14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good job, he looks dangerous!

I like how the weapon has a realistic colour, military guns are usually black, you covered that well.

They can be rather dangerous, doubly so that they're able to conceal their presence on the table.  Here's a quick breakdown on a few abilities they have:

• Holoprojection level 2: In english, this lets them conceal themselves as another light infantry unit (level 1's ability), as three Ayyar (level 2's ability, two are holographic decoys), or at the shenanigan level of three infantry of the same type (say, as three basic line troopers).  The third option has extra rules, but if you're deploying first it can provide for some interesting shenanigans (the gig is up partially at the start of your first turn, where one of the three models must get a "holo-projection" marker placed next to it)
  • Shock Marksman Rifle: this is a decent medium ranged weapon, getting a +3 bonus in the 8-24" range band, and the shock ammo will take most light infantry off the board if wounded
  • Dual Viral Pistols: the close range weapon they carry (they're +3 to hit from 0-8") has a nasty side-effect to it - for every wound they make, two rolls must be taken (so if both pistols hit, that's four rolls).  Viral ammo also has that lovely insta-kill against a lot of light infantry

In short, from what I've read, they tend to kill whatever they aim their rifle at, but they're also a rather risky play: if they're revealed on the opponent's team, they tend to be lit up.  If it's your active turn, they tend to be played rather aggressively in order to capitalize on their unique abilities, and then hidden around a corner where they can't be seen, in order to reset their holoprojector (if out of enemy range, they can bring two holoprojections into play at the end of the active turn).

In most instances, swearing tends to be a reaction to them being revealed, as they're usually rather effective at being murder machines.

The rifle is done in Midnight Black, oddly enough, with a drybrush of Void Blue on top I think.  Figuring out a colour for the weapon was one of the hardest things to work out, since I wanted something that would be different than the cloak, separate itself from the armour, but also have that relatively realistic look to it, so I'm glad in the end it came out looking like such ^_^

8 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Looks great! The reddish orange really stands out and I love the dust effects on the edge of the cloak.

Many thanks!  I'm glad that it came out well!  I'd originally gone in too heavily with the wash for such, and tried to hastily clean up some of the excess, so I'm rather happy that the slight splotchyness that came about because of such helps with the effect ^_^

• Like 3
9 hours ago, IonikKnight said:

Your paint job is to good. I must confiscate your brushes to protect the feelz of all the fumblefingers out there (like me). ::D:

Believe it or not, most of the work I do on my miniatures is done with Winsor and Newton Scepter II Golds, typically of the 101 (round) and 606 line (flat) lines.  Like any synthetic (or hybrid) brush, they can and will hook over time, but since they still hold a point when doing such I wind up turning any brush that does such into a crevice or tight area brush, so they're still used regularly. 

Come to think of it, I get my dry brushes from Dollarama, I think in $2 packs, possible $2.50 for a few (four or five). 

My Winsor and Newton Series 7 usually only sees use for smaller details, because I find that the size 0 doesn't quite hold as much paint as I'd like, which is why I'm looking at getting some larger brushes in that line... I do like the Series 7, but I've slowly been gaining a preference for larger brushes for most of my work, and will probably be moving over to have size 1 and 2 as my main brushes. 

Many thanks for the compliment, but I'm definitely keeping my brushes.. Although I have been known to take up the finger painting RPChallenge on occasion, as it's a fun challenge to do! ^_^

Additional playful response to brush confiscation: I have even more in the mail headed my way, odd as such may sound (I'm slowly working up to three sets - one for priming and terrain, one for my detail stuff, and one for larger scale miniatures... Coincidentally, each set being at its own desk...) 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      A Hellcat Hacker for my Corregidor Nomads team for Infinity. 

• By WhiteWulfe
      So, a little over a year ago I got my paws on a decent amount of MDF terrain, specifically with the goal of using it to build up a nice Infinity board.  After narrowing it down, I wound up ordering some things from Warsenal as well as Global Evil Corp.  Warsenal was because I loved the look of their Cosmica Line, and Global Evil Corp because I absolutely love kerf cuts and the fact they utilized such to have ROUNDED CORNERS on buildings.  Oh yeah, and the sliding windows and doors gimmick was a pretty big draw too.

Last month my goal was to get it all primed, because I was tired of the raw MDF, plus I wanted to use it as inspiration to keep moving on my Infinity miniatures...  This month I'm going to see what can be

^Let's just say there's a semi-reasonable amount of terrain involved....

^An okay amount for a diverse, two level 15 point (Code One) or 150 point (N4) field, although I could use a few more options...

But definitely not much in the way of full on variety for a full on 30 point (Code One) or 300 point (N4) 4x4' table.

^Before I forget, this is what attaches on to that cube frame.  Looks so much nicer built up, even if I uh, haven't built the last panel yet due to lack of space on the desk.

~
      Anyways, they've been raw MDF for far too long in my opinion, so let's get things staged over by the airbrush....

^Mr Hobby Mr.Almighty clips are rather handy....

^And primed.  Yup, classic black primer with a white "zenithal" (for lack of better words) across things.

^After a few hours, we now have this.  Okay, stage is set, but it feels like something is missing....

^Aha, looking a lot better.  Initially I was going to try and go crazy on the colours for the exterior, but hubby and I just like the basic light kinda blue colour we've got going, so onwards to accents...
      (Colours used: Mission Models Blue, with a small amount of black added in, as well as a reasonable amount of white - goal was for a bit of a greyish blue, and while I didn't quite get it how I wanted, eh, close enough and we like it)

^Decided to show the roof progress a little more in depth here, partially because I remember @Kangaroorex inquiring about the opacity of those Wicked Colours Opaque colours.  The Dioxazine Purple I think was five drops of colour with two drops of Vallejo Thinner Medium, and on the right I had a moderately wet hybrid brush that was dipped into paint, and then traced along.  Not sure what happened on the right side, but somehow I managed to go almost all the way around without running out of paint, but I also wasn't able to repeat it, although it was only a few inches before it started becoming see through.  I'll still try to remember to do an actual test over white paper with print at some point.

^Now, as for those roofs...  Sure, I could mask things, or even create a airbrush template, and I might still, but at the same time...  The basic blocks have been laid down, with Wicked Opaque Pthalo Blue on the inner triangle like bits, Wicked Opaque Pyrrole Orange on the inner thin line, and Wicked Opaque Dioxazine Purple on the outer line.

What's the current plan?  Well, naturally I'm going to get the basic colours laid down on the rest of the items, but I'm going to test out Pthalo Blue on a roof section to see what thoughts are.  Originally, the two lines that go around each building were going to be orange, but after a quick though they're going to be purple.  Warsenal stuff will see more oranges and reds, as well as purples to them, at least that's the current main plan ^_^;;;
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/corvusbelli/infinity-defiance?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
         Infinity Defiance is a dungeon crawler board game with high-quality metal miniatures that are fully compatible with the Infinity Tabletop Skirmish Game. This new co-op game from Corvus Belli involves a deeply immersive narrative component in which you are the protagonist.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      I found this guy sitting unassembled in a box while I was cleaning. So I built and painted him even though I stopped playing infinity years ago. 

And a shot of him next to my old skiavoros

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)