PIRATE SHIP! for bones 5 kickstarter!

• Super Administrators

Hello all, 
There has been discussion on the cannon subject here at Reaper.

First: The ship will now come with 20 cannons.
second: We are ordering more of just the cannons to be sold as a pack or individuals, that is the current plan. (this will not be in the form of an option on the RPM, but should be here at the time of fulfillment for people to get)

I would expect this in the bones 5 live, reaper live, and the next kickstarter update as well. Hope this helps in some way.

@Smokestack @Ratmaster2000 @ksbsnowowl @Dakka Flakka Flame @WhiteWulfe 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 16
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Reaper_Jon said:

Hello all, 

second: We are ordering more of just the cannons to be sold as a pack or individuals, that is the current plan. (this will not be in the form of an option on the RPM, but should be here at the time of fulfillment for people to get)

I would expect this in the bones 5 live, reaper live, and the next kickstarter update as well. Hope this helps in some way.

That's great news! Thank you! :)

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Auberon said:

I ordered it just for the ship, so I will accept your offer of 20 bonus cannons.  What use I shall ever have for said cannons remains unknown.

You could send them to the pirate front line... to help defend against the forces of darkness. That front line is Maryland. I can provide you with the address... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

You're a crazy bunch, Reaper! The margin on that ship must be getting frightening. 

And now I want the ship even more badly. So maybe not so crazy. 

Incidentally, assuming those are tiddly 6- or 8-pounders, to successfully fight even a 20-gun ship you're going to need at least 100 pirates for gunnery crews, and another 20 or so to sail her into combat. And that's without a boarding party! That's a lot of Brinewinds... 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Tordelback said:

You're a crazy bunch, Reaper! The margin on that ship must be getting frightening. 

And now I want the ship even more badly. So maybe not so crazy. 

Incidentally, assuming those are tiddly 6- or 8-pounders, to successfully fight even a 20-gun ship you're going to need at least 100 pirates for gunnery crews, and another 20 or so to sail her into combat. And that's without a boarding party! That's a lot of Brinewinds... 

I remember someone linking something about the ship being a 6th rate frigate? Does that sound correct?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth-rate

if so. That crew amount sounds correct, says 150 crew all in. With up to 30 guns. 

Sixth-rate ships typically had a crew of about 150–240 men, and measured between 450 and 550 tons. A 28-gun ship would have about 19 officers; commissioned officers would include the captain, and two lieutenants; warrant officers would include the master, ship's surgeon, and purser. The other quarterdeck officers were the chaplain and a Royal Marines lieutenant. The ship also carried the standing warrant officers, the gunner, the bosun and the carpenter, and two master's mates, four midshipmen, an assistant surgeon, and a captain's clerk.[1] The rest of the men were the crew, or the 'lower deck'. They slept in hammocks and ate their simple meals at tables, sitting on wooden benches. A sixth rate carried about 23 marines, while in a strong crew the bulk of the rest were experienced seamen rated 'able' or 'ordinary'. In a weaker crew there would be a large proportion of 'landsmen', adults who were unused to the se

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 8

*EDIT* Posted before seeing the update. Glad to hear that there will now be 20 gun.

Glad we have a 3D printer.

There was a company in the UK that sold inexpensive ship's guns from resin - one piece casts, not great detail, but only about 0.1GBP each - Minimi in the UK.

Three basic designs - naval, dwarf, and pirate.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3
On 12/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, Reaper_Jon said:

Hello all, 

@Smokestack @Ratmaster2000 @ksbsnowowl @Dakka Flakka Flame @WhiteWulfe 

20 cannons? That many? What kind of trouble on the High Seas are you not telling us about?

• Like 2