Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Massive Darkness 2 - 8/4

I do not like the aesthetic 

I don't think I would bother to paint most of these, 

and I here that the game wasn't as much fun as others in the class. 

Easy Pass - not pledging for the orginal was much harder. 

None of the sculpts drag me in really.  :(  I also didn't enjoy the gameplay of the first game after failing to complete scenarios twice in two different 3-hour sessions.  I get the gameplay is tweaked but it just wasn't fun.

I probably won't back this, but I'm so annoyed. Finally find a centaur in full plate miniature, but I'm not sure I want to pay $100+ just for the opportunity to have a plate armored centaur. Especially when he's wielding a bow.

I am in right now. Not sure if I will stay or not. I do like the angels in the expansion (the ones with regular heads) and I like the demon ladies... But not a huge fan of the other minions.... the weird leg stretch goal monster, and the snake people stretch goal are also kind of meh... and only 4 base characters so far... Will keep an eye on it though.

And the $ between stretch goals seems really far... 

15 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I probably won't back this, but I'm so annoyed. Finally find a centaur in full plate miniature, but I'm not sure I want to pay $100+ just for the opportunity to have a plate armored centaur. Especially when he's wielding a bow.

There are companies that will sell the minis individually after it gets shipped out... 

• Like 2

well ... at least it's "only" $100. And the amount of stuff int he basic pledge is reasonable (unlike other CMON projects where I felt they were gauging if they could get away with a lot less).

Not sure about the sculpts. Some I like, others I don't. Will depend A LOT on the unlocked stretch goals. The first edition game was ok, we played it a couple of times, but not that much.

SOme new mechanics might be interesting.

In for a buck, get access to pledge manager, see real shipping costs and decide then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smokestack said:

And the $ between stretch goals seems really far... 

That's b/c they're also using daily reveals, like they did with Zombicide 2nd edition. OTOH, If Z2's distance between goals isn't as high, yeah, the SG's are far apart.

Anyway, looks more promising for Gloomhaven proxies. I also like this variety of demon types, including fallen angels

Spoiler

In GH, angels are good for Sun Demons, and Naga for giant lizards.

3 hours ago, ced1106 said:

That's b/c they're also using daily reveals, like they did with Zombicide 2nd edition. OTOH, If Z2's distance between goals isn't as high, yeah, the SG's are far apart.

Anyway, looks more promising for Gloomhaven proxies. I also like this variety of demon types, including fallen angels

Reveal hidden contents

In GH, angels are good for Sun Demons, and Naga for giant lizards.

I wasnt sure so just went and looked. Zombicide 2nd edition started at $30,000 stretches, then $40K then $50K. Massive darkness started at $150,000 stretches and is now at $200K stretches. 

Looks like Zombicide 2nd edition's largest stretch was the last one at $110,000. The vast majority were at the $30K range. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Confused 1

I'm not buying games anymore but somehow I'm in for this one. I really liked the original and only regret not going all-in on that one. The added content made it a far better game. The Time Machine debacle kinda soured me a little, I think I wanted the Hellephant box and maybe one other and was never able to buy it post-KS.

on the other hand:

the Nagas, flame and frost spirits and the day 2 unlock are totally not my cup of tea ... if that continues, I'll definitely not up my one dollar.

And (just to put that out here):

how many of CMON's project have not yet been delivered? Yeah, they are an established company, so in the past, I was willing to accept two or three projects that had not yet been fulfilled ... but now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I dropped out. There was some things I liked but overall this just wasn’t drawing me in. 

I feel the same way and love the original Massive Darkness. It doesn’t hurt that I have way too many minis and games. 

23 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

on the other hand:

the Nagas, flame and frost spirits and the day 2 unlock are totally not my cup of tea ... if that continues, I'll definitely not up my one dollar.

And (just to put that out here):

how many of CMON's project have not yet been delivered? Yeah, they are an established company, so in the past, I was willing to accept two or three projects that had not yet been fulfilled ... but now?

This concerns me too. I have at least two from them awaiting delivery and I know I haven’t backed all their recent Kisckstarters. 

• Like 2