Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Massive Darkness 2 - 8/4

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/massive-darkness-2-hellscape

Story

f5b874d3109b7f2ab2bdaa84da397297_origina

Massive Darkness 2: Hellscape takes the exciting dungeon-crawling action of the original Massive Darkness and brings it to a whole new level!

Take on the role of Lightbringers, a group of Heroes fighting the forces of Darkness in this thrilling cooperative game for 1-6 players.

Inspired by classic RPG games, this board game needs no game master to take you to the depths of Hell and beyond, fighting a variety of mobs and epic enemies to save the world!

Edited by SamuraiJack
added link
  • Like 1

Yeah this might break my CMON hiatus. Massive 1, was really nice. The minis were great. The game was fun... though only lasted a while in my group.

the updated kind of hinted it was demon themed. Face your demons... sounds demon themed! I’m excited. 

Edited by Smokestack

I just did a big purge of my Massive Darkness 1 stuff.  Much of it went into the BoGW, and the rest went into the trash.

• Sad 2

Gloomhaven fired everything (: but the MD miniatures are great and I used the orcs and goblins as a proxy race for GH. GH races need melee, ranged, and spellcasting units, and MD KS was one of the few ones that had them in sufficient numbers. Demon themed might work, since I still need demons for GH.

I hope CMON settles its auditing issues and fulfills several KS by then. 

Haven't played the game often. Campaign mode (which was the most intriguing aspect) was not good.

Minis were great.

CMON has done a LOT over the last couple of months / years to alienate backers like me (the way they dealt with shipping costs, the way they communicated (not), the lukewarm offers of many of the recent projects that could only be turned around after they made the offer a lot better).

Add to that the fact that I'm not yet convinced that they are financially healthy (which means that even if MD 2 is a great offer, great minis ... I feel there is a risk of not getting what is offered ... or getting it a LOT later).

I'll probably pass.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Haven't played the game often. Campaign mode (which was the most intriguing aspect) was not good.

Minis were great.

CMON has done a LOT over the last couple of months / years to alienate backers like me (the way they dealt with shipping costs, the way they communicated (not), the lukewarm offers of many of the recent projects that could only be turned around after they made the offer a lot better).

Add to that the fact that I'm not yet convinced that they are financially healthy (which means that even if MD 2 is a great offer, great minis ... I feel there is a risk of not getting what is offered ... or getting it a LOT later).

I'll probably pass.

Weren't they bought by Asmodee?

And Asmodee isn't in great shape either.

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Weren't they bought by Asmodee?

And Asmodee isn't in great shape either.

No, but they now use Asmodee as their North American distributor. That means that outside of items received directly from kickstarters CMON products effectively no longer offer customer service in NA from CMON itself. With Asmodee in charge of customer service replacement part for missing and damaged components no longer exist and the only means of service is working directly with the store the game is purchased from with varying results. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

enjoyed the game (but the tacked on campaign rules were a bit rubbish), and the minis, especially the evil gnomes were excellent

looking forward to part 2 and hope they plan on campaign rules from the start this time in which case they might be worth using

I was only interested in it for the minis but had to drop out of the first one.  I keep hoping to get into the BoGW that had a ton of MD stuff, I finally snagged a Troglodyte Barbarian out of this round.

My friends will be super happy if they can get more dice.. they had to make their own so that they had enough for everyone

1 hour ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I wouldn't mind getting the elementals that never made it to retail.

Didn't that apply to a good chunk of the supposedly non-Kickstartet exclusive items?

• Like 1