Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Getting to Know You, JUNE by Glitterwolf

19 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I once got told that I'd never be anything but a "hack happy painter" if I didn't upgrade.

There, that sounds better. 

20 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I also had to recently stop someone from picking up a duckling( and facing the wrath of wild mommy duck) because "they wanted to see what it felt like"

Oh, now you see, that's when the mean regulator face would come out and someone would get a stern talking to about the fines associated with interfering with wildlife. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2020 at 2:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 10th.

What is your biggest pet peeve with modern technology?

The Web of Things...

There is ZERO reason for my toaster to need to connect to the internet. None. (please note, I did not actually buy a toaster that connects to the internet, as such is both an abomination and a dangerous security risk).

On 6/11/2020 at 2:06 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 11th.

What common misconception (that is not also a beekeepers topic?!??) do you hate to hear repeated as a fact?

Larger/Smaller is better. Whether your talking about cell phones, mugs, or... whatever... as long as it gets the job done and you're comfortable using it, it's the right size.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Crowley said:

The Web of Things...

There is ZERO reason for my toaster to need to connect to the internet. None. (please note, I did not actually buy a toaster that connects to the internet, as such is both an abomination and a dangerous security risk).

https://youtu.be/1vYRyqMw9yE

• Haha 11

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND CHALLENGE June 12th / 14th.

Share a site where you can see awesome artwork
Remember no commercial links so either non commercial links or just hint at where to go 

here’smine: https://scifi-fantasy-horror.com/

An Example from that site:

image.thumb.png.62dcb379a302812afddb53769930e344.png

It depends on what I'm looking for.

If it's fantasy art, I'll google that phrase until I find something I like, then explore that site.

Larry Elmore

Clyde Caldwell

Erol Otus

and a bunch of the other  old school D&D artists have a lot of really cool (IMO) stuff to check out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Loim said:

Deviantart is where I like to go for amazing art if I'm not looking for something specific. 

At least it was, before they flumphed up the entire site with their new "improvements". <_<

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

At least it was, before they flumphed up the entire site with their new "improvements". <_<

Still better than Pinterest

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Nature is the best gallery. ::):

What part of nature has the samurai skeletons? :ik_oops:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 6/8/2020 at 4:32 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 8th.

Did you choose your profession or did it choose you?

I sort of chose it, sort of fell into it.

Decided I wanted to work at a specific library, still working at that library but my role isn't a traditional librarian role (I still say I'm a librarian when asked though, stops people asking for more details...the role I'm in is more about manipulating data and shoehorning from one system into another)

On 6/10/2020 at 4:15 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 10th.

I think most of my peeves have been covered, but the big one is bloat - if the software used to run quite happily on a 100Mhz processor with 16Mb of RAM and a 256Mb HDD, why do we now need a 2Ghz processor, 4Gb of RAM and a 500Gb SSD to run it when it doesn't really do anything different?

On 6/11/2020 at 4:06 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 11th.

What common misconception (that is not also a beekeepers topic?!??) do you hate to hear repated as a fact?

1. Nope, not going there
  2. or there
  3. or there
  4. The people in govern....nope, not there either
  5. That the media is about public interest...
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2020 at 2:15 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 10th.

Pop-up ads and tracking cookies adverts.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:26 AM, Weird-O said:

LED headlights. As far as I'm concerned, every act of turning those on constitutes the crime of assault with intent to maim.

I hate them so much. They don't do anything but blind everyone else on the road. They should've been banned years ago. 

On 6/11/2020 at 2:06 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 11th.

What common misconception (that is not also a beekeepers topic?!??) do you hate to hear repated as a fact?

That nerds/geeks/otaku/etc are all lonely, basement-dwelling virgins. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2020 at 2:41 PM, Crowley said:

Please tell me there is no such thing as a toaster [ ! ] that knows what the internet is. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_o0_Qel9QU

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2020 at 3:03 AM, Glitterwolf said:

https://artsandculture.google.com/ is pretty amazing

Most other sites I use regularly for inspiration/reference are commercial.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/12/2020 at 3:03 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Remember no commercial links so either non commercial links or just hint at where to go 

here’smine: https://scifi-fantasy-horror.com/

An Example from that site:

image.thumb.png.62dcb379a302812afddb53769930e344.png

My local museum had been putting a bunch of their collection online recently so I've been going through that. They've probably got a couple thousand pieces up at this point. 

https://www.columbusmuseum.org/collections/

I also enjoy the whole imaginary network of art subreddits. You can easily lose a couple hours looking through those. My favorite is imaginary starships:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryStarships/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Question June 15th.

if animals could talk which one would be the rudest?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 15th.

if animals could talk which one would be the rudest?

Raccoons. They're little elfholes, especially when they get into a trash can near you and swear loudly until you leave them to their findings. If they were tall enough they'd take their little hands and use them to steal your car.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1