Sign in to follow this  
Reaper_Jon

PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

It is also used in the excellent Pirate d20 game Skull & Bones from Green Ronin.

skull_bones_mock_200.jpg

I freakin' love that game - and it will likely be used for the Reaper pirate ship.

AAAANNND, now I have a new project.

The Auld Grump

No you don't.

You have a CONTINUING project.

You have had at least one pirate based campaign on a burner for as long as I have known you.

The first game we ever ran together was a pirate game

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I'm putting it on a shelf and have it function as a display shelf for anything nautical/pirates etc..

You could add wings to it and hang it on the ceiling...I'm helping :upside:

Finally the Witchhunter and his men had found the evil mage, they followed him all over the World to make him pay for his crimes.

And now here in a isolated part of the desert they found him and surrounded him.

Why was the mage smiling?

The earth erupted and the Mage yelled, behold my Ship Golem!!!

I already have one of those....

77627_p_1_mp.jpg

The Auld Grump - love that model. ::):

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I already have one of those....

77627_p_1_mp.jpg

The Auld Grump - love that model. ::):

I also have that one!

But...we need a BIGGER ONE!!!

SHIP!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I've heard that there's going to be different versions of the ship available in the PM. When will these various options be available to add in the PM?

To my recollection, it will be the option to have it in normal opaque plastic or in clear transparent. There was talk of having a glow-in-the-dark option, but it may just be an idea thrown in there and not an official option (for now).

• Like 1

I managed to sneak a ship into our pledge. :ph34r:

Well, not exactly sneak, since MrBoot knows about it, but it was easier to already have in the cart with everything else rather than add it in after he saw the total without the ship. :ik_oops:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

We really need to get Reaper to make sure they don't pre-glue stuff together, if we cant pull it apart deck by deck to use all of it I'm going to be very sad.

This looks fantastic by the way. My initial thoughts were "I NEED ONE" toned down slightly when going over the overall cost of everything, to the point where it's been on high on my wants list but not currently in the cart. My Pathfinder group was discussing plans for the future this past weekend and once the pandemic is over I plan on running the next campaign... and Skulls and Shackles came up as one of the ones people were interested in, which has pushed this back into the need to get category, with a question mark on needing a second for enemy ships they may encounter (need to actually read through the AP and see if ship battles occur enough to make that worthwhile). 

Has there been any update on their manufacturer's current status and if their April 2021 date is still feasible or if they're at the end of a long list of things they need to manufacture and it will be pushed back by however long they were shut down for/running below capacity for?

• Like 3

I'm trying to talk Grump into running a Freeport campaign.

Yarr!

The kids enjoyed it, I figure we will too.

So, yeah, we need this. ::):

• Like 3

I’d also like to be included in the voice above that the ship not be preglued as I, too, would like the ability to pull ‘er apart deck by deck for battles and activities on various levels of of the vessel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I prefer unglued minis, period.

After how many came pre-glued with Bones IV (as well as freebies during 2019), it's had me hesitant to go in heavy on Bones V for fear of this precise thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PeterBenjaminParker said:

None of the big ones in Bones IV were glued as far as I remember, and I can’t imagine SHIPping (heh) this big girl pre-assembled... my fingers are also crossed it comes with no glue!

I think Baba Yaga’s hut is the first thing that pops in my head. The legs were glued on at the factory and many people ordered extras thinking they’d be able to use the huts as terrain, etc. 

• Like 4

Ahh yes that’s true, I remember that being a thing. But didn’t Reaper also think the legs wouldn’t be glued on, and then when they received them from the factory, they were already glued? I feel like I remember something like that from a Reaper Live but I could be mistaken.

• Like 2

The giant snake was also already glued together. I don't think much else was, though. It seems to have depended on if the minis were Bones Black and giant or regular Bones and giant, IIRC...

Still waiting for the PM to update with the translucent pirate ship before I finalize.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 2