• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By simmonsgareth42
      A Vitreous Drinker I sculpted from fimo air drying clay.

Thanks for looking.

• By Nightwing
      Here is the Druid from the Grenadier Wizards box set, this one sans dart. Very simple garb on this guy. 

I don’t know what to think of this guy. He looks very 1st-level, compared to the Druid with Dart. His sword doesn't even have a cross-guard. How anyone can sword fight in those Smurf-like robes escapes me as well. I think this guy has a lot to learn. 

• By Nightwing
      This is the Druid with Dart from the Grenadier Wizards box set. The mini originally had a tiny little limp carrot-looking dart in his hand, which i always hated. I took the liberty of replacing it with something a bit more substantial. 

My daughter came up with the entire color scheme. I sometimes ask her to pick out the colors when i have no idea what to do. 

I don't know what the little critter perched on his staff is. Maybe some kind of little lizard friend? Or maybe just something carved on the staff?  Oh well. 

• By Rainbow Sculptor
      Hey guys! It feels like it's been too long and I miss you all! I received the sculpting assignment for the Brinewind Expansion Doxie figures and I'm excited to post a follow along thread to share my process!

These were really interesting figures. I received the concept art (done by the amazing Izzy "Talin" Collier) and began discussing with the art director some of the major changes that would need to be made. Mainly, we didn't want the orc character attached to the bed. She would be fun to play as an NPC or a PC and we didn't want to limit her usefulness for gamers by having her attached to the terrain piece. Izzy had already provided an alternate pose sketch for her so we are going with that. The more refined piece is still SUPER useful for costuming, attitude, facial expression, and general demeanor of the character. 

One of the things I really love about Izzy's art is that she communicates the personality and archetype of the figure SO well. I can imagine how this girl moves, how she talks, what she would like/not like. This is such a great skill to have as a concept artist because when the project gets handed to the sculptor major elements might need to be changed for any number of  production reasons. Even if I have to adjust major elements of the figure I can do so with a solid idea of what would fit with the character's personality. 
      I love this drawing so much! haha They're all great but this one really seemed like a lot of fun. Ron explained that the bed was made of salvaged ship parts (an idea I absolutely loved) and I think it'll be fun for people to find all the little elements throughout.
      Some of the body type influences for this figure were Kim K., Marilyn Monroe, and body builders. Here's where I was at after studying those references and creating a ZSphere rig that I was happy with.
       I moved the right arm to rest on her hip because I was struggling to figure out how she would rest her elbow on her lowered hip without looking unnatural/awkward. I felt like this had a good flow so I started building some musculature to make sure that the body type I was envisioning would still work in this pose. Turns out that I needed to adjust the right arm because I hadn't left enough space to build up the hip area but that was a simple adjustment. I made the arm a separate subtool by masking and splitting it from the rest of the body (dynameshing both resulting pieces) so that I could adjust it in the future as necessary without too much hassle. (https://i.postimg.cc/44V546hB/Orc-Doxie-WIP-1-5.jpg) Linked for nudity.
      On review we realized this was way too similar to the pose of another character from the KS so that right arm was going to have to change. We tossed around a few options. Maybe have that arm raised behind her head, hand in her hair. Arm down just hanging, this felt too lackluster. Elbow bent resting her hand on her chest, this looked too dainty to suit her personality. Tugging at the corner of her corset to entice a client, good but not great. We decided on having her pulling up her skirts to show a little extra leg. This seemed to suit her demeanor/approach to sales well and maintained a good flow to the composition so I reposed the arm and blocked in some basic forms.

...and that's where we end day 1. I spent the first half of the day gathering reference and working on concepts for other projects so this really only represents about a half day of work on this figure but so far I'm liking how she's coming together. Thanks for checking it out, i'll see you guys again tomorrow!

• By lazarp
      I liked painting this figure, did it for a friend from my d&d party. He's using it as his half-elf druid. We are both happy with it overall 
      Hope you like it too! 

I also tried fiddling with lighting and a background for the first time so if you have any tips on what I could have done better with the photos please share :)
      Thanks for looking!
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)