Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Getting to Know You, JUNE by Glitterwolf

Welcome to Getting to Know You, JUNE 2020 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand ( we all know most of you rebellious lot will ignore most of it, but one can try)

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 8:00 hours and 12:00 hours CET. ( Central European Time)
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

All HAIL WOOF!

• Like 6

Question June 1sth.

Second Day of Pentecost.. Is it a special day for you, do you have plans for it?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

Second Day of Pentecost.. Is it a special day for you, do you have plans for it?

I had to look up what that even was :blush:

So... um... no

Edited by NebulousMissy
to call First!
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

I'm not religious, but it's a day off here in the Netherlands.

So, today we will have some friends over during the afternoon to visit our new house.

Later today we will have dinner in the garden with the family and youngest vixen's boyfriend.

Gourmetten!

( look it up it's Dutch)

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

I had to look it up too.

Today is just a normal day for me, with chores and things.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

I had to look it up as well :unsure:

My plans for today include finally getting into the supermarket(been queueing for 45 minutes!), fighting with the kitteh so that she'll take her meds and doing some painting.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

I also had to look it up.:lol:

Secondary question: Did you know what it means without looking it up?

I have no plans.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

Not a special day, no plans

I used to know what it meant....many years ago.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well by seeing "I'm not religious" in a previous post, I'm gonna put a big fat NO to that one. Now I'm gonna look it up, thou I've seen it associated with churches in the past.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Nope.

Special plans?  Well I actually went into work today.  Does that count?

Of couse the job I came in for has been delayed due to extra work needed before I can het to my part so I get to try again tomorrow.

I'm going to hang out until the Exchange opens base, then pick up a few things on the way home.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

Also had to look it up :poke:

My wife at least knew it was a thing, if not the specifics.

It's not a day off here or anything, so so far the highlight of the day seems to be a 1.5 hour team conference call....:down:

It IS D&D night, but that is just a Monday thing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

What? No.  I'm at work today.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

It is not, no religious plans. 

4 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I had to look up what that even was :blush:

I would have to look it up to learn what the modern observance is. Without looking, I assume it is a Catholic thing and possibly a Greek Orthodox thing as well. (Or, perhaps observed by any of the churches that historically branched away from Catholicism prior to 1100AD or so.)

BUT! there are some Protestant churches (I have just remembered) which have the word “Pentecostal” in their legally registered names. 

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I had to look it up as well :unsure:

My plans for today include finally getting into the supermarket (been queueing for 45 minutes!), fighting with the kitteh so that she'll take her meds and doing some painting.

Awwwww...kitty. 

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I also had to look it up.:lol:

Secondary question: Did you know what it means without looking it up?

I remember the word from some compulsory readings (that occurred when I was a very young Griffin) from The Acts of the Apostles, which is usually the 5th book of the New Testament, and is generally thought to have written by Luke (or at least by the same author as the Gospel of Luke ).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

My first thought was "Ah-whut?" as I've never heard of such.  Today is like any other Monday for me.  Well, any other work Monday that is. 

Looked it up, still not really getting it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Pentecost is a special day for us.  It is literally the birthday of the Church, the celebration of the coming of the Spirit into hearts of men.  We tend to wear red on Pentecost, and go to church.  As for the second day of Pentecost, no, that has no special significance here.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2