PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

19 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Miniature Market has the WizKids cannon 2-packs for $4.50.  That’s $40 to fill out your compliment. 

That's still a 40-75% increase in the base cost depending on how many you get at $4.50 USD per pack, and they've (edit: apparently) specifically said they won't be offering extra cannons.  Then add in shipping costs on top of all of that.

So now you're forced into having a lack of cannons, or mis-matched cannons.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to put this here for everyone to see it kind of plainly! These were shown off last night on ReaperLive, Sculpted by Chris Lewis, he did an amazing job he really out did himself. This is a

Hello all,  There has been discussion on the cannon subject here at Reaper. First: The ship will now come with 20 cannons. second: We are ordering more of just the cannons to be sold as a pack

Well I finally caved and bought the ship. At $125 (I'm a late backer) that is far more than I would ever normally spend on a "toy" but knowing that it might never come to retail, and that I would ther

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That's still a 40-75% increase in the base cost depending on how many you get at $4.50 USD per pack, and they've specifically said they won't be offering extra cannons.  Then add in shipping costs on top of all of that.

honestly that’s the biggest thing for me. The having to settle... whether it’s fit mismatched cannons or not enough. If they had said they could not afford to include 30, I would have still been disappointed but if they offered the ability to add more at a reasonable price I would have been better with the situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That's still a 40-75% increase in the base cost depending on how many you get at $4.50 USD per pack, and they've (edit: apparently) specifically said they won't be offering extra cannons.  Then add in shipping costs on top of all of that.

You could always find one of these that you like, print a bunch up for really cheap, then sell the ones that you have coming with the ship to pay for the STL and the resin/plastic to print:

https://www.yeggi.com/q/naval+cannon/

Here are some more:

https://www.stlfinder.com/3dmodels/naval gun ship cannon 3d models/

Edited by bojesphob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, bojesphob said:

You could always find one of these that you like, print a bunch up for really cheap, then sell the ones that you have coming with the ship to pay for the STL and the resin/plastic to print:

Here are some more:

nice! I don’t have a 3D printer but if I did that would definitely be the way to go. 

• Like 1

The idea of getting a huge lot of cannons was part of the draw for me, so it not coming with the full amount is a disappointment, but I'm still excited about the ship overall as it is so much boat for the money.

On the plus side this gives me a reason to get some cannons of different size so I can have smaller guns on the top deck and larger ones on the lower deck.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, bojesphob said:

Here are some more:

Useless advice for the majority of people, who don't have 3D printers. But hey, if I had a 3D printer I wouldn't need Reaper, so good news for Reaper.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Useless advice for the majority of people, who don't have 3D printers. But hey, if I had a 3D printer I wouldn't need Reaper, so good news for Reaper.

I have 3 3d printers & I still use Reaper. 3d printer are just anther addition to the hobby.

Should we really be surprised about the lack of cannons? I mean it's not like Reaper hasn't changed mid-Kickstarter about items before.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

I would imagine you know somebody who has one, and if not, you could always use a service like craftcloud3d

Would I rather have a bunch of cannons from Reaper for it? Absolutely, especially considering I bought 3 ships. But there are alternatives if you feel that you want more and don't want to add a significant amount of cost. I guess it would be useless advice if there wasn't a way to use said advice, but there are definitely options. Heck, I bet if you asked haldir nicely, or anyone else on the forums, they might help you out with their 3D printer.

I'm not surprised that the number of cannons dropped. To be honest, even without the full compliment of cannons, this ship is a steal compared to the WizKids ship, and then add on that they are giving us some cannons, and the cost to produce isn't too far off from what we're paying for the whole thing with the cost of the molds factored in. The WizKids ship is selling for 170 right now, with cardboard levels and much smaller, I still feel like I got a killer deal on them.

Edited by SamuraiJack
Removed commerce link
  • Like 6

I'm not getting the ship (cost + shipping), so I don't have a dog in this race, but isn't the conclusion that 30 cannons at retail would set you back between $70-130 quite informative? As it is, the Kickstarter offers 12 cannons and AN ENORMOUS SHIP for $100. This still seems like remarkable value. 

It is a pity Reaper aren't offering Add-Ons to make up the shortage, but I'd assume they would have had to have been about $3 each, even at KS prices. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

I am thinking that I originally ordered this without any particular expectation of cannons at all...

I know some people didn’t want cannons as they were looking for a more fantasy ship or don’t like gunpowder in their fantasy. All of the counter points are valid and reasonable. The pictures shown and those in the pledge manager show the ship with 30 cannons. Whenever the ship was mentioned it was never mentioned that “we are showing how many it can take, not what it will come with, or will be available”. So my assumption was, this is what you are purchasing based on that pledge manager picture. Now I know what happens when you assume... but reading comments on the ks message board area, I think this is a pretty common assumption. Especially when reaper will usually put a disclaimer when they have things in pictures that aren’t included. Like sir forscale...

Again though, I would be ok with buying more cannons through the Kickstarter. If they were available. I had been hoping for the opportunity to buy extra anyway when I thought the ship was coming with the number shown. Of course this is not ideal, as I thought the price of the ship was based on what they showed... but it would at least be better to be able to get what reaper has been showing. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1