Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby surprised me by letting me know when I had woken up he had bought me two giant boxes of minis...  Core Set for Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings, as well as the W'adrhun Warband box too. 

Yeah, that's a lovely surprise to say the least, especially since I've been agonizing over whether to get paint or minis, and so sneaky hubby was all "ha, made decision for you!" 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Time to go do battle with the lawn. If I'm never heard from again, it's been nice knowing you all.

DIBS on the MINIS!

I mean, be careful out there Brother Wolf!

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Change is scary. The important thing is preparing as best you can and doing everything in your power to make sure that your course of action is seen through. 

Sephy had a fever last night that was bad enough that we took her to the emergency room. She felt better last night, but her fever came back over night.

Thanks!

I hope Sephy feels better soon!

Today's Menu at WOOF HQ:

Basmati Rice

Satey Ajam

Chicken with veggies, cashews and Kecap/Sesame Sauce

Assorted Prawn and Cassave Crackers

Satey Sauce

Sambal Badjak

Javaantjes.

20210515_174357.jpg.da22263f548e0da5feeae248aa051a34.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Rhode Islanders are the worst - you can literally drive around the entire circumference of their state in under an hour and a half, and yet they refuse to leave it because CT is "out-of-state"... There was even an old car dealership commercial making fun of how people who live two minutes from the state line won't cross it to go somewhere two minutes on the other side... :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

You can lose Rhode Island in San Bernardino County and a number of other counties across the nation.

GEM

I had to look this up.

There are ~41~ Counties in Texas alone, that are bigger than Rhode Island.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, TGP said:

I had to look this up.

There are ~41~ Counties in Texas alone, that are bigger than Rhode Island.

Mahlner county in Oregon takes up about a quarter of the state and has maybe... 10% of the population? You might remember it when those "Good 'ol Boys" took over a government facility a few years ago. It was quite fun helping people send them "marital aids." :devil:

And my loathing for USPS is at an all-time high. There's two different kinds of "agents" a package can be delivered to: one around your home and one that's actually an employee of, or at least working for, USPS. I *thought* the "Agent" it had been delivered to was my apartment manager. She thankfully called me back to tell me it wasn't her. I re-checked all THREE tracking numbers and they're all suppose to be delivered today. Plus another one. I really hate how they can't be clear about "someone has it" and "we still have it." I think it really upsets me that they were all marked "Delivered." I've made quite a few angry phone calls to shipping companies saying: DO NOT TELL ME IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED WHEN IT HASN'T! Because I deal with all sorts of fun things, including Porch Pirates, and take that stuff very seriously. Like, just don't lie to me. I once had a package marked "Delivered" for three days but it was still on a truck somewhere. With the housing crisis getting bad, as well as what was happening downtown last year, there's a lot of bad people in this area now, so I'm going to assume the worst. I just... I don't need the stress, thank you very Elfing much!

• Sad 12

12 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Mahlner county in Oregon takes up about a quarter of the state and has maybe... 10% of the population? You might remember it when those "Good 'ol Boys" took over a government facility a few years ago. It was quite fun helping people send them "marital aids." :devil:

And my loathing for USPS is at an all-time high. There's two different kinds of "agents" a package can be delivered to: one around your home and one that's actually an employee of, or at least working for, USPS. I *thought* the "Agent" it had been delivered to was my apartment manager. She thankfully called me back to tell me it wasn't her. I re-checked all THREE tracking numbers and they're all suppose to be delivered today. Plus another one. I really hate how they can't be clear about "someone has it" and "we still have it." I think it really upsets me that they were all marked "Delivered." I've made quite a few angry phone calls to shipping companies saying: DO NOT TELL ME IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED WHEN IT HASN'T! Because I deal with all sorts of fun things, including Porch Pirates, and take that stuff very seriously. Like, just don't lie to me. I once had a package marked "Delivered" for three days but it was still on a truck somewhere. With the housing crisis getting bad, as well as what was happening downtown last year, there's a lot of bad people in this area now, so I'm going to assume the worst. I just... I don't need the stress, thank you very Elfing much!

Get a PO Box if your porch situation is this bad..?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Time to go do battle with the lawn. 

Well, after a grueling yet gloriously hard fought battle, I can claim........a draw.

Things started off well. Deathroller the ever-hungry, with it's freshly sharpened blades and I managed to take the foe by surprise. The front yard fell quickly. The strip of lawn between the sidewalk and road soon followed. The side yard put up a more spirited defense, especially the part with the slight hill and along the fence line. No matter, I thought. I unleashed the power of Doom Whip the Mighty ( my weed whacker. What, don't you guys give your stuff cool sounding names? I need to make this chore fun somehow...). The side yard fell to Doom Whip in short order. Suddenly, the backyard launched a vicious counter attack; it was a bloodbath! The enemy fed itself to Deathroller in a never ending wave, seeking to bury the valiant machine and I in bodies. (I may have waited a little too long before mowing; the grass back there was too long and thick for the mower to be able to handle it.) I took up Doom Whip and returned to the fray. It was slow going, but I managed to turn my small toehold into a foothold; the field of the fallen was slowly expanding! 

