Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Getting to Know You, JUNE by Glitterwolf

Question June 24th.

What's the one food you could never bring yourself to eat?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 24th.

Liver. I hate the taste of it :zombie:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 24th.

With enough hot sauce, I can eat anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 24th.

I'll try anything and I like most things, though there are a handful that aren't great. Stuff like kale, cauliflower, radishes. I'm a big fan of veg (to the dismay of my meat-n-potatoes fiancee), but those kind of things are not for me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question June 24th.

Chicory.

Can't stand it, I threw up when I was a child from this, could never eat it again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question June 24th.

Arugula.  Leafy greens shouldn't have a weird bitter spicyness to them! 

Alternatively, uggggggh, liver also definitely applies. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

The shameful waste of homebrew is why I have sad faced your post... good homebrew can be hard to come by.

Yoga mat sitter doesn't sound so bad, the dishes thing is odd, but my concern is, if she didn't use the shower for X amount of days (I assume at least between 2-5 days, enough to warrant needing a housesitter), how did she keep herself hygienic?

I'm guessing that the couple of hours she left every day were to take care of the hygiene stuff, I mean nothing smelled so I guess she figured it out. And yeah, the homebrew loss was worthy of a sad face. If I remember correctly it was a keg of Barleywine, which I only brew every few years. It's also a 9.5% beer - which means he drank the equivalent of around 2 and a half cases of Miller Lite in 2 days. 

Question June 24th.

I don't think I've ever run into anything I wouldn't at least try a little nibble from. But I don't think I'll ever eat squid again. Maybe I had a poorly prepared batch of it. But I just didn't enjoy the experience at all. It had a rubbery texture that was completely unappetizing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question June 24th.

There are a number of things I don't enjoy eating and tend to avoid, but there isn't much I wouldn't try.

To date I've completely avoided any sushi with actual raw fish in it.  I'm not that big on seafood to begin with, and was conditioned from an early ago that everything had to be well done (thanks mom :poke:). I'm finally to the point I can enjoy a medium rare steak, but raw fish is still on my brain's "nope, not gonna do it" list. And as the few veg sushi pieces I've had were bland and boring, I really haven't been motivated to expand into other types.

And along the same lines...lutefisk....don't think I could make myself try that...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question June 24th.

There is quite an array of foods that I wouldn't consider putting in my mouth. Something I have tried & found revolting; others I just don't want to consider trying.

Of the foods I have tried & gagged on, Brussels sprouts tops the list. Anything involving raw fish & insect is generally off my dinner bucket list.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 24th.

Natto. Fermented bean curd from Japan. My host family served it to me twice while I was there. The first time, I was able to eat it. It didn't taste great, was sort of like runny snot in texture, but I didn't have any issues with it, really. Inexplicably, the second time it was served, I almost threw up when I tried to eat my first bite. I just couldn't get it past my lips without experiencing an extreme gag reflex.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 24th.

2 hours ago, VitM said:

With enough hot sauce, I can eat anything.

This is pretty much my stand on food. :devil::wub:

But in a way, taste is pretty much irrelevant to me as both my sense of taste and smell have taken a hit in the past several years. Everything is bland,. and I need extreme flavours for it to register.

Now conceptually, things like balut (boiled duck fetus in the shell) go directly in the "Nope!" category. Yet my brain would be okay with it if it were deep fried. I think it's the whole texture/mouth feel thing that gets me. I like crunchy textures, but not springy cartilage.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Question June 24th.

Hard to narrow it down to just one.

There's stuff I've never tried and never will (like haggis or tripe), and there's also stuff I've eaten, really disliked and will never eat again (like liver or kippers).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question June 24th.

Braaaaaiiiinnzzzzzz....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Question June 24th.

Beagle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Question June 24th.

Mayonnaise. It just looks revolting, the site of it coming out of the jar is enough to make me gag. It doesn't belong on sandwiches (especially hamburgers), and most certainly isn't a dipping condiment for french fries!

I've had traces before on my hamburgers from fast food joints (when they have ignored my request for no mayo, and had to scrape it off at home) and it always sends my stomach into a fit. I call it "the devil's spread" (quite fitting due to the main brand here in the US being Hellman's).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1