Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Finished up another 3d printed bust. I have really been enjoying the different scale and different subject matter (I don't think I've ever painted an orc before).
Not 100% happy with the hair, but the strands are not as thin as I would have liked. Picture is a little washed out but I have having issues of not enough light or too much. And yes his left eye is milky on purpose and the whole reason I painted this piece.
Thanks for looking.
EDIT: and of course, now looking at the picture on my computer screen I can see that the wound on his face goes through his bottom lip too, and I missed it.. At well...
By Dan S
Apologies that this one isn't Reaper, but I am super stoked with how it turned out and really wanted to share.
I recently started experimenting with glazing, an old and popular technique I have been aware of for years but had never really given much thought to or attempted. It was like unlocking an ancient magic, I cant believe the difference such a subtle technique has made to my miniatures. After achieving some promising results on a batch of halflings I recently painted, I decided to experiment some more on a slightly larger model, a 3D printed bust I'd picked up on Ebay (I believe it is by a company called Tytantroll Miniatures).
Anyway I just wanted to share. Glazing has been a revelation to me, and it just goes to show that it sometimes pays to step away from your comfort zone and try new things.
This bust is "The Mechanic" a robot mechanic in a post-apocalyptic world.
Is a high quality resine figure (limited edition) Scale 1/10
The copies are ready, so the shipment will be immediate once the project is finished
Thanks to the backers of this campaign, is happening and will be my second miniature :-)
The approximate shipping costs are:
Rest of america: 15€
On top of the Sherman Jumbo, I have a new project. This is Frozen Ninja 3D's resin bust of a cloaked gal holding a small flaming dragon. I picked it up ReaperCon last fall.
There are four parts: a base, a robed torsos, a hooded head, and a pair of arms holding the dragon. Over the casting was good, but there were some issues with the resin sheaving (splitting off in layers) in the arms and the underside of the torso. These were sanded down, the given a layer of putty, then further sanded down. You can see the putty in the pics.
I also hollowed out the sleeves and a portion of the hood. These were filled in almost to the opening. I used a Dremel tool and ball cutters to hollow them out and tried to match the inside with the exterior folds.
One unique (to me) thing is the base; there is a two-leve' base with some symbols on it, and small stone house built on top of that. The roof structure is built into the torso's back. It sure beats the usual brass rod...
Pics are where I'm at so far.
Qs and Cs welcomed.
Who's Online 10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)