Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Getting to Know You, JUNE by Glitterwolf

24 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Being a guest on a "reality" TV show.

You poor soul.....

For me, right now nothing is really coming up, if it has it's been awhile as I tend try & stay in a comfort zone when it comes to things I like doing. 

Oh, speaking of the Pentecost, I'm pretty sure some people in my town celebrated as the Mexican candles were hit hard last night............:rock:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 2nd.

What is one thing you're glad you tried but would never do again?

Ziplining. Loads of fun, but now that I've done it, I feel no urge to do it again.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 2nd.

Not one, but three:

1. Writing my doctoral dissertation.  Three years of possibly the largest, hardest project I ever did in my life.  Many nights of staring at my computer screen and not wanting to write another word of it.  If not for the support of my wife towards the end (“You’re so close!  It would be a waste to give up!”), I would not have finished.  I’m glad I pushed through, and the opportunities it has given me, but it’s unlikely I’d ever willingly go through again.
  2. Competing in a rail handcar competition.  A coworker suggested it, and we organized a team of four.  On the day of the competition, we realized our situation — four software engineers against all of the body-building gyms in the area.  The four-person handcars were HUGE — not like the two-person ones I’d seen in film.  Our first run we gave our all, and came in a close second to our match-up; but the race timing sensor failed, we didn’t get a time for our run, and had to redo it immediately. But our muscles were completely spent, and not one of us was able to get back up and try again, so we didn’t qualify.  One of my coworkers went off and threw up his latte in the bushes, and I spent the next few days moving as little as possible.
  3. Marijuana.  Back in college it came out at a party, offered to me, and someone said like:  “Nah, he’s too innocent to try it.”  I decided to give them a shock and take a deep draw.  (My parents were smokers then, and I was accustomed to breathing cigarette smoke.) No problem at first, but it had an odd effect on me; I spent the rest of the evening pacing around with hyperactive energy, unable to calm down sit or relax.  I would not smoke it again, and I would tell my kids not to, either.  But at least if someone says: “Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!”  I can say: “I’ve tried it... and I knock it, sir, I knock it!”
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I thought of another one: Gin.

::o: 

What's wrong with Gin?

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

Ziplining. Loads of fun, but now that I've done it, I feel no urge to do it again.

I absolutely love ziplining, but I can see how it terrifies some people. I especially love the ones where you get to walk up a hill/mountain to the top of the zip line. 

I really want to go on one of the "Superman" versions someday. How awesome does that look? :lol:

superman-zip-line.jpg.1c9c8323ca42f28cc67572ecedcc6d5c.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 2nd.

Roller Coasters. Not an awful experience, it was ok, but not something I have any desire to do again.

If I could help it I would also say flying. The whole experience is unpleasant from start to finish. But, living on an island I don't have much choice given how much the ferry is...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It's been awhile since I've tried anything, so I'm not sure.

I do agree on the gin, though. It seemed like I should like it with all its natural flavors! But instead it just tasted like I tried to drink a fancy lady's fake pine candle. :lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Question June 2nd.

Go on a real roller coaster. I had always wanted to try it, but now I know for sure that me and G-forces aren't friends.

My wife, on the other hand, went back on 2 more times. (Mind you, this is the same person that had once gone on a roller coaster the day before she gave birth)

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

Wax museums. I went to one when I was a kid and was traumatized by one. It was a vampire that mechanically "jumped" out of its coffin scaring the daylights out of me. I've been to one since then but it was still creepy and uncomfortable. 0/10 do not recommend.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Question June 2nd.

My masters program. I loved it cause I kept learning new mathematical theories and applications, but I also went in broke, depressed due to breaking up with my ex of 6 years, and depressed due to the lack of ability to find a job in electrical engineering. I survived it and learned from those experiences.  Had 21 dollars in my bank account when I was done, but no loans! Although, I have a masters i am also not using... T__T 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Question June 2nd.

I watched Spice World, the Spice Girls movie. Once. Once.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I watched Spice World, the Spice Girls movie. Once. Once.

You poor soul................

usiu27f0w9c41.jpg

• Haha 16
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, VitM said:

::o: 

What's wrong with Gin?

Nothing really, other then it's like drinking a pine tree.  I actually got really sick after drinking gin the first time.  I also react very badly to getting pricked by juniper needles.  I suspect that I am allergic to something in Juniper and so I reacted badly to something in the Gin.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Nothing really, other then it's like drinking a pine tree.  I actually got really sick after drinking gin the first time.  I also react very badly to getting pricked by juniper needles.  I suspect that I am allergic to something in Juniper and so I reacted badly to something in the Gin.

Awww, that's unfortunate.  Allergies suck; I'm glad I don't have any anymore.

• Like 9