• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Stumbled across this and thought it might be of interest to some folks here.  Be a different way of putting together woods and stuff for traditional wargaming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/babbletree/terragon-terrain

Pretty much the entire 'leader' page is GIFs so I'm not going to try and copy it over to here.
    • By Rob Dean
      So, I invoke the 3 foot rule on these; one could go back and forth forever attempting to edge half-timbered buildings.

I have been idly working on new scenery since the pandemic, and finished two more buildings plus a well I bought a few months ago.  (That’s lightning speed compared to some projects.)  These are sold on Amazon by some outfit called Ender Toys.  I picked up a group of four, and a second group of two, some fences and the well.  

If these are an example of what I could get at home, I’m not rushing out to get a printer to wrestle with.  The filament lines are pretty distinct close up.

However, they are light and didn’t take all that long to paint, so I think they will be fine in a game.

I posted the earlier buildings plus some tree bases in this thread: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92205-tree-group-bases/

The overall building collection now looks like this, including a Battle Masters tower:

My crystal ball says there is a skirmish game in my near future...
    • By Rat13
      As Halloween approaches the dollar stores are filling up with cheap decorations and spooky bricabrac. Amid all the potential projects a certain reflective skull caught my eye. Not knowing if it would take paint or not I decided to roll the dice on a few. I attached them to some bases, added a bit of sand, and the next day I took them out to prime. 

They ended up taking primer just fine, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the primer I use. Unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture of their grey primed goodness. 

Next up were the basecoats of the skull and "dirt".

I didn't get great or even smooth coverage on the skulls, but it was good enough as I was just going to add a heavy wash anyway.

The wash was a bit thicker than I wanted but again I figured it was passable and more than good enough to move onto a final drybrush.

Not too bad, but there is definitely room for improvement. I guess I'll just have to practice a bit more with my new drybrush. 

I finally took the leap and tried Uncle Atom's makeup dry brushing technique. Though this project probably qualifies as a failure, I do see the potential. Now all I need is more practice, it's not like I don't have a huge backlog of terrain just waiting to be painted.
    • By Lidless Eye
      A grouping from RBJ Games Company's latest Kickstarter, Pig-Faced Orcs (and Ettin Bodyguard!)

Not'Nord, the Ettin(ess)

Normal Nord:

Shooty Nord:

Shootier Nord:

Iron Nord:

Smashy Nord:

Guardy Nord:

Tossy Nord:

• By Lidless Eye
      To finish off the recently finished, random miniatures! (I hate creating a bunch of tiny threads)

"Heroes of Golden Sword" from Crippled God Foundry

"Life is easy, it's never hard, when you're a Kobold and a Bard"

Kobold Bard (duh) from Stonehaven Miniatures

Halfling Gardener, also from Stonehaven

Converted Foundry Argonauts, to be Dricheans for Frosgrave: Ghost Archipelago

"LET'S GET FROSTY!"

Frost Giant from Gale Force 9

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)