PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Adrift said:

I’d like to actually mount one of my ships as a hood ornament for my truck, but I’m concerned about loss of visibility. 

Mount your truck on the pirate ship then. We all know how big it is.

• Haha 8

Reaper Bones 5 is a brilliant KS, and I am glad I convinced my wife to back it… but it was the ship that actually convinced her. We are looking forward to several of the figures in our pledge but the anticipation is nothing in comparison to how excited we are for the ship.

Rather than a pirate ship, we are going to use it as a naval frigate but I am undecided on colors. 

I have been trying to figure out how I can modify the masts to be more historically accurate even though I realize that will impact ease of gameplay. 

Anyone else considering such customization work?

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm thinking about keeping it or selling it...

Part of me is yelling "Hey I didn't pick that ship because of storage, but our new attic is done and I know just where to place it!"

The other part is "do you know what that attic cost? you should not be spending more!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm thinking about keeping it or selling it...

Isn't that the case of everything we own? Hobby or otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pirate ship doesn't need the boat plug anyway! Whoo! 😁

Update #122:

We told you guys in the last update that you would need a "Boat Plug" to prevent sagging foredecks on the Pirate Ship and the Ghost Pirate Ship. Turns out, we were basing this on our engineering samples, and that our factory overseas had already discovered the issue. They then corrected the error by inserting a rib across the deck and *poof*, just like that, problem solved. No more sagging decks. It appears that the communication regarding this fell through the cracks. We're sorry if we caused anyone any angst. Again, we won't be sending out Boat Plugs, as they are NOT needed.

Edited by Guyra
  • Like 3

I'm trying to share info with friends here, does anyone recall in which video they demonstrated removing the deck and such?

And in some video's they remove the masts with magnets, I assume they don't come pre-delivered with magnets right? just a great idea to do? 🙂 

• Like 1

They do come with the magnets.

think the magnets are molded inside the base of the masts. (Actually more that there is a plastic cap glued in under the magnet.) But, I don’t have a ship in hand, yet, so maybe a few details are wrong. 

The figurehead isn’t set up for magnets, but many people are planning to utilize magnets to be able to swap figureheads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 7/1/2021 at 10:06 AM, Venun said:

I'm trying to share info with friends here, does anyone recall in which video they demonstrated removing the deck and such?

And in some video's they remove the masts with magnets, I assume they don't come pre-delivered with magnets right? just a great idea to do? 🙂 

Someone on the FB group posted the answer to my question on the decks, I'll paste the photo's here.

They put the Stygian Barge next to it to compare size.

Edit: and they confirmed it came with the magnets in the masts ❤️ 

image.thumb.png.ade5f136068a1d2eec5ec2194fe4ccb3.png

image.thumb.png.ea061c9c36799164daae391f67a04347.png

Edited by Venun
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
25 minutes ago, Grumpy Gnome said:

What Are folks doing for good looking but relatively inexpensive cannons to equip the ship?

they'll come with 26 of them, so not sure if you'll need a huge amount more, but I think Reaper said they'll sell packs of them as well (but not sure if that's still the plan since they upped the number they're giving us). You an also find some good STL files for cannons if you have a 3D printer.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

they'll come with 26 of them, so not sure if you'll need a huge amount more, but I think Reaper said they'll sell packs of them as well (but not sure if that's still the plan since they upped the number they're giving us). You an also find some good STL files for cannons if you have a 3D printer.

Oh, the ship comes with cannons? That is good news. I thought it did back when we pledged but then I have not seen any in the pictures folks have been posting so I thought it had changed. Reaper should definitely sell more separately though as I have other projects that could use decent cannons and I am not a big fan of 3d printing.

Edited by Grumpy Gnome
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Grumpy Gnome said:

Oh, the ship comes with cannons? That is good news. I thought it did back when we pledged but then I have not seen any in the pictures folks have been posting so I thought it had changed. Reaper should definitely sell more separately though as I have other projects that could use decent cannons and I am not a big fan of 3d printing.

Yeah, definitely comes with a bunch! There was a point they said it was going to come with... 13? can't remember, but then they realized that it wasn't nearly enough and decided to up how many we'd be getting.

Here's one of the forum member's box opening, specifically where he opens the cannons: https://youtu.be/ocSHu-B1a-A?t=463

Should take you right to where he's pulling them out!

• Like 1