Sign in to follow this  
Degare

Lizard Man (repaint)

A significant  improvement. Love the  introduction of red to the skin. Always shows that the sculpts under the prepaints are pretty good. 

• Like 2

What a difference! Great choices on bringing out the red and dulling down the braclets etc. Great skin!

Looks great! Huge improvement over the original. Did you strip it or just paint over the original paint job?

• Thanks 1

I just painted over the original (a thin layer of flat grey to even out the colors, then just painted as normal).

Not a ton of detail loss, even without stripping.

Fantastic job, so much better than "official"!  I vote for repaint the rest of the box if the results will look this good!

• Like 1

Did another repaint of a figure. Tried to keep him as much alike the original as possible. I did not (against my better judgement) add any putty to fill in the cracks, nor did I file off any flash. My intention was to just simply repaint the figure "as is" to see how much better I'd fare.

(Edit:  click on the photo for a full-sized non-fuzzy image)

render.thumb.jpg.ee8bfdac8fb6a56bbef8e2383795bb6c.jpg

It's rather difficult to tell in the photos (at least, I think) - but I did fade out a fleshy pink color from his muzzle, nostrils, under his eyes, his palms, and his groin. In my version, I took a photo of his back as well - as I put (very faint) mottled striping along it to help break up the surface... His eyes I choose a weird paint - they should glow under a black light (I don't have one to try it out, though).

I also noticed when I started that the paint they used for the original was a glossy paint. I decided that I would paint him like skin, which (unless sweating) is not glossy. The shine you see in the photo (at least on my attempt) is primarily due to the bright light at a close distance (see: table lamp)... Not counting the inside of his mouth, on his teeth, and at the very edge of where his lip would be - which has applied both a triple thick glaze, and "Uhu" glue.

I know the intention was to paint it "as is" - but when I finished painting him, the large empty base was simply too tempting, so I put a bit of basic terrain down for him. I like to imagine him stomping across a meadow.

PS.  My ranger is totally going to attempt to tame him, and I shall call him "Snuggles".
Edited by Degare
  • Like 5

IMG_0140.JPG.780e2bbce0ab428e12d892a03e93c584.JPG

Next guy in the "repaint" box.  

I tried to make him "dirty silver" - but not put any metallic paint on him.

I don't love him, but I don't hate him either.

• Like 4