PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

On 7/21/2021 at 9:48 AM, crowsandbones said:

I've been looking for a decent cheap air brush for this same reason, might scoop one up today on the way home. I'm not looking for perfection, just something to get this big pirate ship primed once it gets here.

You can get a decent cheapie off of bay of E for around 12 dollars (free shipping too). I got it to replace the cheap one I got from Harbor freight. :lol: I'm only intending to use it to apply clear coats on models.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assembled my Sophie’s revenge… though  am thinking of calling her “Witchcraft”…

some thoughts. 

fairly easy assembly… but…

hatches… any hatch cover that has something above it, is hard to fit, and has to be in a “half open” state as it can’t full open… so I did not add all the hatches…

cannons… the cannons themselves are pretty cool… but… you can’t put them on both sides of the gun deck… you have to remove the upper deck to put the cannons, as they won’t fit just though the hatches. So to get them In to the gun hatches you have to tilt the ship and squeeze them in… you can’t do this to both sides as one side would always have to be elevated. 

this is why all 20 cannons are on my upper decks. 

here are some photos. One with Sir pug-scale… (Zoey) who is 15… 

94C4A5C4-25BD-4D28-8A04-5A7EF6319EDF.jpeg

50A35A19-972C-42F1-95B1-2F4313A93FEB.jpeg

47DABD87-DF46-4531-8CBA-F32F8EA33150.jpeg

04494D75-E520-4C52-AF4F-DB25303FB710.jpeg

03BEBFBD-3A77-45E2-B4A6-7524D94CFB77.jpeg

13307D52-D9BF-4E70-BC75-2039BCB83376.jpeg

E3184DFA-04AC-4053-9E0A-024AC2F245D0.jpeg

79D8549D-C31E-4C70-AC35-74886838C80E.jpeg

• Like 10

edit to above, 

the gun hatches are still a pain if there is something above them, but... it was pointed out to me that i had assembled them backwards... so they do fit... just it takes some effort on some of them.

• Like 3

anyone have suggestions for boiling or adjusting the main section of the ghost ship or finding a way to cool it other than using a bathtub?  the upper hull is curved inwards too far and doesnt line up with the lower piece.  I will probably try careful use of a Heat gun on low setting but i was wondering if any one else had the problem and how they might have solved it?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

anyone have suggestions for boiling or adjusting the main section of the ghost ship or finding a way to cool it other than using a bathtub?  the upper hull is curved inwards too far and doesnt line up with the lower piece.  I will probably try careful use of a Heat gun on low setting but i was wondering if any one else had the problem and how they might have solved it?

I own a large stock cooking pot, so I know I can fit many parts of the ship in mine. But for the cooling, I just plan on letting it cool down slowly and undisturbed instead of the ice bath shock treatment.

But first things first: Inspect the state of the ship. And I probably won't even do it until much later this week.

• Like 2

I can't seem to work out how the anchor attatches to the ship.... and am wondering if I am missing a part - for instance there is a hole in the anchor head but nothing to go into it... anyone have a pic of all the anchor/anchor attachment parts?

First picture is of the assembled anchor. Second is where it goes, take note of the peg on the overhanging board, and on the tackle box that hangs out there is a hole on the bottom. Third shows it all together.

Anchor1.jpg

Anchor2.jpg

Anchor3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My anchor does not want to line up well with outboard peg  - and there is nothing to put in the hole on the tackle box - wondering if it might be a misscast as the small rope on the anchor has no peg sticking out - the assembly to the ship doesn't seem it would hold which is odd given how well the rest of the ship assembled.

Got the ghost ship laid out with some additional things put on it ;) Most prominent is the Pirate King Shrine from last year's ReaperCon! Will figure out the best place to put the undead crew, and will take the bases off and glue them to the ship at some point after painting them. Also didn't put the captain holding the compass or the drinking buddy skellies on as I had forgotten where I put them. Also did a 4 second exposure picture of it with the lights off!

20210809_215802.jpg

20210809_215711.jpg

• Like 8
39 minutes ago, Xalton said:

How can I get one of these????

I'm desperate to have it!

Paul

Currently there are only two options.

• eBay (or other resellers): Quick and dirty. It's available now, but prices + shipping can be high. Very limited supplies.
  • Bones 5.5 pledge manager:  Slow and steady. A second chance to get several of the Kickstarter items (but not all of them). The prices will be higher than the original campaign, but still a good deal for its size. But will only be shipped in early 2022.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1