwolf. Those desserts look amazing and I may have to try the mon chou pue and the biscuit cake they look and sound wonderful!

and those green beans make me want some right now even though its breakfast time and I don't even like green beans!! 

@redambrosia. You are working with kids.  Bodily fluids are a job hazard!  By the first kid I learned not to reflexively puke in response.  by the second, I cot much more efficient at evasion! :lol:

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

And thank you guys for your supportive and kind words about helping my friend.

Time patience love and support are all important.  Letting them know you are proud of them for trying can be just as important as celebrating their accomplishments.  Sometimes the most important thing is to recognize someone for getting back up after having fallen time and again 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Were you aware that the following happened on May 14th?

• 1607 – Jamestown, Virginia was settled as an English colony.

• 1796 – British physician and scientist Edward Jenner administered the first smallpox inoculation.

• 1973 – Skylab, the United States' first space station, was launched.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Oh darn it, the quoted text got lost again!

@Glitterwolf. Those desserts look amazing and I may have to try the mon chou pue and the biscuit cake they look and sound wonderful!

and those green beans make me want some right now even though its breakfast time and I don't even like green beans!!

Funny thing is we Dutch don't eat that for dessert.

We eat that during an afternoon Coffee or an Evening coffee.

The good part is that that means we can still have another dessert after dinner. ::P:

Dutch is Smartz!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Yeah, the Dutch have the right dessert(s) for every meal!

.. great, now I need to figure out where I can get proper chocoladehagel puur this side of Venlo (I'm pretty sure that'd be the shortest drive to a Dutch city for me, and unfortunately I live nowhere near* the Ruhrpott) before breakfast tomorrow.

Hmm, they did open a HEMA at the train station a while back. Maybe their hagelslag selection is better than the somewhat lackluster dropjes (and non-existent vla) section. Time for some grocery shopping. Hey, I should see if they have stroopwafels while I'm at it!

* not just by European standards, mind; seriously, even a Texan wouldn't say it's just a long commute

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Got the results from my finals.

Then collpased for a few minutes. 91 and 94. i passed.

I don't know which is bigger, how much these mattered to me or how little the last few years of classes mattered. It was nerve wracking.

Now to sort through and pick next classes.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Is this up or down from your normal daily average?  :poke:

Up, actually. See, there’s a difference between spit up (the little urps that small babies do after eating) and genuine vomit. Spit ups are no big deal, but vomit... yikes!

Anyway, last night was rough, but Sephy is feeling better finally. She’s finally able to keep fluids down, and I’ve given her crackers for breakfast.

At some point I’ll be allowed to sleep <_<

• Like 12