PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

5 hours ago, haldir said:

That is true but at the time hard to find decent looking giant octopi without spending more then I would have liked.

I still might run that adventure., someday.

since i mainly end up DM'ing wild planescape campaigns, most creatures, settings dont have models or terrain to use so i just use cardboard flat bases/templates the size i want.  "this rectangle here looks like this, but its 100 ft tall" etc (and i show the image from the monster manual/art work) hehe

sanjay

• Like 2
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to put this here for everyone to see it kind of plainly! These were shown off last night on ReaperLive, Sculpted by Chris Lewis, he did an amazing job he really out did himself. This is a

Hello all,  There has been discussion on the cannon subject here at Reaper. First: The ship will now come with 20 cannons. second: We are ordering more of just the cannons to be sold as a pack

Well I finally caved and bought the ship. At $125 (I'm a late backer) that is far more than I would ever normally spend on a "toy" but knowing that it might never come to retail, and that I would ther

Posted Images

13 hours ago, buckyball said:

I was thinking nylon fishing line for the rigging and waxpaper sails. But plastic wrap would be more clear. I may have to experiment with that. If I could shape the plastic wrap then varnish it so that it is a little opaque that might work better.

buckyball

Mono filament is fishing line.  Thinking on it you might need a fan to make the plastic wrap sails look right.

• Like 2

Having heard the rumors about the ship not hitting retail...

Would it work as a downloadable model for 3D printing, instead of physical retail, rather than letting the model sink below the waves?

It might be a way for Reaper to recoup costs, without pricing it out of the market. (Says the person who shares seven digital ship models with his wife.)

I would not mind seeing the ruins from Dragons Don't Share being sold that same way, either.

The Auld Grump

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Would it work as a downloadable model for 3D printing, instead of physical retail, rather than letting the model sink below the waves?

It might be a way for Reaper to recoup costs, without pricing it out of the market. (Says the person who shares seven digital ship models with his wife.)

I would not mind seeing the ruins from Dragons Don't Share being sold that same way, either.

The Auld Grump

This is a fantastic idea. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 12/30/2020 at 12:50 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

I like this idea too.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lexomatic said:

Did anyone at Reaper check the glow in the dark ship after painting? Would be good to know how it survives ink and paint.

Do they even have a single painted ship done? Either regular or glow-in-the-dark.

Even the box models are currently unpainted.

• Like 2

I imagine a thin wash would still allow a lot of the phosphorescence to activate and show through. But much more than that, and you might as well have gotten the grey one. 

Would be interesting to see some creative applications of those Citadel technical glow paints, that glow under a black light. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that would actually work fairly well. Overbrush/dry brush a brown, then a lighter dry brush of a light tan or grey to give it an aged wood look, and it might work out really well.  Look like green magic glow shining between the boards.

It’ll be interesting to see some paint jobs posted once people get them. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

In anticipation of my pirate ship arriving, I am beginning to think about transporting it. It's perfect for my D&D game right now, and when we all feel comfortable meeting in person again, I'd like to bust this out on the table. Just wondered if anyone is in the planning stages like me and if there are better ideas than a soft foam lined cardboard box?

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, crowsandbones said:

In anticipation of my pirate ship arriving, I am beginning to think about transporting it. It's perfect for my D&D game right now, and when we all feel comfortable meeting in person again, I'd like to bust this out on the table. Just wondered if anyone is in the planning stages like me and if there are better ideas than a soft foam lined cardboard box?

Trailer attached to the hitch on a truck? >.>

• Haha 7
3 hours ago, crowsandbones said:

My default system involves Really Useful Boxes, but I’m not sure that it will fit even diagonally in the largest RUB. Have to check some measurements....

• Like 3
On 1/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, crowsandbones said:

I think a lot of us are first going to go through the phase where we wonder "What the elf were we thinking?" as we fully realize how big the ship is.

Until I get mine in hand and I dry fit it, I dare not make any plans.

• Like 2