Sign in to follow this  
Reaper_Jon

PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

Any word on how many pieces it is? Just curious! 

Also, that is one lovely looking ship! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Any word on how many pieces it is? Just curious! 

Also, that is one lovely looking ship! 

@WhiteWulfe it came in a lot of pieces to us from being printed, but the final production copy i do not know how many. I can guess. :) all the cannons will come separate, and the portcullis doors, the mast will be there own thing? (probably in two pieces) each of the decks (might be split in half?) not sure, there is still a lot to do! People way smarter than me, when they engineer the molds we will find out! 

• Like 7

I know that this may seem like a given, but just to be on the "safe" side, you guys need to make sure that the factory doesn't pre-glue any of the pieces please!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

So, stupid question, but with the plans of a translucent ship wouldn't the connecting points between the pieces be super visible? Looking at other Reaper kits, the tabs to connect pieces with are usually quite large and those would show up as lumbs of weird material density, wouldn't it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nunae said:

So, stupid question, but with the plans of a translucent ship wouldn't the connecting points between the pieces be super visible? Looking at other Reaper kits, the tabs to connect pieces with are usually quite large and those would show up as lumbs of weird material density, wouldn't it?

Good point.  I'd hate any of my, like 3, transparent spectral green (please!) ships to have cloudy chunks visible throughout...

• Like 2

Jaws looks at that thing and says, I’m gonna need a bigger mouth 

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Jaws looks at that thing and says, I’m gonna need a bigger mouth 

We need a bigger Kraken model now.

Sir Cyr looked at this and went "it isn't a miniature, it is a centerpiece".

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

OK, so I'm down to the last couple of hundred that I'm considering throwing at this KS. And 100 of that is for a second ship. I was seriously considering just saying "meh, one is probably enough."

But now I'm wondering if I'm going to need 3 or more? I mean, it's only really going to be a challenge to paint once right? After you get one done you just copy what you did the first time with some minor changes and painting them should get faster and faster. And I can probably just sell a single painted one online to recoup my costs, right?

Please note: these are just rhetorical questions that I'm using to talk myself into buying another one.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2