Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

Roll Call! Everyone Okay?!

hand-157251.thumb.png.b7ab35e6ca913f4b907d865ee76a38a0.png

Checking in with everyone during this crisis.  Let us know if you're okay.  Support is just a post away.

Please keep politics and BS out of this so we can keep this open to everyone. 

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

My town is but a blip on the map. About the only protest here would be if someplace ran out of coffee.......

To those in "warzone" cities, please stay safe.

• Like 12

We're under double lockdown. The plague lockdown hasn't been lifted and now there's the riot lockdown.

The last I saw of the moon it was red with smoke.

Partner and I are fine. Protests are moving away from us. Still, we're essentially sieged in our apartment due to lockdown and the complete cutoff of transit. It'll supposed to lift in the morning, we'll see if that happens.

• Like 15
  • Sad 2

Stay safe everyone.  Sleep awaits... I hope. 

• Like 12

Thinking of you guys down South (of the Canadian border). 

• Like 10

That was one of the craziest nights I can remember. Fires, gunshots, sirens and unidentified loud bangs until about 2 in the morning. National guard on the streets this morning. But we're here, the sun is shining, and life goes on. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

The protesters have been mostly peaceful here. Cops arrested few troublemakers before anything got wild.   The rioting and looting that happened after dark....   Anyway, it is all going on miles away from me. 

• Like 12

Still hanging in there.

Work let us go early in anticipation of protests Friday evening.  The protests started off calm, then ended up with property damage and vandalism, and obscenities shouted at the reporters trying to cover the news (frat boy meme stuff).  The police keep using tear gas and pepper bombs, with rumors of rubber bullets being fired.  I'm not exactly keeping close tabs on things, so I might have missed any video evidence.  Last night another round of protests downtown that went down about the same.

We're about midpoint, but still not terribly close, to those locations.  There might have been some sleeplessness otherwise.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rahz said:

Thinking of you guys down South (of the Canadian border). 

We aren't immune up here; Vancouver is having at least a small protest today.

Doing okay in my nook. Kinda just wallowing in being bummed about the state of the world and being worried about my friends. Protesting and plague doesn't mix well ::(:

• Like 14

Everything is ok here in Lanzarote, we have R0 = 0. Anyway still under "Estado de Alarma" that mean something like "state of alert".

• Like 12

I have been ignorant of the news of late, so haven't heard much about riots until today. An hour away from San Francisco and Oakland, so not feeling the pressure. 

• Like 12