PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

A 60 sec clip from Friday, showing the decks a bit. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentFineChowderFunRun

They should get a production copy in the mail on Monday, and they plan to make a video about it. 

Well I hadn’t been paying attention to this piece as I have all kinds of STL’s of ships and I thought it was a tad expensive and not to useful if a solid piece like the Stygian Barge. This changed it to a must have. 

You dang enablers! :B):

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Super Administrators
On 12/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

From yesterday's picture, looks like 7 are in front, and maybe 3 on the deck? Not sure if that was just for display, @Reaper_Jonor @Reaper Ron, Can you confirm?

I've asked Ron, he said he would find out the specifics and get back to me. So as soon as i know i'll  let ya know, and we will talk about it on Friday as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Administrators
On 12/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, buckyball said:

How many cannons does the ship come with? Will we need to buy cannons from somewhere else?

The ship will come with 12 cannons, And there will not be a pack for extras added to the pledge manager. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, Reaper_Jon said:

The ship will come with 12 cannons, And there will not be a pack for extras added to the pledge manager. 

So the ship doesn't come with enough cannons to fill it out, and no option to buy enough to fill it out. That's a bit disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

So the ship doesn't come with enough cannons to fill it out, and no option to buy enough to fill it out. That's a bit disappointing.

There is always the Wizkids Unpainted cannons, but yah.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, haldir said:

There is always the Wizkids Unpainted cannons, but yah.

Yeah, Amazon has them listed at $8.44 for 2... So if the ship comes with 12... and has 30 gun ports... that means you would need 18 canons to fill it out, or 9 packs... so only $75.96 to het the ship up to full compliment, and even then the canons would not match. The ship looks great but i kind want to ask for a refund on it now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Dang, if I’d known that I would have purchased a bunch of WizKids cannons that were on sale on Black Friday...

One hopes that the cannons will still be brought to retail, even if the ship ends up not being brought to retail. Let us eventually fill out the gun ports on our ships.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Aaaand that spark of interest in the ship (that was holding out hope for EI to kick in early enough to let me add this before PM closes) just went poof. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

I had a feeling that the ship would be this Kickstarter's Ardent, and it has a 60% cannon shortage. Very glad I didn't pledge for it.

Disappointing as the cannon situation may be, I still don’t get the “glad I didn’t get it” or “I want a refund” attitudes. The ship is going to be awesome, regardless of needing to get more cannons for it later. There will probably never be another miniatures ship to rival it for game-play usability (to my knowledge it is the only such piece ever made to this scale and level of detail, while having multiple separable decks, to maximize RPG game utility).

The WizKids unpainted ship is more expensive than this ship, smaller, less detailed, has cardboard decks, etc., etc...

Would I like it better if it came with 30 cannons? Obviously, yes. But it’s still an amazing deal, even with only 12 cannons. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Disappointing as the cannon situation may be, I still don’t get the “glad I didn’t get it” or “I want a refund” attitudes. The ship is going to be awesome, regardless of needing to get more cannons for it later. There will probably never be another miniatures ship to rival it for game-play usability (to my knowledge it is the only such piece ever made to this scale and level of detail, while having multiple separable decks, to maximize RPG game utility).

The WizKids unpainted ship is more expensive than this ship, smaller, less detailed, has cardboard decks, etc., etc...

Would I like it better if it came with 30 cannons? Obviously, yes. But it’s still an amazing deal, even with only 12 cannons. 

The ship looks nice, yes. But. To make it usable for what I wanted will cost at least $75. $75 to make a $100 item usable... is a bit of a bitter pill. Is the ship worth $175 to me for the purpose I wanted? I am not sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1