Then, disaster struck.

I ran out of line for the the weed whacker.

At this point, I decided to call it a day; I was definitely going to need a shower before I could go to the store and get more line, and I wasn't interested in getting clean and then coming home and getting all sweaty and grungy again. Besides, the back yard is fenced in, so nobody can see it. The visible areas look good again, which was my main goal.

I had dealt the beast a mighty blow, and it was grievously injured. I'll be able to finish it off next time.

But it's still out there, mocking me. 

And I can hear it...growing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, after a grueling yet gloriously hard fought battle, I can claim........a draw.

Things started off well. Deathroller the ever-hungry, with it's freshly sharpened blades and I managed to take the foe by surprise. The front yard fell quickly. The strip of lawn between the sidewalk and road soon followed. The side yard put up a more spirited defense, especially the part with the slight hill and along the fence line. No matter, I thought. I unleashed the power of Doom Whip the Mighty ( my weed whacker. What, don't you guys give your stuff cool sounding names? I need to make this chore fun somehow...). The side yard fell to Doom Whip in short order. Suddenly, the backyard launched a vicious counter attack; it was a bloodbath! The enemy fed itself to Deathroller in a never ending wave, seeking to bury the valiant machine and I in bodies. (I may have waited a little too long before mowing; the grass back there was too long and thick for the mower to be able to handle it.) I took up Doom Whip and returned to the fray. It was slow going, but I managed to turn my small toehold into a foothold; the field of the fallen was slowly expanding! 

Then, disaster struck.

I ran out of line for the the weed whacker.

At this point, I decided to call it a day; I was definitely going to need a shower before I could go to the store and get more line, and I wasn't interested in getting clean and then coming home and getting all sweaty and grungy again. Besides, the back yard is fenced in, so nobody can see it. The visible areas look good again, which was my main goal.

I had dealt the beast a mighty blow, and it was grievously injured. I'll be able to finish it off next time.

But it's still out there, mocking me. 

And I can hear it...growing.

Well fought!

This reminds me, I should get the scythe - with the brush blade - and knock down some of the grass in the front before it gets taller than I am.

And maybe clear out some of the periwinkle. 

I don't generally bother; tall grass is decent cover for abandoned packages. But the periwinkle gets greedy and needs to be disciplined. :/

Ground is really too uneven here for most of the little mowers, and I'm pretty sure the last owners kept it down with a riding mower. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

What, don't you guys give your stuff cool sounding names?

Don't even get me started on the Kitchen Towel of Berserk Mosquito Slaying and painting the town, or a least that one wall in the holiday apartment, red. The hard way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

There seems to be more and more mini places that have 'alternate' versions of Sisters of Battle and Slaaneshi these days, it's hard to keep track of them all.

I may have sent Jen a link to Raging Heroes, for if she ever decides to expand her army.

I blame the interconnection between the Sisters of Battle and Slaanesh on Mr. Blance.

And I imagine that this O! Canada Spycraft game cleaves very much to the stereotype of what people think Canada is. ^_^

Well, the person that ran it was from Canada (New Brunswick) - and moved back there quite some time ago - so it was at least not quite stereotypical as some might be. (One of our jobs involved the Film Board of Canada, a magical duel took place at Canadian Tire, during a yearly sale - literally hundreds of witnesses.... Apparently the yearly sales at Canadian Tire are really big things?)

The adventure I best remember, after all this time was titled 'One of Our Zambonis is Missing' - and involved an incursion of winter fae. (And was how Jen's 'French Maid' was introduced to the team.)

Good lord! Just looked up how long ago - Eric ran the game back in 2006.... Eric is also who I learned about Radical jack Durham from - when the Canadian colonies were looking to go the same way as the ones that became the US, the British Crown sent Jack Durham, with the Army, the Navy, and full authority to do as he deemed necessary to maintain Canada as part of the Commonwealth....

What he deemed necessary was to meet the captured leaders of the rebels as they sat in prison, and hammer out a compromise.

Beginning negotiations with 'You're right, this isn't fair, let's fix it' pretty much declawed the rebellion - and gave Canada its Parliament.

He single handedly prevented a whole lot of very exciting history from ever happening.

I still listen to Great Big Sea because of it.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I may have sent Jen a link to Raging Heroes, for if she ever decides to expand her army.

I blame the interconnection between the Sisters of Battle and Slaanesh on Mr. Blance.

may want to advise her against getting the basic "mantis warriors" (demonettes) they do. the claw arms are so thin as to be useless. the big claws thin down to a tiny little wrist that just breaks if you look at it funny

• Like 6