Sign in to follow this  
Reaper_Jon

PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

I think there was a misunderstanding on the B. Y. Hut.  We were told the legs would not be glued and I think the roof was supposed to come off.  Hopefully that gets corrected on the retail huts.  But the big Stygian Barge was unassembled, so we know they can get it right.  I doubt the new ship will be Bones Black due to size (anyone remember for sure?), and the Barge was made of classic Bones.

• Like 1

The factory told them the hut would be too difficult to assemble without heating the model so the legs would go in and they let the factory convince them to pre-assemble.  I think the amount of negative feedback they got on that taught them something.

• Like 5

Has their been any update in the past month on how the different types of ships will work in the pledge manager? 

Currently it appears as if their is only the option for different figureheads and no options for different plastic types with the ships themselves.   I was thinking of getting one regular and one transparent and I know the courtesy deadline for locking in the order for them to produce accurate production numbers was approaching, so wanted to get that figured out.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 9:39 AM, HODOR said:

Has their been any update in the past month on how the different types of ships will work in the pledge manager? 

Currently it appears as if their is only the option for different figureheads and no options for different plastic types with the ships themselves.   I was thinking of getting one regular and one transparent and I know the courtesy deadline for locking in the order for them to produce accurate production numbers was approaching, so wanted to get that figured out.

There should be an update on tomorrow’s Bones 5 Live update stream. See my comment from today in the enthusiasm thread for more info. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

There should be an update on tomorrow’s Bones 5 Live update stream. See my comment from today in the enthusiasm thread for more info. 

One huge problem I suspect many are having is that there's been talk of three versions for a long time, which morphed to two, but there's only ever been one in the pledge manager, with no mention as to which one you were getting, or if you would be able to specify which one you wanted once the option finally came about. 

That alone makes me wait, because I want a solid version if I get it. 

Ron also needs to stop doing the tidbits of info here and there, because it's led to incorrect information being told to people, or assumptions made. Just drop all the info at once, and stick to the same story after its been told.  Trying to feed hype and forcing people into watching multiple streams, most of which are during business hours in North American timezones also doesn't help. 

• Like 10

I will post the Kickstarter update as soon as it goes live. However the Glow in the Dark Pirate ship is now on the Reaper pledge manager. https://pm.reapermini.com/
Update will be out tonight, as soon as its posted I will post it here! (as well on the news section, and info thread)
Early backer: $125
Late backer: $145
There are only 500 available, Ron said that they will go up on the RPM later tonight, as soon as he can. ( I know he will be doing it the same time as the KS update write up for the website)(Ron also said that if all 500 goes out over night, we will talk about adding more. We are not making them scarce on purpose, it has to do with the material cost and the limited quantity to order. So if we buy 2000 and only 50 people get it, its not good) https://clips.twitch.tv/TemperedMistyTardigradeRuleFive

ghost ship.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, Adrift said:

I think Baba Yaga’s hut is the first thing that pops in my head. The legs were glued on at the factory and many people ordered extras thinking they’d be able to use the huts as terrain, etc. 

On 7/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, Disciple of Sakura said:

The giant snake was also already glued together. I don't think much else was, though. It seems to have depended on if the minis were Bones Black and giant or regular Bones and giant, IIRC...

Still waiting for the PM to update with the translucent pirate ship before I finalize.

As best I can tell, the snake is one piece (I might be wrong, I haven't actually painted mine yet). At most, maybe two? The hut, though... Assembled - fully assembled, because it's more than just the legs - it's a Right Paint In The Rump to paint; there are so many nooks and crannies, it's not even funny. And I notice that, while the retail version /does/ have the legs separate, the rest of the hut? With all those aggravating nooks? Assembled.

*sigh* 

It's frustrating.

Anyway, at least right now, I suspect I am passing on the ship. I don't think I have space - and I don't think I'm /likely/ to have space, that thing is a monster! - for a while. Kind of a shame, because it's the basic /type/ of ship that I really like. Did nobble at least one of all the figureheads, though. *cracks knuckles* Those, I am looking forward to. 

• Like 1

A couple questions:

1. Have we had additional clarity on how the ship will be broken into pieces? Particularly interested in whether there will be vertical breaks in the hull. 

2. Any chance there might be a late breaking powerup for a couple gangplanks? It would make this beast more accessible for both port-side RPG scenarios and for wargaming. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2020 at 10:49 PM, Disciple of Sakura said:

The giant snake was also already glued together. I don't think much else was, though. It seems to have depended on if the minis were Bones Black and giant or regular Bones and giant, IIRC...

Still waiting for the PM to update with the translucent pirate ship before I finalize.

I have that one, currently painting it as a statue.

That one is one solid piece, not assembled.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I have that one, currently painting it as a statue.

That one is one solid piece, not assembled.

I have that one also, yup, came in a bag as one solid piece. Using it as a statue right now, may paint it one day:)

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

I have that one also, yup, came in a bag as one solid piece. Using it as a statue right now, may paint it one day:)

Mine works as either. I just figured that there was no way it could be cast as a single piece, based on how curvy and twisty it is. I'm fine with being mistaken about whether it was cast and glued or cast as one piece, though.

• Like 1