Glitterwolf

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

Second Day of Pentecost.. Is it a special day for you, do you have plans for it?

Knowing nothing about the second day of Pentecost, I get to be at the doctor to inspect these lumps that are on my neck for the past month now. She has prescribed antibiotics to rule out infection, since I did enter May with some sort of infection. Hoping for the best.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Knowing nothing about the second day of Pentecost, I get to be at the doctor to inspect these lumps that are on my neck for the past month now. She has prescribed antibiotics to rule out infection, since I did enter May with some sort of infection. Hoping for the best.

Do stay on top of that.  A close friend lost her son to a lump on the neck, diagnosed as "just an infection" which turned out to be a fast growing cancer.  The antibiotics reduced the swelling at first, but of course it came back. 

• Sad 14

30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 2nd.

What is one thing you're glad you tried but would never do again?

Painting Ma'al drakar in 7 days with size 0 brushes. :upside: 

Seriously, it was a glorious experience and I learned a great deal, but my lovely beastie half killed me in the process, lol. I'd repeat any of the 7-day challenges, except for that one. ^_^

Regular life, probably having both MrBoot and I in graduate school programs at the same time. It was a marriage-strengthening time in our lives, overall, but man it was rough. :wacko: 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 2nd.

Climbing up the front side of this magnificent Toblerone lookalike. In winter. Stupid, foolhardy Kuroneko!

Mountain-And-Winter-HD-Wallpaper.thumb.jpg.7d0203c5113bbc5bcbd356b377c1d027.jpg

I was about two thirds of the way up when I had a pretty bad fall. Nothing broken, thank goodness but I was fairly battered and I realized that once I got off this lump of rock I was done with winter climbing and doing stuff the hard way. 

I ended up finishing the climb and heading down the easy way, which how I should've gone up in the first place <_< 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Question June 2nd.

Horseback riding is the closest thing, probably.  I don't usually think of things in that way.  Like, I may never get around to doing something a second time because of a lack of enthusiasm, opportunity, or need; but I'll rarely think, "I won't do this again, even if those conditions change".

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Question June 2nd.

I like to hike, this one's a bit similar to @Kuroneko's story.

while on vacation on Rhodos I went for a hike on my own.

After a few hours I decide to turn back and took a short cut.

Meaning, I decided to not follow the road down but try to climb down the hills, I lost my grip and slid down for a few meters, luckily no injuries, I would have been out there alone and out of sight of traffic so, awesome hike, don't try that again, didn't tell my girl either...else she would be worried if I go out on a hike by myself again, which i always do when we're on vacation for at least once.

• Like 14

Question June 2nd.

Horseback riding was the one thing to come to mind for me as well.

I've tried it twice. Once when I was 16 and in Alberta for a 4-H exchange.  Then a decade or so ago while in Newfoundland (not normally associated with horseback riding...) when my wife really wanted to.

I do not enjoy horseback riding.  I'm a big guy, so I end up on a big horse.  I do not like heights.  Even just horseback height makes me uncomfortable.  Add to that being on a very large animal that I'm supposed to guide with a couple of leather straps but that I don't trust, and lets just say I didn't really enjoy it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2020 at 3:06 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 1sth.

Second Day of Pentecost.. Is it a special day for you, do you have plans for it?

It was Monday.  It was also a little rough for a Monday, but some of that was leftover from the weekend.

Question June 2nd.

I once restored a server’s hard drive by swapping out the drive’s controller card and then copying the drive’s contents, sector-by-sector, to a new drive.  I still lost some data due to bad sectors on the drive but that was expected.  I forget what analogy I used for this at the time.  Maybe it was a quilting analogy.  Anyway, it wasn’t fun and was another time I spent almost the entire night working.  (If I remember correctly, I took a nap around 4 am, woke up around 5:15 am to catch a bus home so I could shower, change, and then catch a bus back to the office.)

I proved I can do it but I never, ever want to do that again.  (Moral of the story: Monitor your RAID volumes.  Monitor your backups.  Make sure your boss gives you the time to set up this monitoring.)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 2nd.

There's a few NC17 things so they won't be mentioned other than in passing... Hmmm, for some reason nothing is immediately jumping to mind, which feels slightly odd to me. 

One would think there's at least a few things that would fall into this category for me... 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I was a spectator at a two person canoe race.  One of the competitors said his partner called off sick and asked for a volunteer to partner him.  No one else offered so I did, even though I had never canoed before.  We came in 6th out of 19.  My cousin who was also racing came in 15th and he had trained all summer.  When I got out of the canoe I was so spent I almost fell flat on my face in the water.  Luckily someone caught me and helped me to the shore.  Glad I did it, but never again!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1